ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 4 Student starting a business outside UK

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freeko12345
Newly Registered
India

UK Tier 4 Student starting a business outside UK

Post by freeko12345 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:24 am

Can an International student on a UK Tier 4 Visa start a business in a foreign country (Shareholding in a new Pvt. Ltd. Firm in Russia or Ghana) ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: UK Tier 4 Student starting a business outside UK

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:53 am

Their work conditions do not allow them to run a business while they are in the UK on a Tier 4 visa. There is no specific exception for a business that is outside the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

freeko12345
Newly Registered
India

Post by freeko12345 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:12 am

Uk authorities do not have any concerns out of the UK.

A student can do work or business out of the UK but you should confirm rules and regulations in Russia to do a business.

This is what I got from another expert

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:40 am

You are conflating two different matters. Of course someone with a Tier 4 visa can work outside the UK. Their Tier 4 work conditions do indeed only restrict or prohibit certain activities undertaken while the student is in the UK.

But the running, operating and managing of an overseas business would be undertaken while they are studying in UK, hence it would be prohibited.

The work conditions are in part about ensuring that someone's main purpose in the UK is their sponsored study. Running businesses and (as per your other topic) buying and renting out houses, or especially doing both, does not seem to be in that spirit. I would advise asking yourself, is this activity something I am perfectly confident is allowed, and I would be happy to tell the entry clearance officer that I plan to do it while I am studying in the UK? If not, don't do it.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/tier-4-student- ... l#p1857929
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

freeko12345
Newly Registered
India

Post by freeko12345 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:43 am

Thanks a lot