ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT help required

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Is housing report needed for spouse visa?

Post by confusedcitizen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:24 am

I'm sure many people are wondering if a housing inspection report is needed as a requirement for the UK spouse visa

Does anyone know what the official answer is on this? I cant find anything about it on Appendix FM-SE

If it is needed does anyone know how i can get one?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is housing report needed for spouse visa?

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 am

It is only needed if you live in a shared property with other non-related adults, i.e. a houseshare or HMO.

If you own your own home and live there exclusively, it is not required.

See link below on HO's guide to overcrowding etc.

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:27 am
It is only needed if you live in a shared property with other non-related adults, i.e. a houseshare or HMO.

If you own your own home and live there exclusively, it is not required.

See link below on HO's guide to overcrowding etc.

immigration-for-family-members/guidance ... t6227.html
Thanks for your response, Ive looked at the link you posted as well as Immigration Rules appendix FM and IDI Adequate Maintenance and Accommodation part 8 Annex F.

However, i cant point to where it exclusively says its ONLY needed if its a houseshare or HMO

perhaps im just being dense but can you show me exactly where it says that?

thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Guidances arent written in exact words as someone is wanting to be. Read the guidance along with the definition of overcrowding because ECO need to be convinced that there is no overcrowding and at the moment the property inspection report from independent surveyor is the only way.
9. MAA9 Assessing adequate accommodation
The ECO should be satisfied that the accommodation complies with the following requirements:

it is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple (see definition in section below); and
it is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985 (see MAA134).
Depending on the circumstances of the case, there may be other relevant factors; for example, the ECO should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting (see below).
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-maa--2
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Company Accounts for Spouse Visa

Post by confusedcitizen » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:15 pm

My wife's applying for a spouse settlement visa to come to UK

As her sponsor and working for a limited company i have to provide a lot of extra documents including accounts.

In Appendix FM-SE (b) (iv) it says "if the company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year...."

The accounts for 2018-2019 haven't been completed yet, does anyone know if the previous years company accounts 2017-2018 will suffice?

Thanks in advance guys

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Company Accounts for Spouse Visa

Post by Archer1 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:15 pm
My wife's applying for a spouse settlement visa to come to UK

As her sponsor and working for a limited company i have to provide a lot of extra documents including accounts.

In Appendix FM-SE (b) (iv) it says "if the company is not required to produce annual audited accounts, unaudited accounts for the last full financial year...."

The accounts for 2018-2019 haven't been completed yet, does anyone know if the previous years company accounts 2017-2018 will suffice?

Thanks in advance guys
If accounts are filled yearly, then current year will be filled in 2020 year.
__A

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Post by matt_murdoch » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:57 am

Hi,

If your company tax year is still 2018-19 at the time of applying then you can submit 2017-18 as you need to provide the information for the last full financial year.

When does your company year run till?

This means the Corporation Tax (CT600), record of filing to HMRC, accounts, payslips, dividend vouchers, and bank statements (business and personal showing money going in) for the last full financial year.

Along with this, include all the information above (except tax and accounts) for time from 2017-18 till now.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm

matt_murdoch wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:57 am
Hi,

If your company tax year is still 2018-19 at the time of applying then you can submit 2017-18 as you need to provide the information for the last full financial year.

This means the Corporation Tax (CT600), record of filing to HMRC, accounts, payslips, dividend vouchers, and bank statements (business and personal showing money going in) for the last full financial year.

Along with this, include all the information above (except tax and accounts) for time from 2017-18 till now.
Right, our company tax year is April - March every year.

Even though the tax year period from April 2018 - March 2019 has finished, the paperwork is going to take ages to gather.

So does that mean we can supply the April 2017 - March 2018 one which is already gathered together?

Archer1
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Archer1 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:12 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm
matt_murdoch wrote:
Hi,

Even though the tax year period from April 2018 - March 2019 has finished, the paperwork is going to take ages to gather.

So does that mean we can supply the April 2017 - March 2018 one which is already gathered together?
yes, you should have April 2018 to April 2019 ready means you are up to date and 2019 will get filed in 2020. Experts can shed some light on it.
__A

matt_murdoch
Newly Registered

Post by matt_murdoch » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:07 am

confusedcitizen wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:01 pm
matt_murdoch wrote:
Hi,

As your 18/19 dates have passed, that is your last full financial year , so that is what they are asking for.

You'll be taking a huge risk not showing the 18/19 one. It would be better to make sure all accounts are in order before applying, it'll be worth the wait.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

6 month wage slips query

Post by confusedcitizen » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm my wifes sponsor for her to come to UK from US on a spouse visa.

Obviously i have to supply my last 6 months wage slips when we apply however i want to travel to see her in the meantime but wouldnt get paid for that holiday as i've used up all my holiday days already.

Would this cause a problem with the application even if it was explained i was away and thats why i wasnt paid?

thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: 6 month wage slips query

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:31 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:29 pm
I'm my wifes sponsor for her to come to UK from US on a spouse visa.

Obviously i have to supply my last 6 months wage slips when we apply however i want to travel to see her in the meantime but wouldnt get paid for that holiday as i've used up all my holiday days already.

Would this cause a problem with the application even if it was explained i was away and thats why i wasnt paid?

thank you
If you wont be paid for those holidays then yes it will affect. Best way is to gather all 6 months of payslips with sufficient income and then apply and afterwards you can travel.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Changes

Post by confusedcitizen » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:07 pm

About to reapply for a spouse visa, (priority, but not with VFSGloabl as we've heard bad things about them) things have changed slightly since we last did it.

Two Questions:

1) We've paid the IHS charge but not the application fee yet. If we pay that now will we be given a time limit to self upload/post documents? or does the time limit only happen after booking the biometrics?

2) I understand there is an option for the sponsor to manually submit evidence from the UK rather than post from the USA? Does this also have to be done a certain number of days after booking biometrics?

thanks

Casa

Re: Spouse Visa Changes

Post by Casa » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:07 pm
About to reapply for a spouse visa, (priority, but not with VFSGloabl as we've heard bad things about them) things have changed slightly since we last did it.

Two Questions:

1) We've paid the IHS charge but not the application fee yet. If we pay that now will we be given a time limit to self upload/post documents? or does the time limit only happen after booking the biometrics?

2) I understand there is an option for the sponsor to manually submit evidence from the UK rather than post from the USA? Does this also have to be done a certain number of days after booking biometrics?

thanks
If you don't intend to submit your priority application through VFS, where are you planning to submit it? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

3 Appendix FM-SE Queries

Post by confusedcitizen » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm

Because i work for a LTD company i have to provide a lot of extra evidence as the sponsor of my wifes spouse visa.

Questions regarding the Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE:

1) Do i need my managers P60 and dividend voucher? or is that only for me?

2) I have the business bank statements as well as mine but do i need the managers personal bank statement showing his wages going in? (because that seems daft)

3) The LTD business is currently being taken over by a new manager, i have a letter stating my jobs safe, will i need to include anything extra?

Thanks as always

geoeng
Canada

Re: 3 Appendix FM-SE Queries

Post by geoeng » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm
Because i work for a LTD company i have to provide a lot of extra evidence as the sponsor of my wifes spouse visa.

Questions regarding the Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE:

1) Do i need my managers P60 and dividend voucher? or is that only for me?

2) I have the business bank statements as well as mine but do i need the managers personal bank statement showing his wages going in? (because that seems daft)

3) The LTD business is currently being taken over by a new manager, i have a letter stating my jobs safe, will i need to include anything extra?

Thanks as always
Can you be more specific about your situation is and which of the requirements you are trying to meet with those documents? It sounds like you may be try to collect the documents required for employees of a specified limited company as per paragraph 9.(a) of Appendix FM-SE, which would typically be for companies you are a director of or are owned by family members, but the rest of your post suggests that may not be the case.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm

I'm trying to get my wife here from the USA.

I'm an employee of a LTD company and my dad was the director up until the 1st Jan 2020 when the business was taken over by a new manager. I dont have any shares or dividends.

We applied months ago but were rejected as i didnt realise i had to include all the company accounts and tax returns etc if i worked for a LTD company. I thought that was only if i was the director.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:25 am

confusedcitizen wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm
I'm an employee of a LTD company and my dad was the director up until the 1st Jan 2020 when the business was taken over by a new manager. I dont have any shares or dividends.

We applied months ago but were rejected as i didnt realise i had to include all the company accounts and tax returns etc if i worked for a LTD company. I thought that was only if i was the director.
Thanks, that makes sense. You do not need to provide any bank statements, P60 or dividend vouchers for your manager, only for yourself (as applicable). The letter is probably sufficient to address the change in ownership, but note that you do have to provide " evidence of ongoing employment as a director or other employee of the company or of ongoing dividend income from the company" (e.g. payslips and bank statements for salaried employment).
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 pm

geoeng wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:25 am
confusedcitizen wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Thanks, that makes sense. You do not need to provide any bank statements, P60 or dividend vouchers for your manager, only for yourself (as applicable). The letter is probably sufficient to address the change in ownership, but note that you do have to provide " evidence of ongoing employment as a director or other employee of the company or of ongoing dividend income from the company" (e.g. payslips and bank statements for salaried employment).
Ok thank you for your insight! 3 more things you might be able to help with...

1) Would i have to provide a credit card statement as well? or would my regular statement showing my wages going in be sufficient?

2) Do i need a copy of my new employment contract because i still dont have that... i do however have a letter from my old boss and new boss stating that my job is safe and permanent.

3) i have a current appointment report already showing my old boss on there, will i have to get another one now showing my new boss on there?

Thanks again!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 am

confusedcitizen wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:14 pm
1) Would i have to provide a credit card statement as well? or would my regular statement showing my wages going in be sufficient?

2) Do i need a copy of my new employment contract because i still dont have that... i do however have a letter from my old boss and new boss stating that my job is safe and permanent.

3) i have a current appointment report already showing my old boss on there, will i have to get another one now showing my new boss on there?

Thanks again!
1. No, the credit card statement isn't necessary. Just the bank statements for your personal account showing the wages going in is all the is required.

2. Employment contracts are not a required piece of evidence under Appendix FM-SE (paragraph 2A). The officer reviewing the application may request it if they feel they need additional documentation, but it is not necessary to include include with the application submission.

3. I'm not sure how "current" yours is if it shows an old boss. The specified evidence listed in paragraph 9 of Appendix FM-SE is a current appointment report from Companies House, my guess would be "current" is the same as what is available from Companies House at the application date.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 pm

geoeng wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 am
confusedcitizen wrote:

Thanks again!
1. No, the credit card statement isn't necessary. Just the bank statements for your personal account showing the wages going in is all the is required.

2. Employment contracts are not a required piece of evidence under Appendix FM-SE (paragraph 2A). The officer reviewing the application may request it if they feel they need additional documentation, but it is not necessary to include include with the application submission.

3. I'm not sure how "current" yours is if it shows an old boss. The specified evidence listed in paragraph 9 of Appendix FM-SE is a current appointment report from Companies House, my guess would be "current" is the same as what is available from Companies House at the application date.
Gotcha! thanks for that. Much appreciated! Few more things as you've been so knowledgeable:

1) Once we've completed and paid for the online application at gov.uk will it then give us the option to upload online?

2) If were uploading online is there a deadline to get everything on there?

3) Would my wife still have to send her passport to the UKVI? If so is there a deadline after the biometrics?

thanks!

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:21 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:10 pm
1) Once we've completed and paid for the online application at gov.uk will it then give us the option to upload online?

3) Would my wife still have to send her passport to the UKVI? If so is there a deadline after the biometrics?

thanks!
1. Unfortunately I'm not sure as I've never done a spouse visa application outside the UK and the one application I did do outside the UK required in-person submission of documents, but I believe the answer to that is yes.

2. You will generally want to have any documents uploaded prior to the biometrics appointment and any other deadlines with regards to document uploading should be stated on the page once you get to that point.

3. Yes, it is submitted at the biometrics appointment. In most countries a service that allows the passport to be kept while the application is being processed is available for an additional fee; however, the passport would still have to be submitted once the application is processed.

confusedcitizen
Newly Registered

Post by confusedcitizen » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:21 pm
confusedcitizen wrote:

thanks!
1. Unfortunately I'm not sure as I've never done a spouse visa application outside the UK and the one application I did do outside the UK required in-person submission of documents, but I believe the answer to that is yes.

2. You will generally want to have any documents uploaded prior to the biometrics appointment and any other deadlines with regards to document uploading should be stated on the page once you get to that point.

3. Yes, it is submitted at the biometrics appointment. In most countries a service that allows the passport to be kept while the application is being processed is available for an additional fee; however, the passport would still have to be submitted once the application is processed.
Okay, so she'd have to mail the passport on its own to the UKVI, and they should already know we've submitted the rest online?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:33 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:25 pm
Okay, so she'd have to mail the passport on its own to the UKVI, and they should already know we've submitted the rest online?
It is usually physically handed over at the biometric appointment.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:38 pm

confusedcitizen wrote:
geoeng wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:22 am
confusedcitizen wrote:

Thanks again!

Gotcha! thanks for that. Much appreciated! Few more things as you've been so knowledgeable:

thanks!
1. Yes but you need to opt for self scanning.
2. Ensure you have uploaded all documents 24 hours before biometrics.
3. Applicant will submit their passport at the VAC.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.