ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry Clearance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SandraFelixFelicis
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Entry Clearance

Post by SandraFelixFelicis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Hello everyone!

Sorry if I posted this question where I shouldn't, I've searched for a adequate response to my question but what I found did not satisfy me.

Here's the thing. My grandmother and I applied for a UK visa. The reason is to attend a funeral (unfortunately) and when I collected the passports, it said Entry Clearance instead of Visa, which is what we had in the previous passports.

My question is, can we enter the UK with an Entry Clearance visa and be asked at the airport to provide more evidence that we have no intentions of staying in the UK permanently (and than, they decide if we can enter) or is it just that simple, we received an Entry Clearance and we are free to go?

Really sorry if this is a stupid question but I really want to be sure I understood the meaning of Entry Clearance.

Thanks in advance.

Singh_harv
India

Re: Entry Clearance

Post by Singh_harv » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:56 pm

Uk is moving away from european vignette format. Thats why they have started issuing entry clearance vignette. The type on your entry clearance will be “Visit” so it is similar to your previous Visit visas. The conditions of your visas will be same as previous visas only difference is just the vignette (sticker).

SandraFelixFelicis
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by SandraFelixFelicis » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 pm

Aaaah, understood. You are right, the type on my Entry Clearance is "Visit". Basically, it has all the same data as the previous ones, only the style of the vignette is a bit different.
It kept bugging me why is it different now and just had to ask.

Thank's Singh_harv, I hope your answer will help yet another paranoid traveller like me. :)

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm

SandraFelixFelicis wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:07 pm
Aaaah, understood. You are right, the type on my Entry Clearance is "Visit". Basically, it has all the same data as the previous ones, only the style of the vignette is a bit different.
It kept bugging me why is it different now and just had to ask.

Thank's Singh_harv, I hope your answer will help yet another paranoid traveller like me. :)

Fancy name to make sure it is different from the rest of the globe. So British)))

SandraFelixFelicis
Newly Registered
Slovenia

Post by SandraFelixFelicis » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:19 am

iwolga wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Fancy name to make sure it is different from the rest of the globe. So British)))
Exactly, gotta love them. :)