ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 For UK born child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Mn1 for child

Post by Kht » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Good Afternoon,

My child was born while I was holding Refugee status, now we both (father, child) got ILR.
Can I apply for his citizenship, if yes any specific form please?
Can I apply for other kids as well, but they were not born in UK?
What's the process please i.e fee, documents etc?

I would appreciate your advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Mn1 for child

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:39 pm

Kht wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 pm
Good Afternoon,

My child was born while I was holding Refugee status, now we both (father, child) got ILR.
Can I apply for his citizenship, if yes any specific form please?
Can I apply for other kids as well, but they were not born in UK?
What's the process please i.e fee, documents etc?

I would appreciate your advice.
Child 1 (born in UK)

If you (father) or (mother) has ILR and your child was born in UK, you can register him as a British Citizen via MN1 form. Once MN1 is approved, you can apply for child’s British Passport.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-form-mn1

Other children (born outside UK).

Assuming they have ILR also now. You will apply for their citizenship along with yourself and mother after 12 months have lapsed on your ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 am

Thanks for the info, it's helpful and appreciated.

Silly question :-)

Is there any difference registering a child as a British Citizen or when one of the parent got settled (ILR or Citizenship), the born child is eligible for Citizenship?

Peace

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:40 am

Kht wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 am
Thanks for the info, it's helpful and appreciated.

Silly question :-)

Is there any difference registering a child as a British Citizen or when one of the parent got settled (ILR or Citizenship), the born child is eligible for Citizenship?

Peace
Unclear what you are trying to ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:36 pm

I think OP is trying to ask if a UK born child can only be registered as a British Citizen after the parent has ILR OR can also be done after the parent has British Citizenship i.e. if the process will be different?

The UK born child can be registered as a BC now (one parent has ILR i.e. settled in UK) or later when you have British Citizenship. The process will be same (if that is what you meant to ask).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:44 pm

The UK born child is eligible to be registered as a BC after one of the parent is settled i.e. has ILR.

That does NOT mean that the child will automatically get BC if the parent gets BC first (if that is what you meant).

You will have to register the child as a BC (now after ILR or after your own BC) regardless, because the child was born BEFORE you were settled in UK (that is before you had ILR).

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Noted with thanks, it's clear now.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Good evening,

I’m filling out the online form for registration, and come across as below;

Other nationalities? since he was born in UK but I don’t know whether YES or No, in case yes it needs further details dates the nationally held from and to.

5 years address, he is just few months now, should I put mine one?

National identity or passport, he doesn’t have any of these, is the birth certificate know as a national identity or not.

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 am

Kht wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 pm
Good evening,

Other nationalities? since he was born in UK but I don’t know whether YES or No, in case yes it needs further details dates the nationally held from and to.

National identity or passport, he doesn’t have any of these, is the birth certificate know as a national identity or not.

Thanks in advance
I imagine the child derives your Nationality and that will be their nationality as they are yet to be British and very few people are stateless.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:19 am

Kht wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:24 pm
Good evening,

Thanks in advance
1) The baby takes your home country nationality by default at Birth as you were not settled then.
2) Tick yes for 5 years address to proceed. HO knows the baby is only few months old. You may clarify in the cover letter.
3) UK born baby - UK birth certificate is enough to proceed

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:40 pm

Thanks all for the useful information, I got some more queries I would appreciate your suggestions.

The application says;

A:
If Mr................... has a passport then provide this with your application. If Mr............ does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

My question is, he only got BC AND brp, if I did not tick the box I can't processed with the application, advise please.

B:
Declaration

A: I am the applicant

B: I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and so on

I reckon, it's (B) correct?

Is child's consent also required to attach with the application?

Thanks in advance

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 am

Kht wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:40 pm
Thanks all for the useful information, I got some more queries I would appreciate your suggestions.

The application says;

A:
If Mr................... has a passport then provide this with your application. If Mr............ does not have a passport then you must provide another officially-issued identity document. This could include an official travel document or national identity card.

My question is, he only got BC AND brp, if I did not tick the box I can't processed with the application, advise please.

B:
Declaration

A: I am the applicant

B: I am a representative of the applicant and have been authorised to act on their behalf and so on

I reckon, it's (B) correct?

Is child's consent also required to attach with the application?

Thanks in advance
UK birth certificate is approved identity of the child.

Yes B.

Parents has to provide a consent on child’s behalf that you are registering your child as a BC.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:20 am

Thank you @CULLINAN for the reply.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Hi All,

I hope you have had a wonderful season holidays!

I have submitted the required doc and online form, but at biometric centre they didn’t scan my child photo and took digital one during appointment, I’m not sure but fingers crossed it should be fine.

Can you please help me with the following;

1- once received the registration certificate, what are the further steps?

2- Can I apply for his British passport on same day, if yes can please share the link or any requires steps and supporting documents?

3- I think the ceremony will take place when the child turns 18 years old, correct? It’s a lengthy wait, probably the HO will send a reminder, not sure.

4- I along with family will apply after 12 months/December 2020, wondering if there’s any necessary action to be done well in advance i.e language test, life in the UK test etc.

5- what if some one can’t pass the tests, is there any chance so they can also apply same time.

Thanks in advance

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:58 pm

Kht wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 pm
Hi All,

I hope you have had a wonderful season holidays!

I have submitted the required doc and online form, but at biometric centre they didn’t scan my child photo and took digital one during appointment, I’m not sure but fingers crossed it should be fine.

Can you please help me with the following;

1- once received the registration certificate, what are the further steps? As such no further steps required - keep it safe!

2- Can I apply for his British passport on same day, if yes can please share the link or any requires steps and supporting documents? Once you receive the certificate yes.

3- I think the ceremony will take place when the child turns 18 years old, correct? It’s a lengthy wait, probably the HO will send a reminder, not sure. Children will attend ceremony from a certain age (?) you will get an invitation from the council.

4- I along with family will apply after 12 months/December 2020, wondering if there’s any necessary action to be done well in advance i.e language test, life in the UK test etc. You can take the tests now - LITUK is valid forever, B1 English valid for two years

5- what if some one can’t pass the tests, is there any chance so they can also apply same time. You have to pass the tests - unless you are exempt.

Thanks in advance
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:06 am

3- I think the ceremony will take place when the child turns 18 years old, correct? It’s a lengthy wait, probably the HO will send a reminder, not sure. Children will attend ceremony from a certain age (?) you will get an invitation from the council.

I think children don't have to attend the ceremony or take oaths..
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

Post by Kht » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

Kht
inactive
Afghanistan

MN1 For UK born child

Post by Kht » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:40 pm

Morning All

My son was born in Uk and applied MN1, but other kids was born abroad and hold ILR, what I have learned here that says “ Children are REGISTERED. Adults are Naturalised”.

Questions

1. Can I follow the same procedures like MN1 after 12 months?

2. Is it the same application form 1.3?

3. My other son will turns 17 on the time of application, is he also needs to be registered? does he also require life in the UK test, and English he is going to college?

4. Is there one application for family as ILR? Or separate for each applicant?

5. Which application wil adult fill out for natrulization?

6. What are the other requirements for children born abroad?

Or any other information which can help will highly appreciated.

Thank you all

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 For UK born child

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Please do not tag onto other members topics.

1. Children born abroad can apply when either parent is also applying and the other parent holds ilr.

2. Mn1 form and under section 3(1), which is at discretion.

3. Register on mn1 yes. Only those 18 and over need English and liuk tests.

4. Yes, you can add family members to your application.

5. Form AN online.

6. What do you mean other requirements??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.