ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Brp and citizenship

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:45 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:48 pm
Hi there can you please help me i applied in September for citizenship with my application i send all the passport,liuk test,b1,marriage certificate.but i didn't send my brp card as i needed the proof.
Second question i just realised on my child certificate my marriage name on it instead of my passport name.will it cause the delay in getting approval or do i need to let HO know.please help its already been 2 months. Thank you
How did you submit your application? The new UKVCAS application method does not require you to send original copies of your documents. Only scanned copies are required.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:30 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi there i applied by post and done the biometric on the 25th September.i really confuse now what to do as i got history of overstay from 2000 till 2007.will this give HO excuse to refuse my application base on good character.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Brp

Post by sanabibi123 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi there please help i didn't send my biometric residents permit when i apply for citizenship in September 2019 by post.
Just so worry thinking will home office refused the application because not sending the brp.
Can i still send to them or wait when they ask for it.
Please help

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Brp

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:36 am

sanabibi123 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:27 pm
Hi there please help i didn't send my biometric residents permit when i apply for citizenship in September 2019 by post.
Just so worry thinking will home office refused the application because not sending the brp.
Can i still send to them or wait when they ask for it.
Please help
Did you receive any letter confirming your applictaion and with a Case Id? If yes, you try to contact HO via email (Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk), qouting your case id and explaining your situation. You might get a response as to what to do. Otherwise, you will have to wait to be contacted by your caseworker
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:16 am

I have already told them in the cover letter the reason for not sending the biometric residents permit with the application.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Citizenship

Post by sanabibi123 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 am

Hi there can please tell me how long does home office take to reply email. I send the email 05/12/19 nationality support FMT for the update on my application still waiting for reply.

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Citizenship

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:50 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:10 am
Hi there can please tell me how long does home office take to reply email. I send the email 05/12/19 nationality support FMT for the update on my application still waiting for reply.
Usually 3 days and up to 20 days. It seems you went the postal route?
Probably trying to locate it and will revert back as soon as they do.
Don’t worry- ur overstay will not be a reason for delay or refusal.

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Thank you peace of mind now

sanabibi123
Pakistan

Post by sanabibi123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi there today i received this email from home office Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox.  

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard.  Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission,  although some applications can take longer.  You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application 

Email sent to the casework team to action the BRP aspect of your email. 

What does this mean last line mean.is my case with the case worker or not.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:41 pm

Yes - it's really just a guess - we don't know.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:04 pm

sanabibi123 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm
Hi there today i received this email from home office Thank you for contacting the Further Nationality Enquiry email inbox.  

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a progress update as our records show that your nationality application is still within the service standard.  Decisions on nationality applications are usually made within 6 months of submission,  although some applications can take longer.  You will be told if you need to provide more information to help with your application 

Email sent to the casework team to action the BRP aspect of your email. 

What does this mean last line mean.is my case with the case worker or not.

My interpretation:
As with the HO's standard response. You will not be told anythiing specifically about your application because it's still within the 6 months standard processing time.
if you had scanned your BRP and attached to the emial, then they will pass your BRP to your case worker. If you didn not attach it to your mail, then the caseworker will be informed. I guess your email will be added to your file.