ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

apunan
Newly Registered

Post by apunan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi All,

I have got my Entry Clearance stamped today. Here are the details:

HSMP Tier1 Application from India : Approved!!!!

Application Date : 09th June, 2008
Reference No Allocated : 09th June, 2008
Integra called HR : 11th June, 2008
Visa Stamped : 1st July, 2008
Docs recieved : 2nd July, 2008

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:29 pm

Congratulations Apunan , could you please give more details regaring your application like which city did u apply from, what proofs you have provided etc. This will really be helpful

apunan
Newly Registered

Post by apunan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:38 pm

Hi,

I have applied from Bangalore. As proofs, I have the provided the following :

Employment proofs
- Current and Previous appointment letters, Relieving letters
- Current and previous payslips
- Current Company ID card
- HR contact details
- Last 3 year ITRs

Maintenance proofs
- One bank Statement showing last 3 months balance of GBP 2800.
- Letter from father for evidence of sudden money deposit in account

Integra proofs
- All HSMP proofs
- Passport copies
- payslip copies

Accomodation Proof
- Friend's Invitation Letter
- Friend's tenancy agreement copy
- Friend's Passport copy
- Friend's Driving license

Please let me know if you need to know any specific detail.
Manu345 wrote:Congratulations Apunan , could you please give more details regaring your application like which city did u apply from, what proofs you have provided etc. This will really be helpful

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Thanks Apunan,

Just wondering , are they asking for appointment letter and SARAL/ITR or you have submitted by yourself?

Did they ask for 10th and 12th certificates?

apunan
Newly Registered

Post by apunan » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:21 pm

Appointment letter is required for current employer, optional for previous ones. ITRs are mandatory.

Only certificates and marksheets for highest level(preferably graduation and higher) of education are necessary, not 10th and 12th.

N.B : All the info I have collected from this site, talking to VFS and thru my personal experience.
Manu345 wrote:Thanks Apunan,

Just wondering , are they asking for appointment letter and SARAL/ITR or you have submitted by yourself?

Did they ask for 10th and 12th certificates?

Manu345

Post by Manu345 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:36 am

Apunan thanks for the information.

rawpan

Post by rawpan » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Anyone has idea about current processing time for Tier 1 General from New Delhi ??

guruprasad
Newly Registered

Post by guruprasad » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm

I need clarrification on the below querry:
Regarding maintaince fund, i have managed to show 2800 pounds in my salary account.Now the problem is to show the source of this funds. I got around 1lakh from my dad and 50 k from my frnd whom i had given credit. Now do i need to provide any document for the same and if so what document. From 3 months the amount is in sal acct.

Kindly give suggestion on the same

Thanks in advance

Regards
Guru

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

guruprasad wrote:I need clarrification on the below querry:
Regarding maintaince fund, i have managed to show 2800 pounds in my salary account.Now the problem is to show the source of this funds. I got around 1lakh from my dad and 50 k from my frnd whom i had given credit. Now do i need to provide any document for the same and if so what document. From 3 months the amount is in sal acct.

Kindly give suggestion on the same

Thanks in advance

Regards
Guru
If the two transactions (1L and 50K) do not appear in the 3 month statements, then there should be no need to provide evidence of source of funds. Maybe you would want to wait till such time that these 2 transactions don't fall in the 3 month period.

Else, get a letter from your father stating that the money has been given to you to help you sustain yourself during initial period in UK. Attach bank statement of your dad's account showing the transaction.

Similarly, get a letter from your friend stating that he had borrowed this money from you in the past and is returning it to you. Attach his bank statement showing the transaction.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

HSMPChile
Newly Registered

Post by HSMPChile » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:56 pm

Hello

Did any of you have to submit any translated documents? which ones?

Thanks and regards

HC

nsurana
Newly Registered

Post by nsurana » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:51 pm

Is the link to track application on VFS website only way to know the status of application if one has applied from India? Normally how do they inform anyone about the rejection or approval of the Visa? Do they send a mail or status get updated on the VFS website?

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:26 pm

Is the link to track application on VFS website only way to know the status of application if one has applied from India?
Unfortunately, yes.
Normally how do they inform anyone about the rejection or approval of the Visa?
By posting your application packet to you(i.e.you only come to know about your application when you receive your documents back).
Do they send a mail or status get updated on the VFS website?
VFS status only tells you that your documents have been sent back to you and not about the outcome of application.

You can try to contacting BHC by email/phone about your application on following link: BHC India (see left of the page)

Please note that VFS Bangalore phone service is not of much help to know the application status, as they give you the status which is present in VFS tracking website, not any more

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 pm

Infact, practically you will not get any YES/NO from them until you receive the packet :)

Neither BHC nor VFS will disclose anything in e-mail.

suhas
Newly Registered

Post by suhas » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Can any one confirm that Employment proff are required or not required for Tier 1 application.

to my knowledge after reading vaf9 and tier1policyquide....
employment proof is not required.....any thoughts pls...

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:

Maintenance Fund - Source Of Fund question

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Guru[/quote]If the two transactions (1L and 50K) do not appear in the 3 month statements, then there should be no need to provide evidence of source of funds. Maybe you would want to wait till such time that these 2 transactions don't fall in the 3 month period.

regards[/quote]

I have question for you (SushdMehta) about the above quote:

First My situation details: I am saving money for Maintenance fund from my salary itself. Now I will achieve that in the month of August 08, and from Sept to Dec 08 (3 months period) I will keep that amount and then apply after 5th Dec 08. What I have done is just to be on safer side I asked my Dad to give me some money (1.5 Lacs) so that I can have more than enough money for Maintenance fun (I know it doesnt matter, i just need 2800 pounds); anyways now again I am not going to put the complete 1.5 Lacs in to my bank account but I am planning to credit around 80 K in my bank account (i.e Outside that 3 months period Sept - Dec 08).

Question is

1. Do I still need to show any proof for this Source of fund? (I know the answer is NO but has anyone got into any problems when they did not show the Source of fund which did not fall in the 3 months Maintenance fund period)?

2. And Also if I put the 80 K in pieces like 25 K - 25 K - 30 K - Would that make any difference or I am good to put the 80 K in one shot in my bank account?

Kind Regards

Jedi001

ndeshna
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund Requirement

Post by ndeshna » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:35 am

I want to apply for Tier -1 (General) category visa.
I have a Fixed Deposit(FD) of Rs 3,00,000/- (Three Lacs) (GBP more than 2800/- ) with Indian Overseas Bank (Govt of India Enterprise) for the period of more than 3 months.
This FD can be liquidated/redeemed at any time and it does not have any lock-in period.

I want to know, Can I submit the FD document as a Maintenance Fund proof?
Do I need to get the letter from Bank Manager stating that FD is held for more than 3 months and that the FD can be liquidated any time?

Please answer my queries if you are sure or you have got visa with FD as maintenance Fund requirement.

shashi545
Newly Registered

Received Tier1 VFS Bangalore

Post by shashi545 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:41 pm

Hi Friends,

I received my tier1 visa today :)

EC applied on: 27th June 2008
Applied From: Bengalooru VFS
Integra Verification: 16th July (I got a mail from employer saying that agency wants to verify my details for pre-immigration)
BHC Direct Verification: No
EC Status: Approved (Processed application delivered to Blue Dart on 21 Jul 2008)
Received visa on: 21 Jul 2008
Total Duration: 18 working days

Regards
Shashi

geriatrix

Re: Maintenance Fund Requirement

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:46 pm

ndeshna wrote:Do I need to get the letter from Bank Manager stating that FD is held for more than 3 months and that the FD can be liquidated any time?
In short, yes!

Make an effort to search the forum as answers to all such queries are already available. Will save you time.

regards

ndeshna
Newly Registered

Maintenance Fund Requirement

Post by ndeshna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:14 am

Thank you for the reply. Indeed I search the forum first to get the answer but I was not sure with the replies of the members.

Now 'Guru' has replied, I am sure and I will go about arranging a letter from Bank Manager on FD.

Tier1_Aspirant
Newly Registered

Few Queries

Post by Tier1_Aspirant » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa in a few weeks time. Found that this board is quite helpful and thus my first post :)

I had a query about something, a clear answer to which I could not find anywhere.
Though there is no mention of Accomodation or Employment proof in the Tier-1 guidelines, I heard from someone that such proofs are required for Tier1 application. Could you pls let me know if this is true? If its true, what kind of proofs would I need?

~tia

geriatrix

Re: Few Queries

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:29 pm

Tier1_Aspirant wrote:Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 visa in a few weeks time. Found that this board is quite helpful and thus my first post :)

I had a query about something, a clear answer to which I could not find anywhere.
Though there is no mention of Accomodation or Employment proof in the Tier-1 guidelines, I heard from someone that such proofs are required for Tier1 application. Could you pls let me know if this is true? If its true, what kind of proofs would I need?

~tia
Check with BHC in your country whether accommodation and / or employment proofs are required (or not) for Tier 1 application. Do not believe in hearsay otherwise you might end up wasting hard-earned money!

The kind of proofs required are already discussed on the forum and clear answers definitely available! Make an effort to search

regards

ndeshna
Newly Registered

Post by ndeshna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 am

Check out this link. You dont need any sponsor for Tier -1

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... nt#3906078

Satish_acc2006
Newly Registered

Regarding Hotel bookng .... Tier-1

Post by Satish_acc2006 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:05 am

Hi Kausha,

Could you please let me know that I have to show the
Hotel booking for 15 days or letter stating to accommodate yme while in the UK or address proof from person in UK accommodating me while submitting the applications for Tier-1...?

Thanks in advance.

Cheer's,
Satish.

pyke

Post by pyke » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:23 pm

apunan wrote:
Accomodation Proof
- Friend's Invitation Letter
- Friend's tenancy agreement copy
- Friend's Passport copy
- Friend's Driving license

Please let me know if you need to know any specific detail.

Congratulations, apunan! I was wondering what approach you took with the friend's invitation letter. Was it addressed to you, inviting you with all your friend's personal, contact and accommodation details included or was it addressed to the BHC to inform them that your friend was able to provide accommodation with all those details? Would be really helpful if you can provide advice on what details you included in the letter too! Got a sample?

Would a printout of an email from a friend suffice?

Also, a copy of your friend's passport and driving license isn't necessary, is it?

Thank you!

vividprose
Newly Registered

Tier 1 - Question about maintanance funds..

Post by vividprose » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:58 pm

Guys

I see so many posts on this topic and I am really sorry about posting the same question...but I am really confused by the responses of BHC and VFS on this one..

I have an FD which exceeds maintanance funds requirements since more than 3 months, and I want to use it. I can't wait more as I may lose age points if I delay the application in order to arrange funds into my savings account.

Upon repeated requests (email) to vfs and bhc, they are saying different things. Sometimes they simply don't answer. Telephonic answers are also inconsistent and sometimes they themselves seem to be at a loss of information.

I know from all the posts that letter from bank stating "funds should be withdrawable anytime" should be enough, but I am simply not feeling confident due to VFS / BHC replies.

Will any of you be of any help? I need a successful / failed case w.r.t. this factor.

Sorry again for duplicate post but I am really at a loss of clarity.

Thanks for the help,
-vividprose