ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few urgent questions regarding Naturalisation Application Form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Naturalisation - Application Date and Residency requirement

Post by Syed_ali » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:10 am

Hi everyone

Hope you are well.

I am planning to apply for british citizenship via the naturalisation route.

I have held ILR since Oct-29,2018 , therefore more than 12 months have passed and hence I can apply. I was on Tier-2 for 5 years prior to that date.

There are few things regarding the application that are bothering me - grateful if someone can advise on this soon.

1. Residency requirements : Guidance notes mention that applicant cannot be out of the country for more than 90 days in the last 12 months- does that include the days I flew out of the UK and came back into the UK? I guess these two days dont count for each trip - but would like to confirm?

2. Application date : Guidance notes also mention that the applicant has to be in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date - Now, I plan to apply on December,9,2019 - and on this date I was in the UK for 2 days (Dec 9 2014 to Dec 11 2014) and then went out for a month. Question is when I submit the online form on Dec 9 2019 - would this be considered as my application date , or would the UKVCAS appointment date be considered as the application date? This is quite critical because I have just got a 2 day window to apply - else I would need to apply in Feb 2020.

3. In terms of employment supporting information, do i need to provide any letter from employers , for whom I had worker way back during 2011-2012? Or Do I just need to provide letters from my current employer - and I have been with them since May-2013 ( so almost 6.5 years)?

Grateful to anyone who can advise me on the aforementioned.

Thanks

Syed

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation - Application Date and Residency requirement

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:22 am

Syed_ali wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:10 am
1.Don’t count.

2. The date you pay and submit application online.

3.None. Just state PAYE ref number on form if still employed.
Why are you waiting till Dec 9th if ur already eligible?

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syed_ali » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 am

Thanks @aman90 - much appreciated.

I am waiting for Dec-9, 2019, because I was out on a business trip from the UK, between Nov-5,2014 to Dec-6,2014. Dec-7/8, 2019 being the weekend, - I would probably submit the form early morning on Monday.

Cheers
Syed

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:20 pm

So you were physically present from 7-11 Dec..
That’s a little longer window than 2 days ;)
Anyways just make sure you were here on the day of application submission and the next day.

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Few urgent questions regarding Naturalisation Application Form

Post by Syed_ali » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am

Hello Members,

I am applying for Naturalisation via the 5 years Tier-2 and ILR route.

I have few questions regarding the application - Grateful if you can reply soon, as I need to put my application in over the weekend.

1. In the spouse name - the question is Are they known by any other name - My wife had a different surname before marriage - so Do I need to mention that other name as well? I usually do that when the question is have they known by any previous names - but the question now is are they known by any other name.

2. Regarding the leaves outside of the UK - this is quite complicated, as I have been out of the UK for almost 390 days over the last 5 years, majorly for work. Now, the problem I have is the online application asks, Date departed and Date returned - I have got several trips, wherein I left the UK, lets say on 01-Dec-2016 to Kuwait (for work), then from Kuwait went to India (for vacation), then from there went to Algeria (for work), and came back to the UK, on 04-Mar-2017. The question is do I need to provide each trip detail separately (I did that in my ILR paper form) because that aligns with the stamps on the passport? or do I simply say out of UK (01-Dec-2016), back to UK (04-Mar-2017), and mention the main location of the visit (in this case Algeria) - but this won't align with the passport stamps?

3. Regarding the documents, I am providing the following - I know the list is exhaustive, and is dependent on the circumstances, but grateful, if you can check to see if I have missed something basic

Passport Current
Passport Old
Full Passport Scans of both passport [ All pages including blank ones]
BRP Current [ILR]
Scan of all previous BRPs [Tier-2 Extension, Tier-2, PSW]
Scan of UK student visa [ 2010 ] - Vignette in passport
Utility Bill
Council Tax statement of accounts
Last 6 months Bank Statements and ISAs
P60s from Tax year 2011-12 to Tax year 2018-19
LIUK Certificate
Salary slips from April-2019 to Nov-2019
UK Degree certificate
Mortgage agreement - to show home in the UK alongside Land registry document
Marriage certificate
Employer Letter confirming current employment status and base salary
Referee details [ Still need to submit the application and then get the referee forms signed]

4. Regarding previous addresses, Do I just need to provide all the addresses for the last 5 years only - or all addresses from the time I have been in the UK [ September-2010]?

Look forward to hearing from you soon - will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,

Syed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Few urgent questions regarding Naturalisation Application Form

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:47 am

Answering the ones I can.
3. Regarding the documents, I am providing the following - I know the list is exhaustive, and is dependent on the circumstances, but grateful, if you can check to see if I have missed something basic

Passport Current
Passport Old
Full Passport Scans of both passport [ All pages including blank ones]
BRP Current [ILR]
Scan of all previous BRPs [Tier-2 Extension, Tier-2, PSW] NOT REQUIRED
Scan of UK student visa [ 2010 ] - Vignette in passport NOT REQUIRED
Utility Bill NOT REQUIRED
Council Tax statement of accounts NOT REQUIRED
Last 6 months Bank Statements and ISAs NOT REQUIRED
P60s from Tax year 2011-12 to Tax year 2018-19 NOT REQUIRED
LIUK Certificate
Salary slips from April-2019 to Nov-2019 NOT REQUIRED
UK Degree certificate
Mortgage agreement - to show home in the UK alongside Land registry document NOT REQUIRED
Marriage certificate NOT REQUIRED if you are NOT married to a British citizen
Employer Letter confirming current employment status and base salary NOT REQUIRED
Referee details [ Still need to submit the application and then get the referee forms signed]
Why are you submitting so many totally unnecessary documents. You are not making an immigration application. Naturalisation is not the same as Tier 2 or ILR.
4. Regarding previous addresses, Do I just need to provide all the addresses for the last 5 years only - or all addresses from the time I have been in the UK [ September-2010]?
5 years, as the form clearly asks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syed_ali » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks CR001 for your kind advice.

Grateful, if you or the other moderators, can advise on the remaining queries.

Regarding the documents, I am submitting the Salary Slips, P60s as part of proving that I have paid tax properly whilst in the UK. Bank statements, council tax is address proof in the UK. Mortgage documentation to show that I have made the UK as my primary home. Employer letter to ascertain current employment status.

Is there an issue if I submit these supporting documentation?

Also, one more question please:

I do not have any of the Application reference numbers for my previous applications - IS this mandatory to be put in? I am rather worried about this - because all my applications were done by my employers' immigration consultant, and i dont have the forms, etc.?

Grateful, if you can shed some advice on this.

Thanks
Syed

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Syed_ali wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Thanks CR001 for your kind advice.

Grateful, if you or the other moderators, can advise on the remaining queries.

Regarding the documents, I am submitting the Salary Slips, P60s as part of proving that I have paid tax properly whilst in the UK. Bank statements, council tax is address proof in the UK. Mortgage documentation to show that I have made the UK as my primary home. Employer letter to ascertain current employment status.

Is there an issue if I submit these supporting documentation?

Yes. It’s too much n irrelevant.
If ur employed than the PAYE reference number shall suffice.

I do not have any of the Application reference numbers for my previous applications - IS this mandatory to be put in? I am rather worried about this - because all my applications were done by my employers' immigration consultant, and i dont have the forms, etc.?

First of all it’s an IF KNOWN question.
Secondly, such info is available on the approval letters.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:16 pm

Syed_ali wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:42 am

1. In the spouse name - the question is Are they known by any other name - My wife had a different surname before marriage - so Do I need to mention that other name as well? I usually do that when the question is have they known by any previous names - but the question now is are they known by any other name.

Not applicable.

2. Regarding the leaves outside of the UK - this is quite complicated, as I have been out of the UK for almost 390 days over the last 5 years, majorly for work. Now, the problem I have is the online application asks, Date departed and Date returned - I have got several trips, wherein I left the UK, lets say on 01-Dec-2016 to Kuwait (for work), then from Kuwait went to India (for vacation), then from there went to Algeria (for work), and came back to the UK, on 04-Mar-2017. The question is do I need to provide each trip detail separately (I did that in my ILR paper form) because that aligns with the stamps on the passport? or do I simply say out of UK (01-Dec-2016), back to UK (04-Mar-2017), and mention the main location of the visit (in this case Algeria) - but this won't align with the passport stamps?

Doesn’t need to align with passport stamps. Only interest is to gauge the number of days absent not where you visited as such.

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syed_ali » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Thanks aman90 for your kind advice.

Clarifying your response on the Spouse name question:

Not Applicable means - that I do not need to put their OLD name in the form, is that correct?

Furthermore, regarding the application reference numbers - I will try to see if I can find the approval letters.

Thanks
Syed

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:46 pm

Syed_ali wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:24 pm
Thanks aman90 for your kind advice.

Clarifying your response on the Spouse name question:

Not Applicable means - that I do not need to put their OLD name in the form, is that correct?

Furthermore, regarding the application reference numbers - I will try to see if I can find the approval letters.

Thanks
Syed
1. Yes..
2. Don’t bother. It’s not important.

Syed_ali
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Syed_ali » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi @aman90 and @cr001 and other moderators

Another question please:

Regarding the application reference number for old visa applications - i have managed to get some of the approval letters from old email

There is a payment reference number or referred as our Ref in the letter that starts with Alphabets and then there is a Case ID number , just letters, which number do I need to use?

Please advise.

Thanks
Syed

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:09 pm

‘Our reference’ or ‘case ID’ either/or shall suffice.
Its really not necessary to state the reference numbers but since ur insisting..