ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Removal from UK notice

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Abike19
Newly Registered
Grenada

Removal from UK notice

Post by Abike19 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:21 am

Hi all,
I hope I am posting in the correct place.
My partner of 8 years recieved a letter a few days ago stating he has been no right to be in the UK and he should leave. He is on immigration bail in the meantime.
He was born here in 1984, lived here until he was 4 then returned to Africa with his family. He came back here when he was 19 and had been here since, he is now 35.
We have kids together and have lived together for nearly 7 years.

What is the best course of action?
We are seeking legal advice but I just wanted to get an idea of how to proceed.

Thank you all in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Removal from UK notice

Post by seagul » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Abike19 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:21 am
Hi all,
I hope I am posting in the correct place.
My partner of 8 years recieved a letter a few days ago stating he has been no right to be in the UK and he should leave. He is on immigration bail in the meantime.
He was born here in 1984, lived here until he was 4 then returned to Africa with his family. He came back here when he was 19 and had been here since, he is now 35.
We have kids together and have lived together for nearly 7 years.

What is the best course of action?
We are seeking legal advice but I just wanted to get an idea of how to proceed.

Thank you all in advance
Cheapest, fastest and slightly less stress free will be to return back home and apply from there.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:10 am

What was the immigration status of his parents when he was born in the UK? Did either parent have ILR at the time of his birth?

Are you married or are you in a relationship akin to marriage? If the latter, do you have proof of joint finances (joint bank accounts, mortgages, etc)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Abike19
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Abike19 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Hi,
His parents did not have ILR they were both Nigerian at the time. His dad owned 2 houses here so they were always in and out.

We have been unable to get married but have a joint bank account, he's on council tax, water bills etc

Abike19
Newly Registered
Grenada

Post by Abike19 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 pm

@ Seagul I think the fear of him leaving then never being able to return due to overstaying scares us