ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP. TIER 5 VIGNETTE TRANSFER

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mish444
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

PLEASE HELP. TIER 5 VIGNETTE TRANSFER

Post by mish444 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:01 am

Hello,

I have tried to find the information for my questions, but they are not clear enough or hard to find or maybe I just don't understand it! Please read the following and hopefully someone out there can help!

I just applied for my Tier 5 Visa and got accepted. It is valid for 2 years from the 9th of December 2019 to 9th of December 2021. I have the Vignette Visa sticker in my passport.

The Vignette is valid for entry for 30 days from the 9th December 2019 to 9th January 2020.

Yes, same old story.. I will not be able to make it between those dates... THE FOLLOWING is my QUESTION:

IF I were to get a Vignette Transfer and change the entry dates to say.... 20th Of April to 20th May 2020.. Will my 2 YEAR Tier 5 visa then START from the 20th of April... Or will it still start from the 9th of December?

I read that even if you pay the extra amount for the Vignette Transfer and chose different dates, the Tier 5 Visa still begins from the original date you applied and you lose a lot of time of your visa. I've also read other things. If someone can just clear this one up for me please!!

Thank you in advance!! Hopefully someone can help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PLEASE HELP. TIER 5 VIGNETTE TRANSFER

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:13 am

It will still be from 9th December as far as I understand, which is when the 2 years clock starts ticking.

Requesting a new visa vignette is only for facilitating a later travel, not a visa validity and duration date change.

Did you not state a date of intended travel?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.