ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kingsleynj
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by Kingsleynj » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:32 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:51 am
Kingsleynj wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:53 pm
Mystics12345 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:49 pm
Zemyrk wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:10 pm

Since 22nd May? Why don’t you just withdraw and reapply? 6+ months. What exactly are they waiting for
Hi Zemyrk,
How can we withdraw? I would very much like to withdraw the application and submit a fresh one.

Thanks!
Hello zemyrk,
It's been a long wait.on the 14th of October the case worker contacted me requesting for dna documentation,recent dependency and recent proof that my sponsor is still in the uk,exercising his treaty rights.and i was given a deadline of 28th October to respond,if no respond from me, a decision will be taken based on the documents helded. which I scanned the documents on the 17th of October..i called last week friday and was told my application is still awaiting a decision.its really frustrating been waiting for 137WD
Hi Kingsleynj

I just want to ask if the case worker contacted you regarding the additional documents thru phone or email?
The caseworker contacted me through email

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:13 am

Hi everyone, new member here. I'm a Hungarian citizen, I've been living in the UK for 7 years. My wife is Russian, we got married on the 21st of September, 2019.

Our first application looked like this:
Online application: 29 Oct
Biometrics in Novosibirsk: 1 Nov
Acknowledgement of receipt: 4 Nov
Refusal in email: 7 Nov
Reason for refusal: Failed to provide evidence that the EEA national family member is a
qualified person in accordance with Regulation 6 of the Immigration

Basically, I quit the agency I've been working for for years (sent all the bank statements to prove that) just the week before my wife applied, and incorporated a limited company to become self employed. They said I did not prove that my business is a legit one and there's no cashflow on the bank account.. Probably the clearance officer had a bad night before.

We applied again:
Online application: 15 Nov
Biometrics in Novosibirks: 18 Nov
Acknowledgement of receipt: 21 Nov

No tracking updates, email, text message since then. I gave UKVI a call on their useless customer service line to ask for information on the 27th of November, they confirmed the decision has been made already and the passport is on it's way back to Russia. So we waited, I contacted them again on last Friday, because we still have not received any updates. They told me to call them this Friday again in case we still don't have the passport.

This wait is killing me, and reading the forum, I know it can still be a refusal, and the wait can be months. Is it worth for my wife going to Novosibirsk to the application centre and ask personally if they have the passport?

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:20 am

The second time I provided payslips for the last 6 months (while I was still working for the agency), all the documents proving the incorporation of my company, business bank account details, invoices I've already sent to clients (3 in total, 2 has been paid already). I've also sent them the copy of the contract for the client I'm engaged with and a copy of a short contracted I've been working on for 2 weeks before taking a longer one.

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:50 pm

We received the notification today that our passport is with the courier. I don't have my hopes high, but at least we'll learn what the decision is tomorrow.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:42 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:50 pm
We received the notification today that our passport is with the courier. I don't have my hopes high, but at least we'll learn what the decision is tomorrow.
A piece of advice if the answer is negative. Pause. Ask here in a separate topic, collect all required evidence and apply after that. This is easier than second guessing and doubting.

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Hi mate so what type of email was it , and plz can u notify us tomarrow of what the outcome was.

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Immmi88 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:32 pm
gabrielthorn wrote:
Hi mate so what type of email was it , and plz can u notify us tomarrow of what the outcome was.
Do you mean the refusal for the first application, or the notification about the passport is ready and is with the courier? For the latter, we've received 3 emails, in the same minute:
- TLScontact Aplication assessed by UK Visas and Immigration
- TLScontact Application ready for collection
- TLScontact Application return by courier

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:39 pm
Immmi88 wrote:
gabrielthorn wrote:
Do you mean the refusal for the first application, or the notification about the passport is ready and is with the courier? For the latter, we've received 3 emails, in the same minute:
I mean on the email that says your passport is ready for collection.
I had also submitted my biometric on the 20th october, and I received and email of acknowledgement of the 22nd.
No email yet.
So please can u let us know what ur outcome was tomarrow

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm

Immmi88 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm
gabrielthorn wrote:
Immmi88 wrote:
gabrielthorn wrote:
I had also submitted my biometric on the 20th october, and I received and email of acknowledgement of the 22nd.
No email yet.
I'd recommend making a call to UKVI, at least you know if your application is not straightforward or the decision has been made already. TLSContact's tracking is everything but functional..

The email stating my wife's passport is ready for collection looks like this:
Reference number: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.

Collection in person

Please provide following:

Your Application Checklist
Your Original Photographic ID
Copy of Your Photographic ID
Copy of birth certificate (if collecting for a minor)*
Collecting using a representative

Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
*It fits with Children Protection Act, to guarantee that we are giving the passport back to one of the parents.

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 28 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.

Best regards,

TLScontact team

https://pos.tlscontact.com/ovb_en/index.php/
Of course I'll let you know what the decision is tomorrow.

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 pm
Immmi88 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:15 pm
gabrielthorn wrote:
Immmi88 wrote:

No email yet.
I'd recommend making a call to UKVI, at least you know if your application is not straightforward or the decision has been made already. TLSContact's tracking is everything but functional..

The email stating my wife's passport is ready for collection looks like this:
Reference number: GWFXXXXXXXXX

Dear Applicant,

Your passport and supporting documentation are now ready for collection at the TLScontact UK Visa Application Centre. You can collect your documents in person or by a representative.

Collection in person

Your Original Photographic ID
Collecting using a representative

Representative’s Original Photographic ID
Copy of Representative’s Photographic ID
Signed Letter of Authorisation from You (clearly stating the Representative’s details)
*It fits with Children Protection Act, to guarantee that we are giving the passport back to one of the parents.

You can check collection times and the Centre address on the Address and opening hours page. You are advised to make prompt arrangements to collect your documents from the Visa Application Centre as TLScontact is only able to hold them for 28 days. After this time they will be returned to UK Visas and Immigration, who will pass them on to the issuing authority.

Return by Courier

If your documents are being sent back to you by courier, it will be dispatched within 24 business hours. You will receive an additional email from TLScontact to confirm when they have been dispatched. The local courier service provider may also confirm this with you, depending upon which courier is used in your area.

This is a post only email that is not monitored, please do not reply to this address. If you wish to contact us, please check our Contact Us page.

The information contained in this communication is privileged and confidential. The content is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail, and delete this message from your systems.

Best regards,

TLScontact team

https://pos.tlscontact.com/ovb_en/index.php/
Of course I'll let you know what the decision is tomorrow.
And did u also submit the documents online/ uploaded.
I mean that I did biometric on 20 Nov and acknowledgement reciept was on the 22 nov.
But until now no email

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:51 pm

I wouldn't panic now, just give them a call if you want to have the sensation of doing something, for me, the whole wait is the most frustrating and emotionally tiring process I've ever experienced in my life. Anything you can do to feel better, even for a short period of time is worth it in my opinion.

We made our application online, but as I did not find the way how to upload my documents online and reading horror stories about the upload process I decided to pay for the application center to scan, so my wife printed out all the documents and they've scanned it for her and gave them back, it didn't take longer than 30 minutes.

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am

I can't explain how happy I am. My wife received her passport today with a Visa stamped on it on the 28th of November.

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am
I can't explain how happy I am. My wife received her passport today with a Visa stamped on it on the 28th of November.
Hi mate so do u know when u recived and email that said that u can collect your passport. Was the GWF letter in capital or small case letter. Thanks

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm

Immmi88 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm
gabrielthorn wrote:
Hi mate so do u know when u recived and email that said that u can collect your passport. Was the GWF letter in capital or small case letter. Thanks
It was in capitals, both the first time when we got refused, and the second time too.

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:57 pm

gabrielthorn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm
Immmi88 wrote:
gabrielthorn wrote:
It was in capitals, both the first time when we got refused, and the second time too.
And was anything different

Immmi88
Newly Registered
Kuwait

Post by Immmi88 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:03 pm

Immmi88 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:57 pm
gabrielthorn wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 pm
Immmi88 wrote:
gabrielthorn wrote:
And was anything different
And also my application number is VAF xxxx
And what was urs

Moderator edit : do NOT post details that can identify you and do not ask members to post theirs either. Everyone here's is a complete stranger.

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:12 pm

There was literally no difference, except, we didn't get any emails after the acknowledgement of receipt. I don't have such number :)

rrso
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by rrso » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:57 am

Non priority visa Husband FP Applied from Portugal I am British he is Non - eu
Online application - 28/10/2019
Biometric - 07/11/2019
Submitted doc - 07/11/2019
Application received - 16/11/2019
Received 1st not straightforward email - 20/11/2019
Received 2nd not straightforward email - 05/12/2019

Anyone have an idea on how much longer it can take?

Im pregnant and kind of need to get back to the UK.

Desperate for an answer

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:57 pm
I'm also in a similar situation as you, my status is "awaiting decision" too, applied in TLScontact Madrid. Already 56 working days. My mom living in London called them a couple of times already... it is so frustrating.
Finally, after the long wait. I got my passport with FP with it. Good luck to all!

Kingsleynj
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Kingsleynj » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:40 pm
Hola_ wrote:
I'm also in a similar situation as you, my status is "awaiting decision" too, applied in TLScontact Madrid. Already 56 working days. My mom living in London called them a couple of times already... it is so frustrating.
Finally, after the long wait. I got my passport with FP with it. Good luck to all!
Wow..Congrats to u...cheers mate

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Kingsleynj wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Hola_ wrote:
Wow..Congrats to u...cheers mate
Thanks , it seems like after I filed a complaint, they transferred my application to Liverpool and within 10 days I got my fp eu settlement scheme

gabrielthorn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by gabrielthorn » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Hola_ wrote:
Congrats!! :D

schubert1983
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by schubert1983 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm

sunshine10 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just want to share my experience and processing time for my Family permit from Mumbai VFS North

applied on 22nd June
Biometric on 22nd June
email of Confirmation 1st july
Mail on 16th july from ukvi saying decision made
passport with permit on 17th july
permit date from 13th july
so all in total 11 working days
best of luck to all of you who are waiting
That was quick! Care to elaborate on the documents you submitted? Also what is the sponsors relation with applicant? I have recently applied from Mumbai VFS north and got the confirmation of receipt on 2nd December 2019

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:06 pm

schubert1983 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:04 pm
sunshine10 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 pm
Hi Everyone,
Just want to share my experience and processing time for my Family permit from Mumbai VFS North

applied on 22nd June
Biometric on 22nd June
email of Confirmation 1st july
Mail on 16th july from ukvi saying decision made
passport with permit on 17th july
permit date from 13th july
so all in total 11 working days
best of luck to all of you who are waiting
That was quick! Care to elaborate on the documents you submitted? Also what is the sponsors relation with applicant? I have recently applied from Mumbai VFS north and got the confirmation of receipt on 2nd December 2019
This post is from mid 2018 and the user has not logged into the forum since then.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Osten
Newly Registered
India

Re: EEA

Post by Osten » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 pm

I did my application and biometric on 21 nov
Forwarded the application to ukvi 21st
Recived decision making center 26nov
Till now no email yet can any help me out with the contact number and ask abut my application