ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning back to Ireland after long term stay in india with stamp4 visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pri1313
Newly Registered
India

Returning back to Ireland after long term stay in india with stamp4 visa

Post by Pri1313 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm

Hi,

I am stamp4 visa holder and I am in a situation to leave ireland for some time and go back to my home country India. Does anyone know whether I can return back to Ireland any time within my stamp4 visa period with a job offer in ireland?
I heard from some people that we can only stay outside for maximum 3 months and after that stamp 4 gets nullified.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Returning back to Ireland after long term stay in india with stamp4 visa

Post by Spire01 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:04 pm

Pri1313 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:55 pm
Hi,

I am stamp4 visa holder and I am in a situation to leave ireland for some time and go back to my home country India. Does anyone know whether I can return back to Ireland any time within my stamp4 visa period with a job offer in ireland?
I heard from some people that we can only stay outside for maximum 3 months and after that stamp 4 gets nullified.
If you have a valid IRP card while returning back, you should be fine and you can re-enter without any issue. May be just prepare to give an explanation to the immigration officer if any questions raised. However if you wish to apply for Irish naturalization later on, this long gap may have some impact on your application and you may be required to justify your absence by providing appropriate documentation.

sajidkhan123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sajidkhan123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Any update on this? My wife facing same problem of more than 3 months issue outside Ireland due to family reasons back home.

cooljester
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by cooljester » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 am

I was away from Ireland for 1 year while in stamp4 due to work requirement.

no question asked when returning to dublin. ( may be it was a luck)

sajidkhan123
Newly Registered
India

Post by sajidkhan123 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be a stupid rule. there are number of valid reasons to stay away for more than 90days while IRP card is still valid. I hope my wife dont face any issues either.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Post by Granista » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Its not a stupid rule. You got a stamp 4 residency card (which is not a visa) because you were resident in Ireland. You went back to India and are no longer resident in Ireland, so your permission is not valid.

If the dept doesn't know you left for so long you might be ok a the airport, but then again the stamps in your passport will tell the border control youve been gone too long. So they might not let you in, or they might let you in and tip off the dept that you were not resident, and they will cancel your card,