ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current Processing Times - Help us to help you

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Post by summerleaf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:10 am

I applied on 13th June, confirmation letter received on 17th June dated 16th June.

I called them yesterday and was told they didn't give any information until ten weeks after I applied.

Called again today, a young guy answered the phone and said he could see my application is with caseworker and it would take a week or two to make a decision.

mankar
Newly Registered

Post by mankar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Hello Summerleaf,

Could you please post first 5 letters of your reference number?

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:32 pm

mankar wrote:Hello Summerleaf,

What does the first 5 letters of the reference no indicate?

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Post by summerleaf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:58 pm

Hi,

It is PB308.

Does the reference number indicate anything?

hskhan2008

Post by hskhan2008 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:59 pm

summerleaf wrote:Hi,

It is PB308.

my first 3 letters of reference number are also PB308

tier1_seeker
Newly Registered

Re: Status of my application- made from UK

Post by tier1_seeker » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:27 pm

hi jkotha2000 and abcdhero,

Do you have any update on your respective applications ? Pls. share ur appln. status.
jkotha2000 wrote:
abcdhero wrote:
jkotha2000 wrote:
abcdhero wrote:Application sent through royal mail - 31 May 2008 (WP to Tier 1)
Received HO reference letter dated 03 June 2008
Status on 26-July-2008: Awaiting
Hi Hiro,
Our cases are same... Did you call HO what did they say, I called up on 23rd and the status is with Care worker's manager.

I also applied on 31st may
Ref letter 3rd June
WP-- Tier1
I called HO on 25-July. They said they are working on applications between 3rd June to 10th June. They are not willing to give any more details..
Hero,

Did you hear anything about your appication.

I have called up HO and they said that My application is under consideration.

Rgds

skyisthelimit
Newly Registered

Post by skyisthelimit » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:17 pm

summerleaf wrote:I applied on 13th June, confirmation letter received on 17th June dated 16th June.

I called them yesterday and was told they didn't give any information until ten weeks after I applied.

Called again today, a young guy answered the phone and said he could see my application is with caseworker and it would take a week or two to make a decision.
Hey summerleaf...I am in the same situation as you...applied on 12th June 08...still waiting

Called y'day and they said my application was with a case worker

Let me know if you have an update on your situation...Good Luck!

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Status on my Tier -1

Post by abcdhero » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:14 pm

Latest status as on 29-July-2008:

Application sent through royal mail - 31 May 2008 (WP to Tier 1)

I observe that some who applied on 4th June have already got Visa. Wondering why mine is taking so long.
Last edited by abcdhero on Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jkotha2000

Post by jkotha2000 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:02 pm

tier1_seeker wrote:hi jkotha2000 and abcdhero,

Do you have any update on your respective applications ? Pls. share ur appln. status.
jkotha2000 wrote:
abcdhero wrote:
jkotha2000 wrote:
Hi Hiro,
Our cases are same... Did you call HO what did they say, I called up on 23rd and the status is with Care worker's manager.

Ref letter 3rd June
WP-- Tier1
I called HO on 25-July. They said they are working on applications between 3rd June to 10th June. They are not willing to give any more details..
Hero,

Rgds
I Called up yesterday and the appliction is still with Case Worker.. No update...what about u both...

jkotha2000

Re: Status on my Tier -1

Post by jkotha2000 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:03 pm

abcdhero wrote:Latest status as on 29-July-2008:

I observe that some who applied on 4th June have already got Visa. Wondering why mine is taking so long.
Hero, What is the first 6 letters of your ref number.. mine is PB3076...

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Post by summerleaf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:20 pm

I will post here whatever I receive from the HO.

Good luck to you too.
skyisthelimit wrote:
summerleaf wrote:I applied on 13th June, confirmation letter received on 17th June dated 16th June.

Hey summerleaf...I am in the same situation as you...applied on 12th June 08...still waiting

Called y'day and they said my application was with a case worker

Let me know if you have an update on your situation...Good Luck!

mankar
Newly Registered

Post by mankar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Hi,

The first 5 or six letters possibly signify a batch of applications. So if one person in the same series gets his documents it has been observed that most of the people with the same starting letters will start getting their documents back. However, this is just an observed trend.
summerleaf wrote:Hi,

It is PB308.

Thanks

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Hello guys,

Just a quick question, i have been reading the forum for quite sometime and people post the processing times all the time and also wht date applications HO is working on.

for example, when we say HO is working on 10th june applications, wht does that mean? does 10th of june here means the date when they recieved the application or is it the date on the refrence letter??

Please advise.

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Post by summerleaf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 pm

My experience is that normally the date they received is the date on the reference letter.

Not sure if this is always the case though.
grant1 wrote:Hello guys,

Just a quick question, i have been reading the forum for quite sometime and people post the processing times all the time and also wht date applications HO is working on.

for example, when we say HO is working on 10th june applications, wht does that mean? does 10th of june here means the date when they recieved the application or is it the date on the refrence letter??

Please advise.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:15 pm

summerleaf wrote:My experience is that normally the date they received is the date on the reference letter.

Not sure if this is always the case though.
grant1 wrote:Hello guys,

Please advise.
yes actually thats not the case all the time because the date on the reference letter is the date when they recieved the payment from you. so these are defanately 2 seperate dates. still trying to figure out thaugh when they say they are working on certain date wht date is that??

Regards

defmute
Newly Registered

Post by defmute » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:04 am

Good day All!

I thought I should share my ordeal as per the Tier 1 saga with you all. So sit back, relax and enjoy my side of the story!

Having finished my masters program in the UK back in 2004, I applied for the “SEGSâ€

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:47 am

Hello Mate, I am in the same boat as you. I am presently perparing my application and have gathered all the required documents, however I am a bit confused about the following points:

(1) I hold a Work Permit sponsored by my employer. If in case my application gets rejected (which will be a disaster), then will I still be able to carry on my job with the present employer on the same work permit?
Can I reapply if the application gets rejected once?

(2) You have a quite a lot of documentation for the dependant application. In my case I have to submit application for my wife and my infant son. For my wife's application I was planning to submit only her original passport and our marriage cretificate.

And for my son, I am planning to sumbit only his passport (I think no need of birth certificate as age is mentioned in the original passport. Also the birth cretificate is in Hindi so that is another pain to get translated, if I need to submit it with the application).

Is this documentation good enough for the dependant application or do I need to inlcude a few more documents.

(3) I graduated from India and my university is in the list on the BIA website (drop down list in the points calculator). Do I still need to include a certificate for english language (medium of education) with my application or only my degree certificate will do that.

(4) With my degree certificate do I need to send any semester marksheets as well?

purple2008
Newly Registered

urgent treatment

Post by purple2008 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:36 pm

I faxed an urgent treatment request on July 24. I just called HO to get an update and they said that my application wasn't added to the database until July 25 - which means they have no receipt of my urgent treatment fax. They also said my application hasn't been allocated to a case worker yet.

I mailed in my application on June 28, but I guess it is taking nearly 4 weeks to get cases added to the database.

I was advised to refax my urgent treatment request. Has anyone else experienced such difficulty with their urgent treatment requests? I'm afraid it'll never get to anyone's attention.

cui

Re: urgent treatment

Post by cui » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:41 pm

I applied on the same day as you did. Still not yet allocated to a case worker?! :evil:

Read from another thread that too many urgent treatment requirements have come through and the HO cannot take the supposed action on them, however, if the scenarios are work related, they would then have priority.

Worth well try fax them again...

Good luck and keep post your progress!!!
purple2008 wrote:I faxed an urgent treatment request on July 24. I just called HO to get an update and they said that my application wasn't added to the database until July 25 - which means they have no receipt of my urgent treatment fax. They also said my application hasn't been allocated to a case worker yet.

I mailed in my application on June 28, but I guess it is taking nearly 4 weeks to get cases added to the database.

I was advised to refax my urgent treatment request. Has anyone else experienced such difficulty with their urgent treatment requests? I'm afraid it'll never get to anyone's attention.

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Post by abcdhero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:

My ref number is PB3076.....

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Post by abcdhero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:

Hi jkotha, My ref number is PB3076.....

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Post by abcdhero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:13 pm

jkotha2000 wrote:

My ref number is PB3076.....

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Post by abcdhero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 pm

I am will waiting for it.... no change

tier1_seeker wrote:hi jkotha2000 and abcdhero,

jkotha2000 wrote:
abcdhero wrote:
jkotha2000 wrote:
Hi Hiro,

Ref letter 3rd June
WP-- Tier1
Hero,

Rgds

mankar
Newly Registered

Post by mankar » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:09 pm

Hi Hero,

Can you please post your previous earnings details? Like what proofs did you submit and etc?

Thanks.

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:59 am

I used to follow UKBA link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

and it got updated today for week starting 28th July (may be applicable for Tier1 also as its mentioned in the page)