ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Maternity Leave Question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

UK Spouse Visa - Maternity Leave Question

Post by Zahaa10 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 am

Hello everyone,

just have a quick question, hope someone answer it for me quickly.

I am in salaried employment ( Earning £23500 p/a) and have been with the same employer for the past 14 months.
My gross salary has been £1958 each month. However, I took some 8 days of unpaid leave between August and September. They consider the last 6 months which are as follow

may- Gross=£1958 Net £1586
June- Gross=£1958 Net £1586
July-Gross=£1958 Net 1586
August-Gross=£1958 Net £1336 (some loan deduction which I fully repaid)
September-Gross=1958 Net £845 unpaid leave
October-Gross1958 Net 1586
I have a letter from the employer confirming my unpaid leave and the amount borrowed to be returned fully.

Can I apply or do I wait 6 months more?

geoeng
Canada

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Maternity Leave Question

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 am

The application is based on gross income rather than net, so deductions won't matter. That said, the 8 days unpaid leave may be considered days you did not receive income. To be on the safe side, you may be better off applying under category B and providing 12 months worth of payslips and bank statements provided you are still employed with the same employer at that salary.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Zahaa10 wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 am

I have a letter from the employer confirming my unpaid leave and the amount borrowed to be returned fully.

No need to wait for further 6 months. These 8 days period will be discounted for the purposes of the application and it will not break the 6 month period of continuous employment required. So you can show your income required over a period of 6 months and 8 days prior to the date.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm

geoeng wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:43 am
The application is based on gross income rather than net, so deductions won't matter. That said, the 8 days unpaid leave may be considered days you did not receive income. To be on the safe side, you may be better off applying under category B and providing 12 months worth of payslips and bank statements provided you are still employed with the same employer at that salary.

I agree with above as CAT B will suit the OP rather than CAT A just to be on a safe side.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:11 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm
geoeng wrote:

I agree with above as CAT B will suit the OP rather than CAT A just to be on a safe side.
No harm in doing so with more paper work but with employer letter the op can simply gets the discounted time period of 6 months & 8 days under category A.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:17 pm

Apologies, I hadn't connected the title of the post with the text, which didn't mention maternity leave at all, in which case the 8 days unpaid leave won't matter. Thanks seagul.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:11 am

Thank you very much indeed everyone for taking time and answering my query.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:32 am

thank you everyone who took time and answered my query, I will be applying soon and after completing the application, I will keep you guys posted either way.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Guys,

A quick question, applied using direc.gov appendix fm partner visa application, while submitting supporting documents, do I fill in APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A ( financial requirement form) or that is no longer required?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:35 pm

Zahaa10 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Guys,

A quick question, applied using direc.gov appendix fm partner visa application, while submitting supporting documents, do I fill in APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A ( financial requirement form) or that is no longer required?
To cover all basis and Have peace you can fill it. Others on this forum including me did not fill or submit APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A ( financial requirement form) and got a positive outcome.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Thanks ever so much for a quick response, I dont really want to submit it since it is confusing and I had taken unpaid parental leave for which i provided an employer letter confirming the leave as well as doctors letter. If I fill this damn form, it will confuse things.
Am not sure if this is 100% a requirement anymore?

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:11 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:06 pm
geoeng wrote:

No harm in doing so with more paper work but with employer letter the op can simply gets the discounted time period of 6 months & 8 days under category A.
Segul, Please help. Do I need to fill appendix 2 financial requirement form?
I dont really want to fill it if that is not a requirement.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:17 am

Zahaa10 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm
Thanks ever so much for a quick response, I dont really want to submit it since it is confusing and I had taken unpaid parental leave for which i provided an employer letter confirming the leave as well as doctors letter. If I fill this damn form, it will confuse things.
Thank you!
So does that mean its not a requirement anymore?
if it is not required I dont want to provide more information and confuse things.
if the appendix fm partner online application via direct.gov suffice the requirment, I dont want to do it.
Please let me know I know you already did, but one last confirmation before my wife attends her isometric.

thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Zahaa10 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:17 am
Zahaa10 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:13 pm
Thank you!
So does that mean its not a requirement anymore?
if it is not required I dont want to provide more information and confuse things.
if the appendix fm partner online application via direct.gov suffice the requirment, I dont want to do it.
Please let me know I know you already did, but one last confirmation before my wife attends her isometric.

thanks in advance.
As stated in a post of my feedback, I did not fill the Appendix 2, wrote to Sheffield and told them so, that since filled the application on gov.uk, downloading and printing the paper appendix 2 is a duplication of efforts and I should not be penalized.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 pm

Thank you, I will not fill it. : )

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Zahaa10 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:57 pm
Thank you, I will not fill it. : )
The Appendix 2 asks for more info and such could be detrimental or cause confusion as you put it.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Thats exactly what I mean, I have provided enough info and where there is complication, my employers provided a letter.
Dont want to confuse things with appendix 2, called UK visas and immigration too, they said if it is not on your documents checklist, it wont be required and as you stated, its just duplication of the information.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:17 pm

Dear Geong,

thanks ever so much for your advice which got us to a stage where my wifes passport is requested for visa issuance, I was extremely happy but we did make a mistake.
Her passport had less than 5 months validity and she had to renew it, however the new passport indicates previous passport details too at the last page.
Spoke to Sitel Uk the company that deals with UK visas and immigration, they said submit both old and current passport as both are stapled together.

My main question is, since there is a lockdown all over the world due to Covid-19, shall I infrom UK visa immigration in writting about this page or shall I submit both old passport which application was based on and the new one.
Both are stapled together and new passport is like a carryover of the old one where it does confirm the old passport.

Due to lockdown and not knowing for how long this lock down will carryon, we had to renew the passport.

i will be really sad if I she dont get her issued visa only for this purpose.

Please advice on this a bit sooner, will be very kind of you

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:18 pm

Dear Amazonian

thanks ever so much for your advice which got us to a stage where my wifes passport is requested for visa issuance, I was extremely happy but we did make a mistake.
Her passport had less than 5 months validity and she had to renew it, however the new passport indicates previous passport details too at the last page.
Spoke to Sitel Uk the company that deals with UK visas and immigration, they said submit both old and current passport as both are stapled together.

My main question is, since there is a lockdown all over the world due to Covid-19, shall I infrom UK visa immigration in writting about this page or shall I submit both old passport which application was based on and the new one.
Both are stapled together and new passport is like a carryover of the old one where it does confirm the old passport.

Due to lockdown and not knowing for how long this lock down will carryon, we had to renew the passport.

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:19 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Zahaa10 wrote:

No need to wait for further 6 months. These 8 days period will be discounted for the purposes of the application and it will not break the 6 month period of continuous employment required. So you can show your income required over a period of 6 months and 8 days prior to the date.

Dear Segul,

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:42 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:35 pm
Zahaa10 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Guys,

To cover all basis and Have peace you can fill it. Others on this forum including me did not fill or submit APPENDIX 2 VAF 4A ( financial requirement form) and got a positive outcome.
Desperately looking for a response

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:56 pm
Zahaa10 wrote:

Dear Segul,
desperately waiting on a response or advice please.

Dear Geong,

Zahaa10
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Zahaa10 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:45 pm

Dear Everyone,

Advice needed desperatel

[/size]thanks ever so much for your advice which got us to a stage where my wifes passport is requested for visa issuance, I was extremely happy but we did make a mistake.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:54 pm

Unless the passport hasn't been stolen/lost the old & new passports should ideally be stapled together which will be known to UKVI and won't cause any affect on the outcome. Regarding the lockdown nobody can advise as when the life goes back to normal as the only instruction everyone has to stay home.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 pm

Zahaa10 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:45 pm
Dear Everyone,

Advice needed desperatel

[/size]thanks ever so much for your advice which got us to a stage where my wifes passport is requested for visa issuance, I was extremely happy but we did make a mistake.

Your application was made with a different passport number. At time of visa issuance this passport will fail due to having less than 6months validity so new passport requires.
Therefore and as per the official advice from SiTel, submit both passports. Go further by telling your spouse to go with a letter of explanation detailing why 2 passports being submitted and referencing the old passport number reflects in the new one and on what page.
On getting the visa and spouse travelling to UK, ensure to carry both passports and be ready to explain (if any queries at POE).