ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:21 pm

wadan wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:08 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:08 pm
If your wife has held ilr for 12 months, has English B1 and LIUK, then yes she can apply if she meets all the requirements. Same for child, if they hold ilr they can apply with your spouse.
Hi CR001 thanks for your response. and good to know that my wife can apply. Yes she has got B1 and LIUK test passed. This is a bit personal to ask but wondered whether you are suggesting this based on your personal experience or your knowledge and understanding of the rules. Thanks
The rules are very clear on the requirements, so not sure why you need confirmation or what exactly is unclear.

There is no dependent British citizenship application. Each person applying must meet the requirements individually.

I applied as spouse of BC so did not have to hold ilr for 12 months. In all other cases of form AN for adults, 12 months is mandatory if their spouse is not British.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello guys quick question can I attend private cermoney with council invitation letter or I have to wait for HO letter as wel cos it's just council sent me invitation letter.

Gurly93
Newly Registered

Post by Gurly93 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Hello everyone!

I have applied on the 09/10/19 attended biometrics on the 21/10/19 still not heard anything from HO sould I consider emailing them for updates??

I have been in the UK for 12 years, married a BC and have 2 BC children...

I had ILR for 10 months at the time of application also I have filled out form and sent it myself without the help of an immigration adviser I have been told that these two factors could contribute to delay is that true?

Any help or contribution will be greatly appreciated thank you...

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Gurly93 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:49 pm
Hello everyone!

I have applied on the 09/10/19 attended biometrics on the 21/10/19 still not heard anything from HO sould I consider emailing them for updates??

I have been in the UK for 12 years, married a BC and have 2 BC children...

I had ILR for 10 months at the time of application also I have filled out form and sent it myself without the help of an immigration adviser I have been told that these two factors could contribute to delay is that true?

Any help or contribution will be greatly appreciated thank you...
It can take up to 6 months as standard for a decision. It’s only been 2 months. Submitting the application yourself would not make it slower unless you omitted something or made an error.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Hello guys quick question can I attend private cermoney with council invitation letter or I have to wait for HO letter as wel cos it's just council sent me invitation letter.
Bro I am not 100% sure but I think you need to wait for a letter from Homeoffice, just give a call to the council and ask them, I am sure they will tell you what exactly you need to bring

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:32 am

After 8 and half months I have received this email from HO.

Thank you for your e-mail

This is an e-mail facility.

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days

Thank you

FMT

Arsenal86

Post by Arsenal86 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:56 am

sam86ds wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:32 am

Thank you

FMT
That's a good news Sam, congrats

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:09 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:11 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:47 pm
Bro I am not 100% sure but I think you need to wait for a letter from Homeoffice, just give a call to the council and ask them, I am sure they will tell you what exactly you need to bring
Thanks for your help full reply today I received brown envelope from HO I booked for coming Friday inshallah I will update after ceremony.

UK2020000
Newly Registered

Post by UK2020000 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Hey guys. I have applied over 8 months ago and last week I received an email from the following address NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk saying that I will be contacted by post within 21 working days which according to this forum is generally a good news however, as I had sent another email to Further nationality email address, today I have received that automated reply which says your application will take more than 6 month and the decision is ongoing!!!!
Has anyone experienced the same thing? Receiving that 21 working by post email and then receiving this disappointing email by further nationality???

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:46 pm

Arsenal86 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:56 am
sam86ds wrote:

Thank you

FMT
That's a good news Sam, congrats
Congrats sam bro in advance

bpatmens

Post by bpatmens » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:19 pm

To my understanding, being contacted by post within 21 days does not mean it's a good news so I would wait to receive the content of the brown envelope. All the best though; as it's long overdue. Please share the news when it comes in.

Shah_123
Newly Registered

Post by Shah_123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:28 am

Zeebro44 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:43 pm
Hello members

Today I received invitation letter from council so after 8 month this journey has ended after listening from top barristers and solicitors they said you cant get nationality yet cos overstayer for 9 months but if you strong believe on god (Allah swt ) and prayers Allah can change people thoughts and heart for you thanks very much all members who give me hope and information thanks every body bless you and dont hopeless .
Many congratulations. Happy for you :) i applied 16th april so almost same time frame as yours. Hot an email last week from caseworker asking copy of my degree. They recieved UK Naric certificates but not degree. I sent it through email within an hoir of recieving the email. Im hoping i will hear good news soon IA. But How long it can take once its with case worker and they ask additional document?
Thx

Zeebro44

Post by Zeebro44 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:34 am

Shah_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:28 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Today I received invitation letter from council so after 8 month this journey has ended after listening from top barristers and solicitors they said you cant get nationality yet cos overstayer for 9 months but if you strong believe on god (Allah swt ) and prayers Allah can change people thoughts and heart for you thanks very much all members who give me hope and information thanks every body bless you and dont hopeless .
Many congratulations. Happy for you :) i applied 16th april so almost same time frame as yours. Hot an email last week from caseworker asking copy of my degree. They recieved UK Naric certificates but not degree. I sent it through email within an hoir of recieving the email. Im hoping i will hear good news soon IA. But How long it can take once its with case worker and they ask additional document?
Thx
Thank you dear.i hope this week before friday you will get approval when I recieved email my case is with caseworker after 5 days I got approval and invitation from council it's not taking long may days or week .congrats in advance

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:26 pm

Hi there

Many congratulation to all who got their brown magic envelop
I have received the email from the nationality support on the 5th of December advising that I will be contacted by post within 21 days.it is the 17th and nothing received

This wait is a nightmare

All the best guys

Adyslim123
Newly Registered

Post by Adyslim123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:51 pm

Hello try to call your council and see if they have received it . That's what I have done and they told me they've received it and I booked for the ceremony already and I received the invitation letter today. But still didn't receive any brown envelope yet.
Good luck.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:31 pm

hello Adislim123

So many congratulations for you .
Contacted them today and they haven't received anything

so i am still waiting :] .
Thank you

Shah_123
Newly Registered

Post by Shah_123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Zeebro44 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:34 am
Shah_123 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:28 am
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Thx
Thank you dear.i hope this week before friday you will get approval when I recieved email my case is with caseworker after 5 days I got approval and invitation from council it's not taking long may days or week .congrats in advance
Thnx Zeebro44. Just praying for good outcome and hoping same for everyone here 👍

waelayoub

Post by waelayoub » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi,

I'm just wondering, can we tell from "Prove your right to work" website if a BC application is approved? Does the page get updated if the application is approved? It was helpful when i applied for ILR and knew that i was granted ILR when my page on that website was updated. Any idea?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm

waelayoub wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi,

I'm just wondering, can we tell from "Prove your right to work" website if a BC application is approved? Does the page get updated if the application is approved? It was helpful when i applied for ILR and knew that i was granted ILR when my page on that website was updated. Any idea?
No it has nothing to do with citizenship applications. The right to work website is for immigration applications and not British citizen applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

waelayoub

Post by waelayoub » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:56 pm
waelayoub wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:52 pm
Hi,

No it has nothing to do with citizenship applications. The right to work website is for immigration applications and not British citizen applications.
I thought they remove the records once bc application is approved. Thanks for clarification

Chikonjiwe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zambia

Post by Chikonjiwe » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:08 pm

:mrgreen:
Zeebro44 wrote:
Hello members

Congratulations! With God everything is possible xxxxxx

PPTP
Mood:
Madagascar

Post by PPTP » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello everyone.
I sent an email lastSunday to provide an update. received today an email from totally different email address from MMST FCT Callnotes

The reply is :

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that you have successfully enrolled your biometrics.

Your application will now continue to progress until a decision is made.

We will contact you if we require any further information from you throughout the course of the application process. Please note; we will not contact you to provide regular updates and cannot provide a definitive application processing timescale.

I suspect that nothing had been even moved since I submitted the biometrics in September. Any ideas?

Thank you.

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm

sam86ds wrote:

Thank you

FMT
Update

I called up today to my local council and asked them if they have received my certificate and they confirmed they have got my certificate!
Now I’m waiting for my approval letter!

wiiq1

Post by wiiq1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:29 pm

Dear members,
i am in deep stress if anyone can help me please i received email last month from case worker that based on my application date i must be in the country 5years before but i was on holidays for 3 days the case worker asked me to re declare form and send via email which i did now its been almost 3 weeks and i didnt hear anything yet called council but they havnt received anything yet.
Can anyone please guide will it gonna take long to get any results because of that its already been more than 8 months please guide.

Sous49
Mood:

Post by Sous49 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:18 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:16 pm
sam86ds wrote:

Thank you

FMT
Update

I called up today to my local council and asked them if they have received my certificate and they confirmed they have got my certificate!
Now I’m waiting for my approval letter!

happy for you, so many congratulations