ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement: Lounes paper form?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

EU Settlement: Lounes paper form?

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Hello

If you apply for EU settlement as family member of an EEA national who applied and obtained a British citizenship, you will be required to fill a paper application.

In this document, page 13, they refer to it as the "relevant paper application".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... h-v1.0.pdf

I searched online for a scan or a PDF of this application but I cannot find it. Do you know where to find it by any chance?

lappotto
Newly Registered

Re: EU Settlement: Lounes paper form?

Post by lappotto » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:20 pm
Hello

If you apply for EU settlement as family member of an EEA national who applied and obtained a British citizenship, you will be required to fill a paper application.

In this document, page 13, they refer to it as the "relevant paper application".

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... h-v1.0.pdf

I searched online for a scan or a PDF of this application but I cannot find it. Do you know where to find it by any chance?
You have to call the HO, and request one saying you are on the Lounes track etc... They will send you a paper application via post, with the applicant name, DOB and reference number at the top.

it91

Post by it91 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:48 pm

Yes you need to call HO and request it.
24.01.15-31.12.19:Tier 4 visa
02.08.19: Applied to Lounes PSS
08.08.219: Passports back with biometrics letter
12.08.19: Biometrics submitted
15.08.19: CoA issued (received on 19th)
30.08.19: PSS Granted
09.09.19: BRC arrived
31.11.19:BRC replacement

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 am

it91 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:48 pm
Yes you need to call HO and request it.
I eventually managed to get hold of one.

People don't share them because when the Home Office send them, each page is printed on the top with the name of the applicant. They don't deliver blanks of these forms.

I am sure I could get one through the Freedom of Information Act but as I have a copy now, I don't bother.

it91

Post by it91 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am

Exactly, each of us are given unique forms with unique application numbers. But the content is essentially the same. I am not sure what do you mean but in order to be apply for Lounes case I believe paper form is the only way (similar to other complicated cases like Zambrano i reckon).

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:50 am

For Lounes, the only way is the paper form.

Some people managed to apply electronically but eventually their application gets rejected and they have to go the paper route. They typically reject when they discover that the EEA national is also a naturalized British citizen.

I have the document here, I find it strange that they don't ask about the address of the sponsor. They ask only for the address of the applicant. May be there is an assumption that they both live at the same address.

it91

Post by it91 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 pm

They’re only interested in if the naturalised UK/EEA citizen kept excercising treaty rights, being employed, paid taxes and kept the EEA nationality. Marriage certificate is the only valid document they accept. Which is great to he honest.

But I still provided my dual citizen husband’s house contract with me and common bank account details for the last 6 months. It doesn’t hurt.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm

it91 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 pm
They’re only interested in if the naturalised UK/EEA citizen kept excercising treaty rights, being employed, paid taxes and kept the EEA nationality. Marriage certificate is the only valid document they accept. Which is great to he honest.

But I still provided my dual citizen husband’s house contract with me and common bank account details for the last 6 months. It doesn’t hurt.
In my case it was a bit different.

The Lounes was for pre-settlement application for an extended family member (really extended, not partner or anything).

That family member, once got his EFM card left. So he is no longer part of household and no longer dependent in any shape or form.

That's why the question about the address of application / sponsor was crucial

it91

Post by it91 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:01 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:19 pm
it91 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:11 pm

In my case it was a bit different.

The Lounes was for pre-settlement application for an extended family member (really extended, not partner or anything).

That family member, once got his EFM card left. So he is no longer part of household and no longer dependent in any shape or form.

That's why the question about the address of application / sponsor was crucial
I’ve seen your other question regarding the Sponsor Responsibility. In my opinion, you should call Home EEA SS Resolution Centre and ask your question. They’re very very helpful, they never judge or comment, just give the the right answeer.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:19 am

Thank you for that.

I am often a sponsor for my close family visit visa. They come to see me from time to time and they have never been refused a visa. My brother has a 5 year visitor visa now. But I always insisted with them: you must absolutely adhere to the terms of your visa.

Actually I lost a friend who doesn't talk to me anymore because he wanted me to send him a visa invitation for the UK and I refused. I know that this guy overstayed in many countries and was even deported a couple of times from Europe. I didn't want him to do the same in the UK and cause me trouble with the Home Office. The trouble I am referring to is the Home Office refusing visas for my close family members when I invite them for a visit. I want them to see me as a serious sponsor.

So it's important for me to keep clean records with the HO.

I am going to follow your advice and call the helpline.

AlexAlex78
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by AlexAlex78 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:27 pm

1) Would anyone know if the Lounes route could be applied for online now? A link would be great if so.

2) Alternatively, what is the best number to inquire about an Lounes route application form?

3) Can I ask for a Lounes route form in behalf of my wife-to-be, who is based in Japan? (We're planning on getting married in Japan in January 2020, but she will joining me in the UK in June 2020).

AlexAlex78
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by AlexAlex78 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi

I thought I would update this. For anyone going the Lounes route, paper application this month, here is how to request the form:

* you can call in behalf of your wife as long as you have her date of birth, full name, email address and a telephone number (I gave my email and telephone opposed to my wife).

Call Home Office (HO) EU Settlement number: 0300 123 7379

Explain your situation (ie "I am Romanian by birth and British Naturalised citizen, married with a Japanese Citizen that holds a Japanese passport) and ask for a Lounes route paper application form for settlement in the UK.

And that is it. They will ask for your wife/husband details as per the note above and they may ask if she/he has biometrics and holds a passport (in my case she holds a Japanese passport with no biometrics in the UK)

I think January will be the last month this would work, based on last night elections results it looks like we will be out of EU own the 31st January 2020.

I hope this helps someone!

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 pm

AlexAlex78 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:27 pm
I think January will be the last month this would work, based on last night elections results it looks like we will be out of EU own the 31st January 2020.
Why would this be? The UK being out of the EU has no impact on the EU Settlement applications; the deadline is still December 2020. Unless I am missing something here...
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Magus1984
Mood:
Argentina

Post by Magus1984 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:05 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 pm
AlexAlex78 wrote:
Why would this be? The UK being out of the EU has no impact on the EU Settlement applications; the deadline is still December 2020. Unless I am missing something here...
If anything with this election results it is more likely that the deal will get ratified by Parliament so the deadline for settlement applications is 30 June 2021 rather than 31 Dec 2020 (no deal scenario).

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:13 pm

Magus1984 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:05 pm
kamoe wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:25 pm
AlexAlex78 wrote:
If anything with this election results it is more likely that the deal will get ratified by Parliament so the deadline for settlement applications is 30 June 2021 rather than 31 Dec 2020 (no deal scenario).
Exactly.

And my point is, there seems to be a misunderstanding among a number of people in this forum, and elsewhere, that Brexit day is the same as EU Settlement application deadline, which is not true. Clear application deadlines have been announced well in advance, for both deal and no deal scenarios, and none of those are Brexit day.

So no, EU Settlement applications will NOT stop on January 31st 2020.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

AlexAlex78
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by AlexAlex78 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:12 am

Apologies for misleading here, I was only trying to help. Of course I am so happy to stand corrected, so thank you for this. My initial plan was to get married mid 2020 and I found myself rushing to get papers sorted before Brexit. I am pleased to learn the deadline for the EU settlement is almost a year later than what I thought it would be :)

Unluckyeea2

Post by Unluckyeea2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,
Thank for sharing your experiences here in forum . I am dual EU/UK dual national and my non EEA family members got Permanent Residence Permit Biometric card valid for 10 years after Lounes Case , I wonder anyone with Permanent Residence applied for Settled Status
online or Paper application ? I read in forum that Non EEA family members with Permanent Residence Card holder application is different than non Permanent card holder . My question is that Non EEA family members of Lounes Case
and Permanent Residence card holder also go through paper application for Settled Status ?

Please share your experiences. Thank You