ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non -EU Citizen to Work in EU as a Tour Guide

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rabbitoh
Newly Registered
Australia

Non -EU Citizen to Work in EU as a Tour Guide

Post by Rabbitoh » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:49 am

Hi There This is my situation. I am Australian married to an Italian. We live in Poland and I have a Polish residence card. I have been able to obtain employment with two British based companies to lead tours throughout the EU and beyond. From what I understand under my current circumstances I can only legally work in Poland or the country where my wife resides. I am eligible for a British Ancestry visa but do not particularly want to spend close to 3000 pounds on a visa that will only allow me to work in the UK and not beyond. I really want to take up these opportunities but I cannot see a way around the right to work in the EU. Cheers

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Non -EU Citizen to Work in EU as a Tour Guide

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:35 pm

Hi

We had similar question recently in the company I work with: non-EU with work visa in an EU country but having to move to deliver work across the UE.

The result was very predictable. There is no visa that allows to work in all EU countries. The right to work in EU is specific to EU citizenship holders and not conferred by any visa.

As non EU, you need a work visa for each EU country :( It's not practical.