ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ANY WAY I CAN BE DENIED ENTRY AS NOW EU CITIZEN??

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snobace
Newly Registered
Italy

ANY WAY I CAN BE DENIED ENTRY AS NOW EU CITIZEN??

Post by snobace » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:25 am

Hi,
In the last 2 years I was denied entry into the UK 2 times as a US citizen and was recommended to get a visa to enter. Since then I have been recognized as Italian, and now have my Italian passport and citizenship. I want to move to the UK before Brexit happens on January 31, 2020 but am worried about a possible refusal to enter due to my refusal on my US passport. Is there anything I should be worried about or does that not matter now that I am from the EU? Any help is very appreciated

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ANY WAY I CAN BE DENIED ENTRY AS NOW EU CITIZEN??

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:08 pm

What were the reasons for entry denial?
Even as an EU citizen you could be denied entry on public policy/protection grounds, and is the case for all EU countries.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

snobace
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by snobace » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:05 pm

@alterhase58 I was denied on the basis that that were not satisfied that I was a true visitor of the UK. At that point I only had my US citizenship so they were looking into things like job history, finances, etc. I had also come into the country numerous times to see my boyfriend so they didnt like that and thought I was trying to move there (I wasnt at the time as I was waiting to sort out my Italian citizenship)

JohndoesUK
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nambia

Post by JohndoesUK » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:06 pm

You will most likely have no issue being allowed into the UK as a EU citizen. This is especially true if you have no serious criminal convictions under your belt. The bar for EU citizens is much lower than for non-EU citizens so just because you weren't able to come as a non-EU citizen does not mean you will not be able to come here as an Italian.

To put it into perspective, in 2014 only around 1 in 20000 EU citizens where rejected at the border whilst the rejection rate for non-EU citizens seeking a visitor visa hovers around 1 in 10. The vast majority of the EU citizens rejected will have served time for serious convictions.