ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lady getting married in UK on tourist visa.

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kauffmanandre
Newly Registered

Lady getting married in UK on tourist visa.

Post by kauffmanandre » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 am

Good morning all.
A friend's question.
She is in UK on a tourist visa ( 6 months about to expire in January ). She is a Brazilian lady.
She will get married on 26/12/2019 with a European guy ( Portuguese Citizenship ).
This European guy works in UK and has been living here for 1 year and 2 months. He already applied for the Pre-Settlement Scheme, its all done now.
They both are in UK and getting married here, London precisely.
Could some one explain to me the right way to apply for a visa or permit for this lady after getting married ?
I tried find out over the internet, but is a bit confusing.

I would appreciate if any one can help.
Thank you

kauffmanandre
Newly Registered

Re: Lady getting married in UK on tourist visa.

Post by kauffmanandre » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:31 am

kauffmanandre wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:07 am
Good morning all.
A friend's question.
She is in UK on a tourist visa ( 6 months about to expire in January ). She is a Brazilian lady.
She will get married on 26/12/2019 with a European guy ( Portuguese Citizenship ).
This European guy works in UK and has been living here for 1 year and 2 months. He already applied for the Pre-Settlement Scheme, its all done now.
They both are in UK and getting married here, London precisely.
Could some one explain to me the right way to apply for a visa or permit for this lady after getting married ?
I tried find out over the internet, but is a bit confusing.

" Just to make it clear, We know no person is allowed to get married on tourist visa in UK. The procedure was to first give notice at a registrar office, then she will wait for 28 days. As there was no objections to the marriage, She will get married on 26/12/2019. "

I would appreciate if any one can help.
Thank you

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Can't give you precise advice - however, tourist visa doesn't allow marriage, as far as I know.
And 26 December is Boxing Day - where are they getting married - is booked in a registry office?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iwolga

Post by iwolga » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:27 pm

however, tourist visa doesn't allow marriage, as far as I know
That is correct. You need to be on other types of visas to be able to get married.
I'm also not sure if something is opened in this country on 26th.

Did this couple get the date confirmed and the registration confirmed by HO? Not sure how this goes but as she is non-EU, registrar shall notify HO and can only marry them once an "OK" is received.