ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time limit to move to the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

The Life of Dee
Australia

Time limit to move to the UK

Post by The Life of Dee » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:41 am

I was just wondering, once a person gets their citizinship certificate and passport, do they have to move to the UK in a certain time frame? My father was born in the UK and he moved to Australia when he was 2. He hasn’t been back for 50 years and he hasn’t been questioned on it. I however have not lived inthe UK so was wondering will they question me or does it not matter when you move? My partner/I are currently in a 2 year lease which ends in 2021. I recently applied for citizinship.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Time limit to move to the UK

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 am

There's no rule as to when or if you enter the UK as a British citizen.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Time limit to move to the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:52 am

@ The Life of Dee - The moderators would really appreciate it if you could familiarise yourself with the forum rules, specifically the one relating to Multiple Topics, link below, and keep ALL your questions in ONE thread and kindly refrain from starting a new topic with each question you have!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.