ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student visa “no work except work placement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sarah323
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Tier 4 student visa “no work except work placement

Post by Sarah323 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Hello
So I am on t4 student visa and it has this restriction on it. “No work except work permit. Currently I finished my MBA degree and trying to get a job but I am not sure I can even work with this visa ?! Because normally T4 students after they finish their degree they have the right to work full time. So my visa will be the same or I can’t work at all till I find a company to sponsor me ? Thanks

srsw

Re: Tier 4 student visa “no work except work placement

Post by srsw » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:39 pm

You should be able to work full-time as long as you finished your degree. Request a letter from your university to confirm in writing that you finished your course and you can work full-time or certain hours/week until your visa expiry date.

Generally your university would be able to clarify on this and provide guidance.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 am

Sarah323 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm
So I am on t4 student visa and it has this restriction on it. “No work except work permit. Currently I finished my MBA degree and trying to get a job but I am not sure I can even work with this visa ?!
I assume you mean "work placement" not "work permit". No, you cannot work.
Sarah323 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm
Because normally T4 students after they finish their degree they have the right to work full time. So my visa will be the same or I can’t work at all till I find a company to sponsor me ?
You cannot work at all. The condition "No work except work placement" is clear and unambiguous.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bethov76
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by Bethov76 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:14 pm

This may have been an error if you were studying at degree level in a university (not a private college). However, you would have needed to have requested this to be amended within 10 days of your arrival in the UK as per the letter your BRP was attached to advised. As the previous poster says, you don't have the condition to work at the moment.

You could try to get it corrected and then be able to work, but there are currently delays due to the volume of errors this year (20 working days for a response) so not only may it not be corrected but depending on when your MBA finished your visa may expire whilst you are awaiting the outcome.