ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update on my application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geoeng
Canada

Re: Understanding Visa Expiry Date

Post by geoeng » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:31 pm

seradane wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:15 pm
From a bit more research it appears they may not use that wording any more so you may well be fine - but I'd still be cautious. :)
The eligibility requirements for entry clearance as the partner of a British citizen require the applicant's partner to be a British citizen in the UK or who is coming to the UK with the applicant. So you may get away with it if the officer doesn't ask many questions, but it would not necessarily be following the rules depending on one's interpretation of "with".
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:19 pm

seradane wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:55 pm

I was sternly warned that I was not allowed to work on this visit.
Does that mean your clock for ILR did not start on that trip?
Did you have to enter again the next time with the sponsor?

seradane
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by seradane » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:23 am

waleed205 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:19 pm
Does that mean your clock for ILR did not start on that trip?
Did you have to enter again the next time with the sponsor?
While I am not 1000% sure that the Home Office will see it that way, for now I am assuming that yes, my clock did start then, as I have the entry stamp on my vignette on that date. (I am only applying for my first renewal now so not yet at that stage... we'll see)

In my case I then left after a week and returned 4-ish months later along with my partner, but once you have your BRP you don't necessarily have to travel with them - it's just that initial entry.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Update on my application

Post by waleed205 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:19 pm

I searched for my threads to add to but couldn’t locate them (new device), apologies

Spouse visa, normal processing no priority, cash route, about 10 weeks since biometric. I paid extra to keep passport

Today I received an email from vfs that a decision is about to be made and I need to submit my passport and I must do it within 4 weeks.

Question: does it means it is approved? I.e. would they still ask for passport if denied?

I travelled 3 times after my application submitted, do I need to inform UKVI?

I did not receive a decision letter by email as some people do, also I didn’t receive any phone calls from them for clarifications.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Update on my application

Post by TODMATT » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Have you opt for “keep my passport”? If that is the case it is likely they will grant you the visa and from experience of people have come across whose passport has been requested have been granted visa but you won’t know the outcome until you receive your passport.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:17 pm

TODMATT wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm
Have you opt for “keep my passport”?.
Yes I paid extra $75 to keep my passport as I needed to travel.

I didn’t inform them of my travels after the application submitted, I hope it is okay. They will find out after I submit my passport.

I just hope I get granted the visa.

Question: will the vignette be valid from the day they stick it to passport? I want to move around Christmas/new year holiday, so I’m thinking to hold the passport submital for a week or so. In my application I put the planned date for travel as 1-October which is already passed.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:58 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:17 pm
TODMATT wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:27 pm
Have you opt for “keep my passport”?.
Yes I paid extra $75 to keep my passport as I needed to travel.

I didn’t inform them of my travels after the application submitted, I hope it is okay. They will find out after I submit my passport.

I just hope I get granted the visa.

Question: will the vignette be valid from the day they stick it to passport? I want to move around Christmas/new year holiday, so I’m thinking to hold the passport submital for a week or so. In my application I put the planned date for travel as 1-October which is already passed.
D initial date you planned is already passed. You can hope if vignette not printed already ( not sure if this is done pre-submission of passport) delaying by 1 week gets you what you want or that if you request new date when submitting passport your request is acceded to.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Dear all,
Thanks all for your great support. I picked up my passport today, GRANTED.

few questions:
The name is written as
FAMILY FIRST MIDDLE (no commas in between)
Is it ok? I’m used to
Last name then comma, then first middle.

The vignette is one month from last week. Then visa is granted until August 15, 2022 (on the decision letter). When should I apply for extension? July 17 onwards?
Will the same dates be printed on the card?

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:26 pm

Also, the visa is granted as
D-PARTNER (STANDARD) then spouse full name.

Not sure What standard is.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:13 pm

Once I collect the BRP, do I need to inform ukvi of any address changes?

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 am

Any help on my questions?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:32 pm

waleed205 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 am
Any help on my questions?
There is no statutory requirement for that except if for your own satisfaction or pertinent reason you consider it necessary to do so.

waleed205
Mood:
Australia

Post by waleed205 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:20 pm

Quick update
I landed in London Gatwick esterday. Not much questions, IO just making sure I understand the next step, ie go to post office collect brp.

I asked if I could have used the epassport kiosk before entering or If I can use in the future. His answer was “should not, but may people do”.

He said that these machine grant 6 month “visitor” status by default which contradicts the spouse visa conditions. He suggested to see an officer each time, but up to me.

Planning to collect card tomorrow, willlet you know how it goes.