ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship application with 6 points on driving license

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Re: citizenship application with 6 points on driving license

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:12 am

Ty3 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:40 pm
Eligibility criteria:married to a British citizen 7 year indefinite leave to remain
Language/LIUK Criteria:life in the uk text and English language certificate
Nationality :Nigeria
Method of application:post Royal Mail
Date of application:24 September 2019
Payment method:credit card 30/9/2019
Date of acknowledgement: 1/10/2019
Date of debit of fees:waiting 1/10/2019
Date of biometric letter received/issued:3/1012019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 4/10/2019
Date on Approval letter: 26/11/2019
Date of receipt of approval:2/12/2019
Date of receipt of ceremony letter:not book yet
Date of Ceremony: waiting

I give all the glory to God the waiting is over, my application toke 8 weeks and I got 6 point on my license and court summon for not paying council tax I just want to say thanks to everybody that is helping on this amazing forum
This person had 6 points on their licence, if you want a firsthand experience maybe message them.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:26 am

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:12 am
Ty3 wrote:
Eligibility criteria:married to a British citizen 7 year indefinite leave to remain

I give all the glory to God the waiting is over, my application toke 8 weeks and I got 6 point on my license and court summon for not paying council tax I just want to say thanks to everybody that is helping on this amazing forum
This person had 6 points on their licence, if you want a firsthand experience maybe message them.
That user does not have access to the PM function, if that is what you mean by messaging them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:31 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 am
No. There is no requirement to declare anything or have a cover letter
Thanks Zimba, in the guidance and good characters document, they say that we have to declare everything so I’m wondering if I don’t mention my 2 speedings and unfortunately they find out, will they class me as bad characters?

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:12 am
Ty3 wrote:

Many thanks for your advice but I cannot message anyone yet

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Well that's a shame user Ty3 can't receive messages yet. Definitely would've been the best person to share a similar experience. That said, they do have an active thread of their own down about 10 spaces asking about First Passport referee, you could ask there and they'd get a notification of your query at least. Ask them to answer your query in your own thread so you don't hijack theirs, I don't know, just being creative here!

For what it's worth, we declared some speeding points and other driving offences that were already spent and not visible on DVLA anymore as they were over 6 yrs ago because we did not want to risk any implications of being deceitful.

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:15 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:55 pm
Well that's a shame user Ty3 can't receive messages yet. Definitely would've been the best person to share a similar experience. That said, they do have an active thread of their own down about 10 spaces asking about First Passport referee, you could ask there and they'd get a notification of your query at least. Ask them to answer your query in your own thread so you don't hijack theirs, I don't know, just being creative here!

For what it's worth, we declared some speeding points and other driving offences that were already spent and not visible on DVLA anymore as they were over 6 yrs ago because we did not want to risk any implications of being deceitful.
Thanks, actually I see the section in the online application form is all about criminal activities and I’ve never offended once. So I can understand why Zimba said I wouldn’t need to declare the speedings in both form and cover letter.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:36 pm

Fair enough. As I said, we declared under "Something else...." where it asked about any offences ever, my interpretation was Fixed Penalty Notices had to be declared. We did it just for peace of mind. But you're right, all this is just advice and you have to make the decision ultimately.

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Thank you

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) must be disclosed,
although will not normally be taken into account unless:

• you have failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result
• you received 3 or more fixed penalty notices at any level
• in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one
of which was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more).
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... oklet.pdf
Here's what Guide AN has to say about it, under Criminality. It will likely not have an effect on your application but you have to declare it. You can also type in Fixed Penalty Notices at the top of this forum to do a search and see what other users had to say.

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 pm

Thanks, that's what I read and reason why I think we should declare those in the cover letter as in the online application form it mentions criminal activities only. It's weird when they use examples of disqualification or driving without insurance.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:55 am

sonrock wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:20 pm
It's weird when they use examples of disqualification or driving without insurance.
There is space on the online application to declare "Something else..." and this is where this would fall into. I guess in your case you'd have to consider the 3rd point - i.e. in the past 3 years you received 2 or more fixed penalty notices, at least one of which was at the upper levels (fine of £200 or more).
If this doesn't apply to you then your 6 points in and of themselves should not have a negative effect on your application judging by the user Ty3's experience I quoted above, granted I have no idea when, relative to the 3yrs mentioned in the 3rd point or what level their infractions were.

sonrock

Post by sonrock » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Thanks, the 3rd point doesn't apply to me either as I have 3 points and £100 fines for each.

I can presume that if I don't mention it under criminality but detailing them in my cover letter, it should be ok?

I know people didn't declare anything and they got BC, but I don't want to take the risk to be honest.