ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

OHT2019
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by OHT2019 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm

I am applying for my naturalisation soon,
I have some questions that I would much appreciate if some experienced people could answer
1- Back in 2016 I got a causation /Common assault, it’s been 3 years and 8 months since I got the caution, do I need to write a cover letter explaining the caution?
2- Back in 2013 I was in a train and could not use my bank card due to an error on the machine ticket , so I did not pay, and they said they would send the bill to my home address , I moved from the property and therefore I did not get the bill, I was taken to court and judge was convinced I was not guilty and he said the file was crashed , do I need to declare it , it does not appear on my DBS?
3- I have three PCN ; £ 25 parking ticket , £100 for parking in a reserved parking , and £140 for parking in a disabled parking , all had been paid straightway , do I need to declare them? All back to 2-3 years form now Thank you to all .

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation Questions

Post by aman90 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 pm

OHT2019 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm
I have some questions that I would much appreciate if some experienced people could answer
1- Back in 2016 I got a causation /Common assault, it’s been 3 years and 8 months since I got the caution, do I need to write a cover letter explaining the caution?
2- Back in 2013 I was in a train and could not use my bank card due to an error on the machine ticket , so I did not pay, and they said they would send the bill to my home address , I moved from the property and therefore I did not get the bill, I was taken to court and judge was convinced I was not guilty and he said the file was crashed , do I need to declare it , it does not appear on my DBS?
3- I have three PCN ; £ 25 parking ticket , £100 for parking in a reserved parking , and £140 for parking in a disabled parking , all had been paid straightway , do I need to declare them? All back to 2-3 years form now Thank you to all .
1. Have you declared in any immigration application before? Cautions need to be declared. The online form should cater to it. Do you want to explain it in a cover letter? No need.
2. No
3. No

OHT2019
Newly Registered

Post by OHT2019 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 pm

aman90 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 pm
OHT2019 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:46 pm
1. Have you declared in any immigration application before? Cautions need to be declared. The online form should cater to it. Do you want to explain it in a cover letter? No need.
2. No
3. No

thank you aman90,
No i have never declared the caution in any immigration application , i got my ILR in 2018 , my caution was in 2016...
i was meant to say if i wanted to upload a cover letter when i submit my application explaining the caution /common assault and how it happened...
for the PCN's there is no need to declare them

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Was anything unclear in my previous response?
As far as I’m aware form caters to such questions rendering a cover letter obsolete for the purpose.
If during the course of filling out the application you do not come across such a question then by all means state in a cover letter. I would advise to keep it simple.
It’s not gonna impact you as it happened more then 3 years ago.
The other two questions are a definite no.
Declaring any will not impact ur application adversely. The court case was thrown out. Parking tickets are childish. Don’t even bother.

OHT2019
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Questions

Post by OHT2019 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Hi ,
I am applying for naturalisation in few days...
I have some questions, and hoping the experienced people will help me;

1- My first referee is not willing to give the passport No , the referee is happy to give all information and sign the referee section without the passport number.is it OK to use the referee without a Passport No? Iwill the online application allow me to proceed with the application if the referee passport number is not entered??

2- I did some work; part time work less than 16 hours a week , is it worth I mention it on the employment history although it is not recorded in the HMRC, no tax paid during that work, salary less than the threshold..

3- is it OK to use the travel document after submitting my application to travel and return back before the Sopra Steria appointment..

4- is it helpful to get a letter from the council stating that i have been paying the council tax and my account is up to date ....

thank you all for the help and support

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:24 pm

OHT2019 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:45 pm
Hi ,
I am applying for naturalisation in few days...
I have some questions, and hoping the experienced people will help me;

1- My first referee is not willing to give the passport No , the referee is happy to give all information and sign the referee section without the passport number.is it OK to use the referee without a Passport No? Iwill the online application allow me to proceed with the application if the referee passport number is not entered??
Perhaps explain to the referee that his/her passport was issued by the Home Office and you are making an application to the Home Office? Alternatively look for another referee who is willing. You should submit everything that is requested, i.e. including the referee passport number.

2- I did some work; part time work less than 16 hours a week , is it worth I mention it on the employment history although it is not recorded in the HMRC, no tax paid during that work, salary less than the threshold..
Not necessary - your earnings are irrelevant.

3- is it OK to use the travel document after submitting my application to travel and return back before the Sopra Steria appointment..
Yes, and until you have attended the citizenship ceremony. You won't submit any originals.

4- is it helpful to get a letter from the council stating that i have been paying the council tax and my account is up to date ....
Not necessary and not required. Just submit what is required.

thank you all for the help and support
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.