ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Qualifying Period - Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Fill ILR application form (Tier 2 General Route)-Doubts

Post by sivalsm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

I'm about to submit my ILR application. Need clarification on below doubts.. Appreciate any sort of help

1. I got visa stamping done on 30 Jan 205 and I entered into UK 16 Feb 2015 (within 17 days).

Q: Based on rule 28 days rule will be applied on 30 Jan 2015 or 16 Feb 2015?
Q: I can see that in ILR application, it is asking when I entered first time into UK which is 16 Feb 2015, Where I need to mention 30 Jan 2015?

2. I got employer supporting letter for ILR

Q: SOC Code should be there in letter, I can see that it is missing
Q: Letter should be issued within 30 days of my ILR application date?

3. Holidays: I travelled back to India on 19th August 2017 (Saturday) and returned on 1st September 2017 (Friday) - 15 days

Q: Employer gave letter stating I took leave from 21 August (Monday) and returned to office on 4th September (Monday), will that be OK?
Q: Do I need to enter 19th Aug/21st Aug in section when i travelled out from UK?

4. Do we need to provide any sort of cover letter to cover any sort of details or stating my travel history for other countries (I provided travel history which was in 2013 and 2014 to Norway and Saudi Arabia)

I know that few questions are silly, But I'd like to take opinion of others ... LOL

Thanks.
Siva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fill ILR application form (Tier 2 General Route)-Doubts

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 pm

1. I got visa stamping done on 30 Jan 205 and I entered into UK 16 Feb 2015 (within 17 days).

Q: Based on rule 28 days rule will be applied on 30 Jan 2015 or 16 Feb 2015?
Q: I can see that in ILR application, it is asking when I entered first time into UK which is 16 Feb 2015, Where I need to mention 30 Jan 2015?
Visa ISSUE date minus 28 days. The question about when you ENTERED the UK is exactly that, the date you ENTERED and is separate to the allowance HO has given PBS migrants to apply within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of the visa ISSUE date.
2. I got employer supporting letter for ILR

Q: SOC Code should be there in letter, I can see that it is missing
Q: Letter should be issued within 30 days of my ILR application date?
It needs to state your SOC. It should not be older than 28 days before the date you submit and pay online.
3. Holidays: I travelled back to India on 19th August 2017 (Saturday) and returned on 1st September 2017 (Friday) - 15 days

Q: Employer gave letter stating I took leave from 21 August (Monday) and returned to office on 4th September (Monday), will that be OK?
Q: Do I need to enter 19th Aug/21st Aug in section when i travelled out from UK?
The days in the absence letter is SEPARATE to the question about your absence in the form. In the form, you need to state the day of departure and the date of returning. HO do obviously know the rules!
4. Do we need to provide any sort of cover letter to cover any sort of details or stating my travel history for other countries (I provided travel history which was in 2013 and 2014 to Norway and Saudi Arabia)
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Post by sivalsm » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi,

Thanks a ton for such a quick reply. It cleared lot of clouds. Could you please check this as well?

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

I born in India, Do I need to mention details for India as well? It is bit confusing.

Thanks,
Siva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:59 pm

You need to mention all countries you have LIVED, including birth country. This is not about countries VISITED, only lived.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

ILR Qualifying Period - Tier 2 General

Post by sivalsm » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:53 am

Hi Friends,

Happy New Year.

I'm bit confused in calculation of Qualifying Period for ILR. Could someone guide me on my case.

Tier 2 General:
Visa issued: 30 Jan 2015
Entered into UK: 16 Feb 2015 (17 days after visa stamping)
Current Visa Expiry: 6 April 2020

I took 2 weeks (14 days to Home Country) of leave after I entered into UK and I got letter from Employer for the same.

With the above details, what will be the earliest date I can apply for ILR with respect to Online Application Payment/ Documents Submission and Visa Appointment.

Thanks,
Siva

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Qualifying Period - Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:00 am

sivalsm wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:53 am
Hi Friends,

Happy New Year.

I'm bit confused in calculation of Qualifying Period for ILR. Could someone guide me on my case.

Tier 2 General:
Visa issued: 30 Jan 2015
Entered into UK: 16 Feb 2015 (17 days after visa stamping)
Current Visa Expiry: 6 April 2020

I took 2 weeks (14 days to Home Country) of leave after I entered into UK and I got letter from Employer for the same.

With the above details, what will be the earliest date I can apply for ILR with respect to Online Application Payment/ Documents Submission and Visa Appointment.

Thanks,
Siva
1. Please do NOT post ILR questions in the tier 2 sub forum!!

2. Keep ALL your questions in one topic, now merged.

3. This question has already been answered on 5th December. Asking again doesn't change the answer!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sivalsm
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR Qualifying Period - Tier 2 General

Post by sivalsm » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi,
Thanks for confirmation. I'll take care these things in future. I'm about to submit my ILR application.
Could you please guide me on below points:

1. I got 2 indian passports (Old and Current). I travelled UK on current passport and I never used my old passport (No stamps at all). Do I need to upload scanned copies of OLD passport as well?

2. Coscent Form - I'm the only applicant and providing bank statement which is not hold by joint. I signed on PART 1 and wrote N/A on PART 2 and 3. Will that be OK?

3. In application I found that:

confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. (See note 8 below)

I didn't find any such note in application, I got employer letter states my designation, soc code, salary (Annual) and Number of hours I work per week and joining date etc.,

Do I need to have any specific content to cater above.

Many Thanks,
Siva