ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Scheme Family Permit, next thing to do?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hola_
Spain

Settlement Scheme Family Permit, next thing to do?

Post by Hola_ » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am

Hi,

I just want to ask what is my next step to do, I already got the settlement scheme FP and will be going to London before Christmas, I read that I need to apply for a pre-settled status first ? Or if someone can suggest on what to do, I will appreciate it

Another thing, 3 days before my flight, I will be having a hand surgery, can I use my European Health Insurance Card in London for medical check-up(removal of sutures etc.) , I'm just curious, if not, then I need to go back to Madrid

kamoe

Re: Settlement Scheme Family Permit, next thing to do?

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:32 am

Hola_ wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am
I just want to ask what is my next step to do, I already got the settlement scheme FP and will be going to London before Christmas
Your very next step is simply to arrive int the UK.
The second next step is to apply for Pre-Settled Status, which will result in a biometric card if you are the non-EU family member of a EU national.
I read that I need to apply for a pre-settled status first ? Or if someone can suggest on what to do
That's incorrect. You can apply for your pre-settled status inside the UK. In fact, you can only apply outside of the UK if you already have a biometric residence card (given that you just received a Family Permit, I assume you don't have one).
Another thing, 3 days before my flight, I will be having a hand surgery, can I use my European Health Insurance Card in London for medical check-up(removal of sutures etc.) , I'm just curious, if not, then I need to go back to Madrid
It is my understanding that as a legal resident in the UK (in this case proven by being the holder of a Family Permit) you have access to standard NHS services for free, although not sure how more specialized services are provided (dental is not covered, for example, you have to pay for it). Not familiar with how the European Health insurance card works, I'm afraid, but probably another member can share more information.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:32 am
Hola_ wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:21 am
I just want to ask what is my next step to do, I already got the settlement scheme FP and will be going to London before Christmas
Your very next step is simply to arrive int the UK.
The second next step is to apply for Pre-Settled Status, which will result in a biometric card if you are the non-EU family member of a EU national.
I read that I need to apply for a pre-settled status first ? Or if someone can suggest on what to do
That's incorrect. You can apply for your pre-settled status inside the UK. In fact, you can only apply outside of the UK if you already have a biometric residence card (given that you just received a Family Permit, I assume you don't have one).
It is my understanding that as a legal resident in the UK (in this case proven by being the holder of a Family Permit) you have access to standard NHS services for free, although not sure how more specialized services are provided (dental is not covered, for example, you have to pay for it). Not familiar with how the European Health insurance card works, I'm afraid, but probably another member can share more information.

Thanks kamoe for the tip. I will be travelling to London in the 19th of Dec. When I get there , I will apply for the Pre-settled status, if for example, that pre-settled status will not be given to me before February 2020. Another question, can I still go back to Madrid because I need to renew my spanish residence card in January/February or I need to stay in London until they give that status?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Hola_ wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm
if for example, that pre-settled status will not be given to me before February 2020. Another question, can I still go back to Madrid because I need to renew my spanish residence card in January/February or I need to stay in London until they give that status?
Provided you have your passport with your valid Family Permit on it, yes, you can leave the UK and re enter using your Family Permit.

Your application to the Settlement Scheme will NOT be cancelled (as is the case with other immigration categories that apply this restriction when the applicant leaves the UK, which is why many people are confused by this question - See this related post).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Hola_
Spain

Post by Hola_ » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:08 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:26 pm
Hola_ wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:19 pm
if for example, that pre-settled status will not be given to me before February 2020. Another question, can I still go back to Madrid because I need to renew my spanish residence card in January/February or I need to stay in London until they give that status?
Provided you have your passport with your valid Family Permit on it, yes, you can leave the UK and re enter using your Family Permit.

Your application to the Settlement Scheme will NOT be cancelled (as is the case with other immigration categories that apply this restriction when the applicant leaves the UK, which is why many people are confused by this question - See this related post).
Hi,

Just a clarification, I am now here in London. It seems like I need to have a UK biometrics permit card first before I can apply for the pre-settled status because the app is asking for that and not accepting my biometrics passport?

Can I apply for the BRP card without a National Insurance number?

I read the HO webpage, they mentioned that I only need to provide my biometrics and photo in any service point centre or Post Office, is that all needed for the BRP card? But I am confused with this statement :

"You do not have to apply separately for a BRP. You’ll get one automatically if your visa or immigration application is approved, or you’re replacing an older document."

?

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:59 pm

I think you should check with the Spanish government if you can still consider yourself a resident of their country if you move to the UK. When you apply for pre-settled, they request you send your EEA residence card with your passport and they keep it but return your passport.

I’m non-EEA and where I lived in the EEA, I lost my right to reside in that country the minute I arrived in the UK to live.