ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent and Child dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Misumon82
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Dependent and Child dependent ILR

Post by Misumon82 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:46 am

Hi,
Can any one help me on the topics below.

I am in tier 2 visa and my visa will be end in September 2020. I am already eligible for my ILR application as I have completed my Five years I am planning to apply in December. My questions is dose my wife and son needs to apply for extension with me or they can apply for extension in September 2020.

My second question is my wife get her tier 2 pbs dependent visa on November 2014 but she came to the UK in March 2016 can anyone advise me when she will be eligible for ILR application in November 2019 or March 2020.

My third question is does my son needs to be apply for ILR he born in outside UK or I can apply directly apply for settlements. I have spoke with one solicitor and he advised me my son doesn’t need for ILR application. I am bit confused if he is correct or not.

Thanks in advance for helping me

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent and Child dependent ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:11 am

1. They can apply for an extension in September.

2. As she came to the UK so late after getting her visa, likely only 2021 for ilr.

3. Your son needs ilr and can apply when your wife does. Presumably you are asking if you can skip ilr and apply for citizenship directly, which he can't as he was born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Misumon82
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: Dependent and Child dependent ILR

Post by Misumon82 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 am

Thank you for your advise.

Just one more added help requested I got my Tier 2 visa on September 2014 then change employer on April 2016. Do I need any letter from my previous employer? Also if I am not wrong change of sponsorship does not have any impact on my ILR.

Again thanks in advance for advise on this matter