ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK with IRC

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JJGrand
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Travelling to UK with IRC

Post by JJGrand » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Hi Folks,
I'm sorry if this comes across as a dumb question, but I was just granted the permission to remain in the State based on an Irish citizen child. I and my fiancée (who's also an Irish citizen) plan to travel to London with our baby next April for a wedding.

My question is.. as I'm travelling with them, do I need to apply for a UK visa or will my IRC suffice?

Thanks in advance.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travelling to UK with IRC

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:35 pm

No you cannot travel to UK without a visa. You will need either a Stamp 4EUFAM, or a UK visa. You may be able to apply for an EEA Family Permit which is free, but because you are not married at the moment, you will need to prove the relationship between you and your fiancee. A standard visa is the easiest way to go.

Bippin
Malaysia

Post by Bippin » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:17 pm

I don't want to be cheeky but just last August i travelled to UK via ferry from Belfast and no border control or whatever there which is quite surprised me as i prepared all paperwork ( EU residence card) ready if asked. You could check if you need visa on UK home office website.

JJGrand
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by JJGrand » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm

Thanks for your replies guys. I guess my best shot as it stands would be to contact the UK embassy to enquire if I'm qualified to apply for the EEA family permit and what the visa requirements are if I'm not.

As per going through ferry as suggested by @Bippin, it would have been a nice alternative if we weren't travelling with our babies.