ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

Biometric appointment

Post by mps75 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:53 pm

Hello:
I am in the process of appling for my British Citizenship. I am a European Union citizen and married to a British Citizen. I have been in the UK for the last 12 year but I haven't been working for the last 5 years.

I have some questions regarding the application process:

Q1---Proof of living in the UK. Which documents should I send as they don't accept bank statements and I don't have P60 for the last 5 years? They request government documents but I don't have any......Any idea of what sort of documents can I submit?
My application will be under 5-years requirement (I am European Citizen) or 3 years (I am married to a British)

Q2---If I send the online application now. How long do I have to do the biometric and scan the documents after receiving the confirmation email? Just 15 days? I will need some more time to get the documents to proof I was living in the UK

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

DISCLOSE FIX PENALTY NOTICE'S FOR TAKING CHILDREN OUT OF SCHOOL ON HOLIDAY

Post by mps75 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:56 pm

HELLO:

I am in the process of applying for British Citizenship. Last yeas we went on holiday during school time. I had three Fixed Penalty notice for taking my children out of school during school term. I have three children that's why I have 3 FPN.

Do I have to disclose it?

THanks

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

How long after submitting the application to do the Biometrics

Post by mps75 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am

Hello:
I have a question regarding how long do I have to book the biometric appointment after sending the British Citizenship online application?
Only15? Does it depend on availability?

Anyone can help me to understand the process and timings once you send the online application and pay?

My application is ready to be sent online but I still need some time to have all the documents to prove I have lived in the UK for the past 3/5 years. I requested a letter from GP and it would be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

Should I send the application now and book the biometrics for as late as I can? or should I wait to have the letter?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Biometric appointment

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:39 am

mps75 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:53 pm
Hello:
I am in the process of appling for my British Citizenship. I am a European Union citizen and married to a British Citizen. I have been in the UK for the last 12 year but I haven't been working for the last 5 years.

I have some questions regarding the application process:

Q1---Proof of living in the UK. Which documents should I send as they don't accept bank statements and I don't have P60 for the last 5 years? They request government documents but I don't have any......Any idea of what sort of documents can I submit?
My application will be under 5-years requirement (I am European Citizen) or 3 years (I am married to a British)
Is your council tax bill in joint names? That would be fine one for each year. Alternatively, anything to do with child benefit, pensions, etc?

Q2---If I send the online application now. How long do I have to do the biometric and scan the documents after receiving the confirmation email? Just 15 days? I will need some more time to get the documents to proof I was living in the UK
You should only ubpload all documents once you have them, then submit and pay, then the system will prompt you to book an appointment. The sooner the better.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: DISCLOSE FIX PENALTY NOTICE'S FOR TAKING CHILDREN OUT OF SCHOOL ON HOLIDAY

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:44 am

mps75 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:56 pm
HELLO:

I am in the process of applying for British Citizenship. Last yeas we went on holiday during school time. I had three Fixed Penalty notice for taking my children out of school during school term. I have three children that's why I have 3 FPN.

Do I have to disclose it?

THanks
This is an administrative matter as I understand it so not necessary to disclose. Or were you taken to court?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: How long after submitting the application to do the Biometrics

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:48 am

mps75 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am
Hello:
I have a question regarding how long do I have to book the biometric appointment after sending the British Citizenship online application?
Only15? Does it depend on availability? You can book the appointment after submission and payment,on the system - timings depend on availability.

Anyone can help me to understand the process and timings once you send the online application and pay? Attend your appointment for biometrics, then up to six months wait for processing and approval - may take much less.

My application is ready to be sent online but I still need some time to have all the documents to prove I have lived in the UK for the past 3/5 years. I requested a letter from GP and it would be ready in 2 or 3 weeks.

Should I send the application now and book the biometrics for as late as I can? or should I wait to have the letter? Personally I would have everything complete before booking an appointment.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by mps75 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:00 pm

20 years ago I had a Visa to study in the USA. Do I need to include it?

What about Visa to travel to China?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:18 pm

Topics merged again!!

Can you do us a favour and read the forum rule on Multiple Topics!!

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:22 pm

mps75 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:00 pm
20 years ago I had a Visa to study in the USA. Do I need to include it?

What about Visa to travel to China?
If you read the question again, it clearly states PREVIOUS UK IMMIGRATION and NOT other countries visa or immigration applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by mps75 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 pm

The question says UK or abroad. That's why I have the doubt.

Regarding the fact that the topics are merged, it is the system doing it. I created a new topic.
For a few minutes it appeared as a different topic after 15 minutes it was automatically merged with my other question.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:53 pm

The answer is in the question ....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:02 pm

mps75 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:45 pm
Regarding the fact that the topics are merged, it is the system doing it. I created a new topic.
For a few minutes it appeared as a different topic after 15 minutes it was automatically merged with my other question.
I have manually merged your topics myself, in line with the forum rules link posted. It is not an automatic process!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mps75
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by mps75 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:04 pm

I don't know if a Student Visa is an immigration application abroad. All this is new to me....
I would say it is not an immigration application because it was temporal visa but not sure

I would appreciate if someone could clarify. I would like to do it right

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:26 pm

mps75 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:04 pm
I don't know if a Student Visa is an immigration application abroad. All this is new to me....
I would say it is not an immigration application because it was temporal visa but not sure

I would appreciate if someone could clarify. I would like to do it right
As Alterhase said.. the answer is in the question.

You are not reading the question clearly. But let’s forget that for now.

The HO is only interested knowing if you ever made immigration applications not tourist visa application to live in the UK.

They are interested in knowing of how many entry clearance applications were made to live in the UK while you were physically living somewhere else in the world

They are interested in knowing if you made any sort of settlement, leave to remain whilst in the UK to continue living and working iin the UK.

They are not interested in ur applying for immigration to any third country or visiting.