ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can A UK Visa Overstayer Join Relatives In Ireland?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Benjjy456
Newly Registered
Ghana

Can A UK Visa Overstayer Join Relatives In Ireland?

Post by Benjjy456 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:26 am

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if someone would like to advice or shed light on my confusing situation. I'm willing to move over to Dublin to live with my Irish Uncle, but given the fact that I have overstayed my UK Visa, I'm a bit confused about the possibility of travelling to or with him to Ireland without confronting border issues. Can I apply for family permit from the UK to travel to Ireland, given my situation?

Please kindly advise me on what to do.

Thanks.

nojoyfrominis

Re: Can A UK Visa Overstayer Join Relatives In Ireland?

Post by nojoyfrominis » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:43 am

You cannot get a visa from Irish embassy in uk if you living there illegally now. Even if you are dependent on your uncle you can’t just travel with him to Ireland. Eu treaty rights won’t apply here as your uncle is Irish.
If somehow you still enter Ireland through NI, you will be committing immigration offence and will have difficulty in any future application.
Just to make you aware U.K. and Ireland share immigration records

djweeble
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by djweeble » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 am

From what I have been told, and from what information I can find...... there are no border checks between Northern Ireland and Eire..... there are also no checks on the ferries between the UK and Northern Ireland......
A lot of people have used the Ireland route to bring family members into the UK using the Free Movement Directives, but this would not apply in your case.

Benjjy456
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by Benjjy456 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:45 am

djweeble wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 am
From what I have been told, and from what information I can find...... there are no border checks between Northern Ireland and Eire..... there are also no checks on the ferries between the UK and Northern Ireland......
A lot of people have used the Ireland route to bring family members into the UK using the Free Movement Directives, but this would not apply in your case.
Thanks for your response. Would it apply if my Uncle was a national of another EU member state living in Ireland?

djweeble
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by djweeble » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:47 am

No, as you are not classed as a direct family member.

Pocks98
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Pocks98 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Do you have grandparents from Ireland?