ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application form queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application Advice Needed

Post by Explorer0055 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I am thinking of applying for citizenship application but I have come across some questions/complexities which need resolving. If anyone can give some insight, it will be very helpful.

A little bit history of my case is as follows. In mid 2009 I applied for visa extension my application was refused and I was not given the right to appeal at that time. But my solicitor filed a fresh application which was successful and resulted in the further leave being granted in December 2009. So I was without leave for a couple of months until 5th December 2009.

I got an ILR after 2015. And later in 2017 I had applied for British Citizenship. Home Office sent me a questionnaire to fill in and return it with supporting documents. My solicitor requested Home Office for more time as we were trying to gather some documents which we didn't have. But instead of giving us more time, my citizenship application was refused on the basis that I failed to meet the Good Character requirements because I was in the country without leave during the period mentioned above i.e. June 2009- December 2009 and I was not compliant with UK Immigration Laws. I decided not to pursue the case any further.

So now I am wondering when can i apply for naturalisation again. If I apply after 5 December 2019, do I satisfy the compliance with UK Immigration Law in 10 year period prior to the date of application? Or do I have to wait further? Also will my previous refusal/ reason for refusal have any impact on the next application. If so, how can I make things better for next time. Any help and guidance is greatly appreciated. TIA

zimba
Mood:

Re: Citizenship Application Advice Needed

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:22 pm

You should be ok if the overstaying was more than 10 years ago. So I suggest to apply when that overstaying period was more than 10 years ago
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 pm

thank you very much for your reply.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:45 pm

i just wanted to confirm that my 10 years of legalised stay are complete on 5th of december 2019.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

application form queries

Post by Explorer0055 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:22 am

hi all,

First of all i would like to thank you for running this informative forum. I am in the process of filling in my online citizenship application form, and i am becoming a bit confused by some of the questions. If someone can guide me that will be really appreciated.

Some of the questions i am a bit unsure about are as follows:

1. Do you have a valid national identity card?
I am not an EEA national and i do have one for my country, do i have to give details of this or not?

2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
I do have a degree from my own country and i tried to do one here too, but I couldn't complete it due to personal health issues. one of the primary reason i was allowed to stay in the country was my degree, which i couldn't complete. I have answered No to this question. but i am worried if this can effect my application. i do have an IELTS B1 certificate, which i am going to submit. Is this approach correct?

3. Details of your trips outside the uk
on one of the trips when i left the uk, i went to two countries on the same trip. the form only allows to input one country in 'Country Visited' field. how do i explain this in my application?

4. Immigration details
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I have answered Yes to this question and wrote the month and years of for all the previous applications made from the first ever one to ILR.
I also made a Citizenship application previously which was refused due to overstay history. I have not included it in this section because i thought citizenship is not an immigration application. is it the right thing to do? or shall i include it in this section ?

TIA

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: application form queries

Post by aman90 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:18 am

Explorer0055 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:22 am

1. Do you have a valid national identity card?
I am not an EEA national and i do have one for my country, do i have to give details of this or not?

No. it’s for people who have freedom of movement and use just IDs to enter UK. Do you have a passport? That ll suffice.

2. Do you have a degree that was taught in English?
I do have a degree from my own country and i tried to do one here too, but I couldn't complete it due to personal health issues. one of the primary reason i was allowed to stay in the country was my degree, which i couldn't complete. I have answered No to this question. but i am worried if this can effect my application. i do have an IELTS B1 certificate, which i am going to submit. Is this approach correct?

This question ascertains whether you need to provide proof for one basic requirement that is that you are proficient in English.
Not whether you didn’t fulfil the reason of ur visa by not doing what you came here to do

3. Details of your trips outside the uk
on one of the trips when i left the uk, i went to two countries on the same trip. the form only allows to input one country in 'Country Visited' field. how do i explain this in my application?

They aren’t interested in all the countries you visited only the number of absences.

4. Immigration details
Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I have answered Yes to this question and wrote the month and years of for all the previous applications made from the first ever one to ILR.
I also made a Citizenship application previously which was refused due to overstay history. I have not included it in this section because i thought citizenship is not an immigration application. is it the right thing to do? or shall i include it in this section ?

No. Even if you do add it it’ll make no difference. The purpose is to know if you used any other name to enter or settle in the UK. Ho is aware of our history otherwise.

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:04 am

thanks for your response and explaining the reason behind it.

I have another question, i have a CCJ probably eight/nine years old. I have not declared it in any of the previous applications because i thought it was a payment arrangement and forgot about it. Last year some events in my life made me realize that it could be a CCJ. I have continued to make payments each month for all these years, and still paying. It is not showing on my file or anything. Do I need to declare it in my application? If I do, how will it effect my application. I am struggling to decide whats the best way to move forward. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Explorer0055 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:04 am
thanks for your response and explaining the reason behind it.

I have another question, i have a CCJ probably eight/nine years old. I have not declared it in any of the previous applications because i thought it was a payment arrangement and forgot about it. Last year some events in my life made me realize that it could be a CCJ. I have continued to make payments each month for all these years, and still paying. It is not showing on my file or anything. Do I need to declare it in my application? If I do, how will it effect my application. I am struggling to decide whats the best way to move forward. Any advice is appreciated.

thanks
There is no such a thing a nine year old CCJ as a CCJ is automatically removed from your record after 6 years. It should have no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm

sorry i just meant to ask whether i need to declare it on my application or not? and if i do need to declare it will it look bad as its not been declared on any previous applications ?

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:59 pm

Explorer0055 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:53 pm
sorry i just meant to ask whether i need to declare it on my application or not? and if i do need to declare it will it look bad as its not been declared on any previous applications ?
Why do you want to declare something which is no longer on ur record?

Explorer0055
Newly Registered

Post by Explorer0055 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:54 pm

i have had a lot of difficulty with HO in the past, so just wanted to make sure what I needed to do about this. the Question asked, 'have you ever had any civil court judgement against you' and that triggered my anxiety.