ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Arsenal86

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by Arsenal86 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:41 pm

It mean your getting your approval by post, you should call a council and ask them if they have received the certificate by homeoffice, if yes you can book the ceremony

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi Arsenal86

thank you so much for your positive answer.
i called my council yesterday they havn`t received it yet.

thank you indeed

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 am

cm19 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:32 am
Hustler123 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 pm
Hustler123 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:21 pm
cm19 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi sorry to hear that, have you made a SAR request yet?
Hey cm19
No I haven’t do you think I should make SAR request?and should I apply for basic records only?
I would if I were you. I would request for a detailed one so to have an understanding of what checks have been done and possibly have an idea of what is causing the delay, however I am not an immigration adviser it is just something I would definitely do. All the best
Hi! How to apply for SAR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:26 am

saamna wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 am
Hi! How to apply for SAR?
general-uk-immigration-forum/how-to-do- ... 35376.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 pm

I got this email after I ask them for updates, I just passed 5 month since I apply, looks like it will take longer, strange

Dear Mr/Mrs

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but we will contact you again if we require any further information.

Yours Sincerely

Managed Migration Support Team

Home Office

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 pm
I got this email after I ask them for updates, I just passed 5 month since I apply, looks like it will take longer, strange

Dear Mr/Mrs

We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6 month target. We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible but we will contact you again if we require any further information.

Yours Sincerely

Home Office
Hi Arsenal 86,

Can I ask what your status is?

Thanks

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 pm

Married with british citizen for 5 years, ILR since june , 2 british kids

winter1234
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by winter1234 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for your response.
I received same email recently.
I thought they delay citizenship application of refugees but it looks their criteria to delay applications are wider.
It looks they delay the applications based on your current status and nationality.
It looks to me very annoying.
Home office treatment policy is based on nationality and race.
If I were you I would do SAR.

Cocokrishan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Cocokrishan » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 pm

Dear Mr/Mrs

Yours Sincerely

Home Office
I received the same email last week. I have been waiting 7 months.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:30 pm

winter1234 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:49 pm
Arsenal86 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Thanks for your response.
I received same email recently.
I thought they delay citizenship application of refugees but it looks their criteria to delay applications are wider.
It looks they delay the applications based on your current status and nationality.
It looks to me very annoying.
Home office treatment policy is based on nationality and race.
If I were you I would do SAR.
I agree with you, I dont know about SAR, I will wait untill my 6 month completed and I will apply for SAR , this is disgusting how they treat people, they charge them 1380 for aplication and they dont tell you nothing

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi there,

I just wondered does any body know whether SAR (Subject Access Request) helps in speeding up the naturalisation application. It has been more than 7 months that I have applied and am still waiting.

thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm

wadan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:06 pm
Hi there,

I just wondered does any body know whether SAR (Subject Access Request) helps in speeding up the naturalisation application. It has been more than 7 months that I have applied and am still waiting.

thanks
No it doesn't. A SAR is only a request for information HO holds on you, nothing more than that.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:08 pm
wadan wrote:
Hi there,

thanks
No it doesn't. A SAR is only a request for information HO holds on you, nothing more than that.
Thank you for your response on this. I also wondered I have applied for my naturalisation but have not included my wife and children. Can I apply for them separately even before my application is not yet approved? Can any of you comment on this if they know or have had such experience before?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:08 pm

wadan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm
CR001 wrote:
wadan wrote:
Hi there,

thanks
Thank you for your response on this. I also wondered I have applied for my naturalisation but have not included my wife and children. Can I apply for them separately even before my application is not yet approved? Can any of you comment on this if they know or have had such experience before?

Thanks in advance
If your wife has held ilr for 12 months, has English B1 and LIUK, then yes she can apply if she meets all the requirements. Same for child, if they hold ilr they can apply with your spouse.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm

Hello members

Today I received invitation letter from council so after 8 month this journey has ended after listening from top barristers and solicitors they said you cant get nationality yet cos overstayer for 9 months but if you strong believe on god (Allah swt ) and prayers Allah can change people thoughts and heart for you thanks very much all members who give me hope and information thanks every body bless you and dont hopeless .

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 pm

congratulation Zeebro44 , happy for you indeed

Cocokrishan
Newly Registered
Mood:
Kenya

Post by Cocokrishan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:02 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Hello members

Today I received invitation letter from council so after 8 month this journey has ended after listening from top barristers and solicitors they said you cant get nationality yet cos overstayer for 9 months but if you strong believe on god (Allah swt ) and prayers Allah can change people thoughts and heart for you thanks very much all members who give me hope and information thanks every body bless you and dont hopeless .
Congratulations!

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Massive congratulations bro and i am so happy for you! I am hoping i get mine soon as i'm waiting since 1st April

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Congratulations bro, very happy for you, can I ask after how many weeks after you received the email that your application will take more than 6 month you wrote to them again and they told you is with caseworker, as I received 1 week ago that email my aplication will take longer than 6 month. Thanks

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:22 am

Sous49 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:38 pm
congratulation Zeebro44 , happy for you indeed
Thanks very much

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 am

sam86ds wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:22 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Massive congratulations bro and i am so happy for you! I am hoping i get mine soon as i'm waiting since 1st April
Thanks Sam I hope your is on the way inshallah soon you will receive approval.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:23 am

Cocokrishan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:02 pm
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Congratulations!
Thanks very much dear

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:26 am

Arsenal86 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Congratulations bro, very happy for you, can I ask after how many weeks after you received the email that your application will take more than 6 month you wrote to them again and they told you is with caseworker, as I received 1 week ago that email my aplication will take longer than 6 month. Thanks
Thank you bro its take 7 months I recieved email they said your application is being prepared for caseworker and after month I got email with caseworker and after week I got approval so its whole process toke 8 months and 10 days

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:26 am
Arsenal86 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Thank you bro its take 7 months I recieved email they said your application is being prepared for caseworker and after month I got email with caseworker and after week I got approval so its whole process toke 8 months and 10 days
Thank you bro

wadan
Newly Registered

Post by wadan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:08 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:08 pm
wadan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:56 pm
CR001 wrote:
wadan wrote:
Hi there,

thanks

Thanks in advance
If your wife has held ilr for 12 months, has English B1 and LIUK, then yes she can apply if she meets all the requirements. Same for child, if they hold ilr they can apply with your spouse.
Hi CR001 thanks for your response. and good to know that my wife can apply. Yes she has got B1 and LIUK test passed. This is a bit personal to ask but wondered whether you are suggesting this based on your personal experience or your knowledge and understanding of the rules. Thanks