ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British national moving to EU

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tweety2019
Newly Registered

British national moving to EU

Post by Tweety2019 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:57 am

Hi there,

My husband is in EU on student visa and I'm british national and planning to move to one of the EU country on my behalf. Can anyone guide me on this? Like how I can move to EU now and what will be the process for this?

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: British national moving to EU

Post by ALKB » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:26 pm

Tweety2019 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:57 am
Hi there,

My husband is in EU on student visa and I'm british national and planning to move to one of the EU country on my behalf. Can anyone guide me on this? Like how I can move to EU now and what will be the process for this?
Have you been in contact with the German authorities to get a German passport/clear up whether you are a German national (I think you are from what you posted previously)? If you have a German passport, just move to the EU. In any EU country apart from Germany you'll have to exercise treaty rights.

If you are solely a British national for some reason, you'll either have to move to the EU before Brexit and exercise treaty rights ASAP (probably also before the Brexit date), hoping for the best regarding any deal or no deal situation. Or wait until the Brexit scenario is clear and then see whatever requirements British nationals will have to meet at the time.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.