ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amending details in application submitted online

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nevill
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Amending details in application submitted online

Post by nevill » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:09 pm

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and need help amend referee details in my application form.
Apparently one of the referee details regarding 'referee profession' are not correct and when I tried to check on UKVI website there is no information regarding amendments of the application. So how can we amend application details if required?

I thought of cancelling application and re-applying but as per https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa link, if we are applying from inside uk then 'fee will not be refunded upon cancellation'. It seems this is not an option either but an someone clarify that as well please ?

Application is submitted online but we haven't uploaded documents and biometric appointment is after two weeks.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Amending details in application submitted online

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Write a covering letter or redo the form and scan it and upload before biometrics.

What exactly is the error??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nevill
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by nevill » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:35 am

Now after going through this forum I have realized that I have made couple of mistakes as:

1. Mistake regarding the referee profession:- In the online application form there is a question about profession of referee (Exact question under referee section is :What is their profession?) I wrote 'Accountant' mistakenly where my referee is ' Director of VAT registered company' 

2. For the questions 'Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? ' I answered NO where as it should be yes.  And for this do I need to give details of all the application I did?
For example  my tier 2 visa application, tier 2 extension application, tourist visa for Europe, business visa for Europe, ILR application.

3. I am also doing MN1 application for my kid. He is 2 years old, so I thought of using same referees for him, Is this ok?
( As I found now that for child application there is different list of professionals referee.He don't go to nursery yet, GP and health visitors were refused. )
Do I need to amend his professional referee ? Or can I keep same as mine?

I think I have to redo the form and upload it as per suggested by CR001, as I cant mentioned all these mistakes in just cover letter, which will still do.

When you say redo the application shall I fill out new dummy application and then print ? As per my understanding I can not download application until submitted so how are you suggesting exactly?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm

nevill wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:35 am
Now after going through this forum I have realized that I have made couple of mistakes as:

1. Mistake regarding the referee profession:- In the online application form there is a question about profession of referee (Exact question under referee section is :What is their profession?) I wrote 'Accountant' mistakenly where my referee is ' Director of VAT registered company' 

2. For the questions 'Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? ' I answered NO where as it should be yes.  And for this do I need to give details of all the application I did?
For example  my tier 2 visa application, tier 2 extension application, tourist visa for Europe, business visa for Europe, ILR application.

3. I am also doing MN1 application for my kid. He is 2 years old, so I thought of using same referees for him, Is this ok?
( As I found now that for child application there is different list of professionals referee.He don't go to nursery yet, GP and health visitors were refused. )
Do I need to amend his professional referee ? Or can I keep same as mine?

I think I have to redo the form and upload it as per suggested by CR001, as I cant mentioned all these mistakes in just cover letter, which will still do.

When you say redo the application shall I fill out new dummy application and then print ? As per my understanding I can not download application until submitted so how are you suggesting exactly?
Simply print the submitted form, manually edit the errors and upload the relevant pages online and clarify in the cover letter. These errors can be rectified easily.

Also, you dont have to list your tourist visas to Europe. Its asking about UK immigration applications only.

For children, you need one of the referee who knows the child in professional capacity. Many struggle getting a reference from GP, health visitor, teacher etc. HO is not strict when it comes to young children. However, explain that in the cover letter that you tried and were refused by health visitor, teacher etc. If HO does not accept your reasons, then will write to you.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.