ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobs after HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

KV

Jobs after HSMP

Post by KV » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:41 pm

Was wondering whether there is any section on how to go about finding a job once we land in the UK on HSMP. There must have been many people here by now, which means this group is highly networked and the people who are already working somewhere, can probably help others by referring them etc...

I am in IT and my spouse in Finance / Accounts. Both of us are looking for jobs right now...would really appreciate, if you guys could tell us how to go about it...if you can give reference / pointers / leads, it would be great.

Regards,

KV

Tyce
Newly Registered

Post by Tyce » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:51 am

Yes I agree. It would be great if some people already in the UK could at least give some tips about where to look - ie, what websites are the best for finding jobs? Coming from another country, something as simple as a website could be a big help!

makon

Post by makon » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:20 am

I got a jobs through www.jobsites.co.uk and www.reed.co.uk, the following site is equally very good, www.cwjobs.co.uk. For IT jobs in academic institutions try www.jobs.ac.uk

gd luck

hsmphopeful

Post by hsmphopeful » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:37 am

For IT the site to go is http://www.jobserve.com

Make sure your CV is in the right format for UK (search on google should give many articles on the subject)

When negotiating salary keep in mind the taxes you will have to pay (including council tax) - a good calculator is here:

http://www.i-resign.com/uk/financialcen ... ulator.asp