ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship on the basis on Irish children (Irish Association)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahmad380
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Citizenship on the basis on Irish children (Irish Association)

Post by ahmad380 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Hi,

My wife is on Stamp4 for last 3 years and she is in Ireland for the last 4.5 years (since June 2015). We have 2 kids and both are Irish. Can my wife apply for Irish citizenship on the basis of Irish children? Will it come under Irish association or not, if you are Parents of Irish kids?

Thanks.

hakeem
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Citizenship on the basis on Irish children (Irish Association)

Post by hakeem » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:00 pm

Yes, she can as she is related to her daughter by blood!

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am

Wow, can you elaborate? That's kind of a game changer - makes Zambrano a bit unnecessary, no? I never even thought of that but I have two Irish citizen children, would make things simpler if nothing else!

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am

Not really . She can’t apply through Irish association. She can apply on own right after 5 years of residency. I’m on the same boat. Irish association means the descendants of Irish National . You are the parent of Irish National so it doesn’t make you descendant . If your parent was Irish National that would make you descendant and you would be eligible for Irish association. Hope it helps .

ahmad380
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahmad380 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:32 am

Here is the email reply from INIS:
Thank you for your email, I would advise that your wife apply as a standard
adult in her own right when she meets the five year residency clause. She
will need to submit 5 years worth of proofs of residence

focabh
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by focabh » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:07 pm

mayflower805 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am
Not really . She can’t apply through Irish association. She can apply on own right after 5 years of residency. I’m on the same boat. Irish association means the descendants of Irish National . You are the parent of Irish National so it doesn’t make you descendant . If your parent was Irish National that would make you descendant and you would be eligible for Irish association. Hope it helps .
Sorry, you are completely wrong. Becareful to do not give wrong information to people:

"1. Eligibility
Eligibility for adults
You can apply for Irish citizenship by naturalisation if you:

Are of full age (aged 18 or over, or if aged under 18 you are married) when you apply
Meet the conditions for residence, marriage or other (as described below)
Intend to continue living in the State
Are of good character
Will attend a citizenship ceremony and make the declaration of fidelity
Use Form 8 to make your application.

In some circumstances the Minister for Justice and Equality may approve an application for citizenship, even if all the above conditions are not met, for someone who:

Is of Irish descent or has Irish associations, or
Has been resident abroad in the Irish public service, or
Has been declared to be a refugee or stateless as defined by law
'Irish association' means being related by blood, affinity or adoption to an Irish citizen, including deceased citizens."

She can apply by Irish association and you should know that minister MIGHT consider her application after 3 years of reckonable residency, rather than 5.

ps: Some people say that if you do it, you might end up waiting longer though.

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:49 am

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 am
Wow, can you elaborate? That's kind of a game changer - makes Zambrano a bit unnecessary, no? I never even thought of that but I have two Irish citizen children, would make things simpler if nothing else!
Can a sibling of an Irish born child living here in could apply for Irish association? The sibling is undocumented but was born in Ireland. His sister is an Irish citizen by birth.

fuzzbizz
United States of America

Post by fuzzbizz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:47 pm

"The sibling is undocumented but was born in Ireland. "

You at least have a birth certificate I hope? I suspect they'll be subjected to the same rules as any sibling (parent here at least 3 years, or they can naturalize when they turn 5)

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:46 pm

What do you mean undocumented? Do they still not have a valid residence permit?
No citizenship application can be considered if the applicant does not have a valid residence permit at the time of application. They would have to get a valid residence permit and live in the state as a lawful resident before the citizenship can be considered.

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:05 pm

mayflower805 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:39 am
Can a sibling of an Irish citizen child apply through Irish association?

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:11 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:46 pm
What do you mean undocumented? Do they still not have a valid residence permit?
No citizenship application can be considered if the applicant does not have a valid residence permit at the time of application. They would have to get a valid residence permit and live in the state as a lawful resident before the citizenship can be considered.
[/quote

I'm talking about my eldest son. When he was born I was undocumented and that was 2007. This year I got a stamp through Zambrano with my 2nd child born to an Irish father. I don't which route to go for my eldest to get him a stamp.

Johnnah
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Johnnah » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:13 pm

fuzzbizz wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:47 pm
"The sibling is undocumented but was born in Ireland. "

You at least have a birth certificate I hope? I suspect they'll be subjected to the same rules as any sibling (parent here at least 3 years, or they can naturalize when they turn 5)
Yes I have a birth cert. When he was born 2007 I was illegal.His sister is Irish citizen that's why I got my stamp 4 just this year.