ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a tourist visa while another one is in process

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Clin
Newly Registered
Belgium

Applying for a tourist visa while another one is in process

Post by Clin » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:59 am

Hello,

Does anyone know if it s possible to apply for new tourist visa while a first one is under process?

My husband applied for belgian visa at middle of november (embassy has sent it to home office) and from what we know home office is so overwhelmed it will not be able to grant visa before Christmas.

So we are thinking to go directly to the embassy in delhi and apply a fresh application on the same documents. Is it permitted and will the embassy be able to consider our special situation? Has it happened before and does the embassy have still the authority to grant a visa for my husband who is tibetan refugee?
It s his first application.

Thank you for your replies.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Applying for a tourist visa while another one is in process

Post by ibwe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:25 am

I don't think that is possible unless you cancel the existing visa application.

I don't have the specifics for the Belgian visa, however if you look at this Japanese visa FAQs question number 6, you will see that among the cases that lead to application being rejected/not accepted is (5) The visa application is already being processed at a different [location].

I think the same logic does apply to Schengen visa as well.

Clin
Newly Registered
Belgium

Re: Applying for a tourist visa while another one is in process

Post by Clin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:27 am

Thank you ibwe for your sharing knowledge.

We were advised not to cancel our application because first belgian application visa is always inspected by ministry of home office.
It s a very long process... specialy before Christmas. They said 7 weeks maybe more...