ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect DOB on BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

challar
Newly Registered

Incorrect DOB on BRP card

Post by challar » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi forum,
As part of Tier2 ICT visa renewal process my wife's (dependant) DOB is entered incorrectly by mistake in the application and to our surprise the visa has been granted and with incorrect birth year printed on the back of BRP.
This happened during our last visa renewal process a month ago.
Can you please advise how to get this rectified and any impact on her immigration?
If there is a procedure for this, how long this may take? and is it possible to travel back to India if there is any emergency whilst the visa is with HO under correction process?

We're in UK since Mar/2011 and in Mar/2021 we are planning to apply for PR under the 10 year route. Bit worried about any impact in this regards too.

Kindly advise

Thanks,
Challa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Incorrect DOB on BRP card

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:19 pm

So your error then and not an HO error??

I suggest notify the contact details you got with the card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Garry20g

Post by Garry20g » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi challa. You can not travel to India because your dob does not match with your passport. So you should rectify it as soon as possible. Why not you notice it on your biometric appointment because they as you many time about dob.

challar
Newly Registered

Post by challar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. Really, no where we noticed it. It was a last minute thing by my company.. we (myself, daughter and wife) went for BRP just a week before .. I believe the postoffice executives asked us and we must have told ours corrrectly.. everything went through and we've noticed it on the BRP when my wife had to provide it to prove right to work for a company offer.

Any guidelines on the process for this please?

Thanks,
Challa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 pm

It is not the Post Office responsibility to check that you have completed a form correctly. The Post Office, where applicable, only enrol biometrics and if they asked your date of birth, it was purely for identity purposes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

challar
Newly Registered

Post by challar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you CR001. Apologies if I have sounded like I am blaming anyone for this.. I really have no such intentions. I do admit I should have been careful and should have myself validated the application thoroughly before submitting and the HO's BRP letter on its arrival.

By the way I have found this HO link to report mistakes in BRP (which I was very much after and the real reason for posting this question). On submitting this.. the HO will respond with in 20 days and advise on guidelines with what to do next. One may need to apply for re-issue of a BRP.
Posting for others benifit: https://www.biometric-residence-permit. ... s/location

Thanks,
Challa

Shubha007p
Newly Registered
India

Post by Shubha007p » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 pm

Hi Challa,
Have you received your corrected BRP?
I am also facing similar issue. The DOB is wrong in my wife's (T2 ICT Dependant) BRP. I have informed Home Office today using that link just after receiving the BRP. So, your updates will be very helpful.