ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sachin2823
Newly Registered

Naturalisation

Post by sachin2823 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am

Sorry Guys I couldn't get option to post in this area so replying.

I am eligible for British citizenship as I got my ILR in Nov 2018. Could anyone help me with following information?

1. what are the documents required?
2. I got degree from India so Do I need NARIC certificate again?
3. when I go to the link below it's asking about proof of your knowledge of english language. What is it?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1529046358

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sorry again

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalisation

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 pm

sachin2823 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 am

1. what are the documents required?
2. I got degree from India so Do I need NARIC certificate again?
3. when I go to the link below it's asking about proof of your knowledge of english language. What is it?
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1529046358
3. How did you manage to get any visa to live in the UK this entire time without fulfilling this requirement?

british-citizenship/citizenship-form-an ... l#p1857158

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 pm

This link explains what it is https://www.gov.uk/english-language your NARIC statement will fulfill this requirement. You also need the Life in the UK certificate.
3. How did you manage to get any visa to live in the UK this entire time without fulfilling this requirement?
There are all kinds of exemptions by which one could get to this stage without requiring the proof of knowledge of the English language.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:32 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:16 pm
There are all kinds of exemptions by which one could get to this stage without requiring the proof of knowledge of the English language.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions
😂 it’s such a shame you have no sense of humour.
It was meant to be a lightbulb moment for OP as he holds a naric already.
Any ways thank you so much for taking out time and posting a link to increase my knowledge.

xavieryves
Zimbabwe

Post by xavieryves » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:42 pm

It was only because I couldn't find the answer to the OP's question. I don't think needless sarcasm implying people are dumb disguised as humour (even when a laughing emoji is inserted to drive this point home) is what people are looking for when they come here. A straight forward answer is all.

aman90
Diamond Member

Post by aman90 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:14 pm

xavieryves wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:42 pm
It was only because I couldn't find the answer to the OP's question. I don't think needless sarcasm implying people are dumb disguised as humour (even when a laughing emoji is inserted to drive this point home) is what people are looking for when they come here. A straight forward answer is all.
😂😂😂 thanks for the advice but I’ll answer as I deem fit.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:20 pm

aman90 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:14 pm
xavieryves wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:42 pm
😂😂😂 thanks for the advice but I’ll answer as I deem fit.
Still no reason to insult members intelligence when posting sarcastic replies. All members need to post with respect. This isn't Comedy Central.

Members are free to ask any question to get clarity on their applications, regardless of how silly anyone thinks the question is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.