ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - settled status?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

appel42
Newly Registered

Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - settled status?

Post by appel42 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 pm

Hello,

I would like to use my ILR obtained as part of my settled status as proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions for my citizenship application.

I have submitted my application. What document do I need to provide/upload to UKVCAS to proof this given that the government do not provide official documentation for settled status?

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions - settled status?

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:03 am

BRP shall suffice. It’s normal for one piece of evidence to fulfil different criteria’s. Having said that the HO does send out an official letter of approval before the BRP..

appel42
Newly Registered

Post by appel42 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 pm

I am not sure where you got BRP from? I don't have a BRP and it's not required to gain settled status.

reoo
Newly Registered

Post by reoo » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:41 am

What did you end up submitting as evidence? I am currently on the same boat

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:07 am

appel42 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:17 pm
I am not sure where you got BRP from? I don't have a BRP and it's not required to gain settled status.
Suggest you attach a copy of the confirmation email - appreciate it does say it's not proof but it's an online system so they have no problem cross-checking your statement.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Rbgotpwr

Post by Rbgotpwr » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:06 pm

appel42 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:49 pm
Hello,

I would like to use my ILR obtained as part of my settled status as proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions for my citizenship application.

I have submitted my application. What document do I need to provide/upload to UKVCAS to proof this given that the government do not provide official documentation for settled status?
For Settled Status under the EU Settlement Scheme you need to show the Outcome Letter when you have been granted Settled Status.