ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Entering UK after Studies are Completed

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re-Entering UK after Studies are Completed

Post by CapeStorm » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 am

Hi all,

I'm currently on a Tier 4 (General) visa and want to go visit my family in South Africa. I have already completed my studies at Masters level, awaiting final grades. I received a job offer and the company is in the process of obtaining na unrestricted CoS. My question is will the CoS be sufficient evidence to re enter when I return from South Africa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Re-Entering UK after Studies are Completed

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:21 am

When does your tier 4 visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by CapeStorm » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:29 am

24th of January 2020.

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by CapeStorm » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:55 am

The company wants to pay for the priority service for the actual visa application. We should receive the CoS in this week and the visa application will be submitted next week at the latest. We are aiming to fly out on the 22nd of Nov and return on the 7th of Dec. I know my Tier 4 (General) visa will still be valid. However, on all the guidance notes it states that one should not leave the UK before the switch to Tier 2 (General) is completed as the border force officer may deny entry unless you have sufficient evidence to show that one would not overstay or break any immigration rules. Will the CoS be sufficient evidence?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:45 am

CapeStorm wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:19 am
My question is will the CoS be sufficient evidence to re enter when I return from South Africa?
See the Tier 4 policy guidance, paragraphs 273 and 274:

273. Once your sponsor has confirmed that your studies are complete, and you are therefore in your post-study period, you may do the following:
• Enter and leave the UK
• Apply to remain in the UK under an appropriate alternative route (e.g. Tier 1 and Tier 2).

274. Please be aware that if you do travel during your post-study period, Border Force officials will need to be satisfied when you are entering the UK that you will either complete the activity you intend to carry out and leave the UK before your visa expires, or that you will submit an in-time application to extend your leave in the UK. You should carry any documentation relevant with you when you travel to show to the Border Force officer if required.

The guidance for border force officers at https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... sed-system does not say what specific evidence they are looking for of making a Tier 2 application, but it would be wise to at least have a print out of the CoS. It's up to you what else you want to carry anything else. Maybe evidence that you will meet the 90-day maintenance requirement for Tier 2 on or before the date your Tier 4 leave expires would be useful, if you have it, although it seems unlikely to be asked for.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

CapeStorm
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by CapeStorm » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi,

Some feedback. We re-entered the UK without any problems. The border officer didn't even wanted to see my CoS. He said my current visa is still valid and that is more than enough evidence, this might differ from border officer to border officer. This particular border officer only wanted to know where and what I studied.