ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ceremony 2020

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Ceremony 2020

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm

Hi all.

I am in final stage. I assume it’s unlikely I make it to the next ceremony in December.

Just curious anyone know if there has ever been a ceremony earlier than April in previous years.

Thanks in solidarity.

thpc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Ceremony 2020

Post by thpc » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:45 pm

SouthAfricanNomad wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm
Hi all.

I am in final stage. I assume it’s unlikely I make it to the next ceremony in December.

Just curious anyone know if there has ever been a ceremony earlier than April in previous years.

Thanks in solidarity.
looks like there were ceremonies in april in the past

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/citizenship-ceremonies

not sure how likely does final stage applications receieve invite for april ceremony if there is one

Omad24
Afghanistan

Post by Omad24 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:55 pm

I doubt there will be an earlier ceremony. The first one is usually April or May

South African spouse
South Africa

Post by South African spouse » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:56 pm

I was advised by Inis over the phone on tuesday that there will be a few ceremonies early next year which is slightly different to every other year!
I applied in Feb 2019 and 2nd stage since June.
My application is being prepared for the minister so I'm hoping for the next ceremony

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:16 pm

South African spouse wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:56 pm
I was advised by Inis over the phone on tuesday that there will be a few ceremonies early next year which is slightly different to every other year!
Interesting.. they must be trying to clear the backlog! The 19,000+ waiting was highlighted in the news and it isn’t good publicity at all.

I applied in June 2019, got my ref number and receipt in Oct 2019 and am still waiting for them to go through the initial stage to see if I ‘’meet the statutory conditions required for naturalisation’’. Emailed them about it and its clear they haven’t touched my file yet ‘’due to court ruling which caused huge delays’’.

Whilst I’d like to get this over and done with ASAP, I know people have been waiting from the time Moses went up the mountains and I know this is beyond my control and have to learn to be patient. :( Talk about lessons and virtues, aye?!

Alas, yes. SEVERAL ceremonies early next year.. guessing there will be at least two and maybe three including the April/June one. Often happens just before elections too.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Bealtaine wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:16 pm
South African spouse wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:56 pm
Alas, yes. SEVERAL ceremonies early next year.. guessing there will be at least two and maybe three including the April/June one. Often happens just before elections too.
What elections? I expect a big ceremonies late Feb/early
March and another big one April/May at least but may be even more ceremonies.

SouthAfricanNomad
Mood:
South Africa

Post by SouthAfricanNomad » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:20 pm

I wonder when they will release the dates for 2020. Hopefully there will be a few really early ceremonies.

alhakeem
Ireland

Post by alhakeem » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:20 pm

It is unlikely to announce a date this year and they are busy till 9th Dec 19 whenever there is a ceremony ahead no body will say they are not working, and after 9th I dont feel they will announce one as well because when they set a date they will suffer from continuous contact from applicants causing pressure on them as everyone wants to be included, so forget and relax till the new year.

Hussein Kubadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Hussein Kubadi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi everyone. I am wondering If there any have the same Situation as me. I got Second Stage Letter June 2019. I thought I would have Approval Letter this year, but now early this week I received another Letter from team 2. They said We send your file to Department of justice for decision. Is there anyone have the same Situation like me?????

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Hussein Kubadi wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:29 pm
Hi everyone. I am wondering If there any have the same Situation as me. I got Second Stage Letter June 2019. I thought I would have Approval Letter this year, but now early this week I received another Letter from team 2. They said We send your file to Department of justice for decision. Is there anyone have the same Situation like me?????
Did you get it via post or email? Please post the whole text of the letter.

Spire01
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Spire01 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Hussein Kubadi wrote:
Hi Hussein, Is that something to worry about ??
It means your application will be submitted to Minister for a decision soon and you are likely to receive a response after this December Ceremony, may be early next year.
When did you apply?

Hope2020
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Hope2020 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm

I read the article below in Irish times. I think that means the next ceremony will be early next year.

"More than 2,000 people are due to be sworn in as Irish citizens in Killarney, Co Kerry next Monday and thousands more are expected to receive citizenship in the first two months of next year following a delay in holding the events."

Bealtaine
Ireland

Post by Bealtaine » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Hope2020 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:22 pm
I read the article below in Irish times. I think that means the next ceremony will be early next year.

"More than 2,000 people are due to be sworn in as Irish citizens in Killarney, Co Kerry next Monday and thousands more are expected to receive citizenship in the first two months of next year following a delay in holding the events."
Yes read too. A lovely older lady I spoke to on the helpline yesterday mentioned the backlog they’re clearing and said there’s going to be a ceremony March 2020.

Hussein Kubadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Hussein Kubadi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 am

Hi everyone this was the Latter I received By Minister of Justice......

Dear xxxxx

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for Naturalization.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office and any document enclosed. It is recognized that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a division on their application without delay. Your application for naturalization continues to be processed. If further documentation and/or If no further additional information is required for your files, when all necessary information has been compiled your application will be Submitted to the Minister for a decision as expeditiously as possible. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

xxxxx
Processing Team 2
2 December 2019

Hussein Kubadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Hussein Kubadi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am

I apply for Citizenship 11 September 2018. It’s been fifteen months now.

Hussein Kubadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Hussein Kubadi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:08 pm

mrrobot wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
I got by post.

Hussein Kubadi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Afghanistan

Post by Hussein Kubadi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Hussein Kubadi wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:08 pm
mrrobot wrote:
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
I got by post.
This was the Latter I got. I just copied the exact from the Latter.
Dear xxxxx

I am directed by the Minister for Justice and Equality to refer to your application for Naturalization.

I acknowledge your correspondence received in this Office and any document enclosed. It is recognized that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a division on their application without delay. Your application for naturalization continues to be processed. If further documentation and/or If no further additional information is required for your files, when all necessary information has been compiled your application will be Submitted to the Minister for a decision as expeditiously as possible. While it is not possible to give an exact timeframe, this office will be in touch as soon as a decision has been reached.

xxxx
Processing Team 2
2 December 2019

mrrobot
Mood:
Ireland

Post by mrrobot » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:38 pm

Hussein Kubadi wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:11 pm
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
mrrobot wrote:
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
I got by post.
Dear xxxxx

xxxx
Processing Team 2
2 December 2019
It’s a normal letter stating that your application is being processed. Nothing strange.

Emu1990
Ireland

Post by Emu1990 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:05 pm

Hussein Kubadi wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:11 pm
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
mrrobot wrote:
Hussein Kubadi wrote:
I got by post.
Dear xxxxx

xxxx
Processing Team 2
2 December 2019

It's a usual reply .I got the same reply in the email ...i

Pakistan

Post by 5121472 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:59 pm

If it is recognized that all applicants would want to have decision on their application without delay, why on earth do they delay? Just to annoy people?
What a joke to be quite honest.
Your application continues to be processed.. blah blah blah
These are all copied and pasted replies.
Ridiculous!

Hope2020
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by Hope2020 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 am

Hi all,
I think this thread should only cover any information related to ceremony 2020 not other questions, isn't?