ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2General:In UK-ChangeOfEmp-Can I accept another offer after new employer visa processed(BRP received) but not joined

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ram Tungala
Newly Registered
India

Tier2General:In UK-ChangeOfEmp-Can I accept another offer after new employer visa processed(BRP received) but not joined

Post by Ram Tungala » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi All,

I am tier 2 general visa holder. I resigned my current job due to budget issues in Oct 2019 and looking for new job. I have given multiple interviews got selected in one(A company) first. They have given COS to apply for VISA(Initially they said, Financially the priority service isn't the issue so I have applied for Priority visa). My visa application has been successful and I may get my new BRP in next 2 or 3 days. Now they are saying as per there budget they can't reimburse priority visa. That is ok for me.

Now the problem, I have also given the interview for my previous company(B-Company - last to last company) on the same day of the A company. Today I come to know that my job application is successful and they are ready to process my VISA. I have explained to HR saying that I got the offer in A company and also I will get my new BRP in next few days. He is saying you can switch to any number of companies as you are tier 2 general VISA holder.

My question is, Can I accept my previous company offer. If yes, is there any immigration problems(visa problems) I may get Or will it be a normal process? Do I need to inform anything A company (Will they need to cancel my COS)?

Reason behind this question is, I haven't joined A company. They have processed visa but when I compare about the positives and negatives B company is the best choice.

Can any one please suggest me?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Ram

srsw

Re: Tier2General:In UK-ChangeOfEmp-Can I accept another offer after new employer visa processed(BRP received) but not jo

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:37 pm

Yes, I guess nothing stopping you from switching to company B if you apply for tier 2 visa and it's approved.

The CoS from company A is used up as your application is successful. The only thing would be your joining date in A and the notice period, if any. If you don't turn up on day 1 in A, then they should ideally report to UKVI but probably they will call you and try to figure out why you didn't turn up, etc. and then report to UKVI to curtail your visa.

If you reveal your plan to A now and they request UKVI to curtail your visa, and your visa application for B is rejected for any reason, then you'll end up in a soup.

That's my understanding/analysis but see what others say.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.