ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa and maintenance Fund

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Tier 4 visa and maintenance Fund

Post by swathi_ganesan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:58 pm

Hi ,

I am currently in T2 ICT dependent visa which is expiring in Feb'2020 and am planning to apply tier 4 visa from my Home country. below are my questions.

1. I have my maintenance Fund present in my Home country savings account , does the source of the money really matter ? could it have been a personal loan ? do they check how the funds were credited to my account ?

2. My Husband and 2 kids will move to Tier 4 dependent visa in country while he is working - Hope there is not problem in switching to tier 4 dependent from tier 2 ICT sticking to the same employer ?

3. For my above mentioned dependents - my husband is planning to source the money through a personal loan - is this advisable ? I can see recommendations about education loan for the Tier 4 main applicant - but cant see anything for dependents maintenance fund ? does the source become immaterial if we have the cash in our current/savings bank account ?

Any suggestions would be a great help to me. thanks in advance.

srsw

Re: Tier 4 visa and maintenance Fund

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:38 pm

1. Yes, they expect to know the source of the funds, especially large amounts deposited into your account or transactions that show cash deposits. If they are not satisfied with source of funds explanation then visa could be rejected.

2. Why do they want to do that? Is your husband's ICT visa too expiring? Can't he extend that visa? Once he switches visa to T4 dependant his ILR clock will reset I believe.

3. If your account has enough savings for many years then you don't need to worry about the source of funds, but same thing as point 1. Sudden recent deposits will have to be explained.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:44 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:38 pm
2. Why do they want to do that? Is your husband's ICT visa too expiring? Can't he extend that visa? Once he switches visa to T4 dependant his ILR clock will reset I
Tier 2 ICT does not lead to ILR based on 5 years residence. Presumably the ICT visa holder will switch to dependent visa for 12 months and then apply for tier 2 General.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Tier 2 ICT does not lead to ILR based on 5 years residence. Presumably the ICT visa holder will switch to dependent visa for 12 months and then apply for tier 2 General.
Thanks for the correction👍. In which case, makes sense to switch I guess.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:44 pm
srsw wrote:
2. Why do they want to do that? Is your husband's ICT visa too expiring? Can't he extend that visa? Once he switches visa to T4 dependant his ILR clock will reset I
Thanks for the response - my understanding is same - it will have to be either moving to tier 2 general after 12 months or a cumulative 10 year route whichever comes first ? Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:57 pm

srsw wrote:
1. Yes, they expect to know the source of the funds, especially large amounts deposited into your account or transactions that show cash deposits. If they are not satisfied with source of funds explanation then visa could be rejected.

2. Why do they want to do that? Is your husband's ICT visa too expiring? Can't he extend that visa? Once he switches visa to T4 dependant his ILR clock will reset I believe.

3. If your account has enough savings for many years then you don't need to worry about the source of funds, but same thing as point 1. Sudden recent deposits will have to be explained.
Hi @srsw , is there any reference to visa guidelines documentation that says which can be the source of funds ? Is it mandatory that the account should have maintained historically with enough funds ? Is that realistic ?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Have to check the guide or other ukvi sources, however, my cousin's tier 4 visa was rejected a few years ago as he didn't explain large deposits.

Basically, ukvi will try to find reasons to reject if they are not satisfied with your evidence.

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:28 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:22 pm
Have to check the guide or other ukvi sources, however, my cousin's tier 4 visa was rejected a few years ago as he didn't explain large deposits.

Basically, ukvi will try to find reasons to reject if they are not satisfied with your evidence.
Thanks , I see what you mean -

1. the statement that you submitted probably had a large deposit ? If it did not contain large deposit for the last 28 days , then I reckon it shouldn’t be a concern ?

2. In case there Is a large deposit and if I show proof of a personal loan -will that be acceptable or will that be seen as a liability ?

srsw

Post by srsw » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 pm

1. Yes, as long as your recent transactions, especially within last 28 days doesn't cover any cash deposits then you should be fine.

2. I'm note sure of personal loan for tier 4. If that's the only option then better to get it deposited a couple of months so it doesn't come in the 28 day statement. But best would be bank education loan, as it's recognised by UKVI, better interest rate than personal loan and you could potentially claim tax exemption on loan repayment.

Keep in mind that you need to show enough funds for course fee, living expenses, enough funds to support your dependants for up to 9 months or so. It does add up a lot. Hence edu loan better.

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 pm

srsw wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:53 pm
1. Yes, as long as your recent transactions, especially within last 28 days doesn't cover any cash deposits then you should be fine.

2. I'm note sure of personal loan for tier 4. If that's the only option then better to get it deposited a couple of months so it doesn't come in the 28 day statement. But best would be bank education loan, as it's recognised by UKVI, better interest rate than personal loan and you could potentially claim tax exemption on loan repayment.

Keep in mind that you need to show enough funds for course fee, living expenses, enough funds to support your dependants for up to 9 months or so. It does add up a lot. Hence edu loan better.
Sure , thank you for the detailed reply.

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:44 pm
srsw wrote:
Hi CR001/ All,

Just a follow up query on this , can my husband (tier 2 ICT) and my kids (tier 2 ICT dependents) move to tier 4 dependents in country ? Or do they need to travel to home country to switch ? Pls advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm

They can apply within the UK once your tier 4 has been granted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Thank you !

swathi_ganesan
Newly Registered

Post by swathi_ganesan » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:16 pm

swathi_ganesan wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:49 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm
Thank you !
Hi CR001 ,

Can you please advise on my original questions 1 & 3 ? Am summarising them below

1. Can I source my maintenance amount through a personal loan ? The guidelines only suggest about student educational loans.

2. Will an auto debit of my husbands pre existing personal loan in his bank statement be questioned (28 days statement that he will submit for dependents visa maintenance fund) ?

jeff_399
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by jeff_399 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:13 pm

srsw wrote:
Do they want to know the source even if I'm from a country listed in the appendix H (low risk)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:09 am

jeff_399 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:13 pm
srsw wrote:
Do they want to know the source even if I'm from a country listed in the appendix H (low risk)?
Please post your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another users thread!! It is unfair to other users and creates confusion.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/applying-for-ti ... l#p1858935
Char (CR001 not Casa)