ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any Tier-1 (General) new applicants??

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

jkotha2000

Re: Updates

Post by jkotha2000 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:53 pm

laskk wrote:Hi P malik,

did u hear any think on urs application.

regards,
laskk
pcmalik wrote:Hi jkotha2000,

Did you try calling HO today for any updates?
Malik,

Yes I did, my application is under consideration and they do not know any ETA. I have also faxed urgent treatment saying that the current WP is expiring during first week of Aug and required to be extended in case of denial.

What is ur status...?

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:56 am

Same was the reply for me as well ... under consideration
jkotha2000 wrote:

regards,
laskk

Malik,

Yes I did, my application is under consideration and they do not know any ETA. I have also faxed urgent treatment saying that the current WP is expiring during first week of Aug and required to be extended in case of denial.

What is ur status...?

shashank2361

Called Home office Today

Post by shashank2361 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:13 am

Hi
I submitted my documents for tier 1 on 14th July,
I called HO today, They said that they are not able to provide any information now, Currently they are dealing with the applications of 10th June, It will probably take around a month for my application to assign it to any Case worker.

mbasaaga

Re: Called Home office Today

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 am

Thanks for the info. They have got totally stuck on 10th June since 21st July.
shashank2361 wrote:Hi
I submitted my documents for tier 1 on 14th July,
I called HO today, They said that they are not able to provide any information now, Currently they are dealing with the applications of 10th June, It will probably take around a month for my application to assign it to any Case worker.

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 am

Hi guys,

I called home office today and the customer services informed me that my application is under consideration and my case worker had put a note on my application on 16th July saying: "Waiting for 2nd set of bank statements". Customer service person was unable to speak to my case worker at that moment to clarify on this note as I had already submitted 13 months bank statement along with my application. Customer service person informed me that case worker will send a mail/letter if incase he wants any additional documents from me and if hasn't sent any mail/letter then probably he don't want any additional documents from me. I have not received any mail/letter regarding this yet ... I am wondering why the CW has put such a note on my application whereas I have already supplied 12+1 months bank statements.

It looks like a deadlock to me :( , CW is waiting for me <not sure whether he actually is waiting for me> and I am waiting for CW to respond.

I have sent a mail to the home office to clarify on CW's note.

Can anyone else suggest what else can I do to make my application moving?
pcmalik wrote:Same was the reply for me as well ... under consideration
jkotha2000 wrote:

regards,
laskk

Malik,

What is ur status...?

Need HSMP
Newly Registered

Post by Need HSMP » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:44 am

[quote="pcmalik"]I have sent a mail to the home office to clarify on CW's note.

[quote="pcmalik"]

You have done a good thing by mailing to them mentioning the dead lock situation. My experience is they respond to fax messages quicker than emails.

On a different note, I think HO is not providing any clear cut info. For more than a week they are processing applications upto 10th. And we have not seen any approvals after 5th June (without an urgent treatment). So it looks like a long wait.

Can anybody throw some light on why HO has scrapped the earlier process of approvals first and then visa stamping. In that case, at least the passports used to be with the applicants. And the visa stamping process used to be faster. (Correct me if I am wrong)

My details:
Applied for WP to Tier 1 from UK on : 16-June-2008
Received Reference letter on : 23-June-2008 (Ref letter dated 17-June-2008)

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Post by summerleaf » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:46 am

Probably your casework went for holiday after putting the note on your application?

pcmalik wrote:Hi guys,

I called home office today and the customer services informed me that my application is under consideration and my case worker had put a note on my application on 16th July saying: "Waiting for 2nd set of bank statements". Customer service person was unable to speak to my case worker at that moment to clarify on this note as I had already submitted 13 months bank statement along with my application. Customer service person informed me that case worker will send a mail/letter if incase he wants any additional documents from me and if hasn't sent any mail/letter then probably he don't want any additional documents from me. I have not received any mail/letter regarding this yet ... I am wondering why the CW has put such a note on my application whereas I have already supplied 12+1 months bank statements.

It looks like a deadlock to me :( , CW is waiting for me <not sure whether he actually is waiting for me> and I am waiting for CW to respond.

I have sent a mail to the home office to clarify on CW's note.

pcmalik wrote:Same was the reply for me as well ... under consideration
jkotha2000 wrote:

regards,
laskk
Malik,

What is ur status...?

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:11 am

Hey catchmk

did u try to find out which date they have reached now? one of the members in this forum called and his application is in progress (his reference dated 17th june)

regards,

catchmk wrote:How can a "highly skilled migrant" not know where to download the form?

Forums are there for helping each other. No one argues with that.

If you have an issue with someone here, take it with them privately. What is the need for public tantrums? Looking for more hands to join in? And do what?

I can atleast digest tieronevisa for rasing his objections to mehta, but s_ram's reply is pathetic. Was he waiting for someone to raise their voice and then do a chorus?

** HANGS HEAD IN SHAME **

joshi80
Newly Registered

Post by joshi80 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:29 pm

we r sharing the same date i spoke to HO they inform me my file is with case worker nothing eals.

xvid2006
Newly Registered

Long wait

Post by xvid2006 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:43 pm

I have contacted HO 3 times since last week and every time they declined to tell status of my application. They did mention that they are processing application around 10th-11th June.

Here are my timelines

Sent by RM Sp. Delivery: 10th June
Fees Deducted: 11th June
Ref. No. Sent: 11th June
Ref. No.: PB309*

Dunno how long will it take?

IronMan
Newly Registered

Post by IronMan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:42 pm

I got my Passport back today from HO with Tier 1 approved.
I have the limited leave in UK up until 18 Jul 2011.

Points claimed:
Age- 20
Earnings - 40
Degree - 30
Maintainence - 10
English - 10 (Toefl)

Documents provided (All originals)
10,12 and Undergrad Degree certificates
Payslips and bank statements (stamped and signed)
Toefl Score Report
One month bank statements for Maintainence ( applied before 29 June)
I have been studying here for a year. So, also gave a letter from Univ stating that I am a student, so earnings before I was a student were taken into account.

Here are my timelines: Student -> Tier 1 ; within UK
Applied: June 2, 2008
Acknowledgment received on June 7, 2008 ( dated June 4, 2008)
Mail from Case Worker to complete application form: Jul 15, 2008
Sent mail with completed application: Jul 15, 2008
Visa Approved on 21 Jul 2008
Documents received on 29 Jul, 2008

Now, I can go home to India for a while, before I join work.
All the best to all of you who are still waiting and are intending to apply.

Cheers,
IronMan ... :D

pr4t4p

Hello !

Post by pr4t4p » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:50 pm

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:49 pm Post subject: Hello !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Guys,
I have finally got my visa extended ! what a relief ..........
I applied for my extension on the 24th April refering to the JR ... although I did scored 75 points, i had no intentions to come into the new Tier1 system... I have had used the Tier1 application forms submitted all the required documents but never higlighted my salary on the statements, I didnt even submit my english language requirment.
I would like to thanks everyone over here who helped me a lot... I have been a regular member here and intend to do so... if any1 need any kind of help from me, please feel free to email me or contact me ... My contact details are on my profile ... although I feel the old rules are back on the website and should be easier now for people to go through that.
Anyways, thanks a million again to all those who helped answering my queries .... specially Vinay Shanti ...
Regards,

Ajay Jarkani

dominicprabhu
Newly Registered

Tier 1

Post by dominicprabhu » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 pm

All,
I had applied for tier 1 on 23 June.I ad recieved communication about money been taken ,as of today no other communication.

I had applied through an agency in UK..Any feed backs or comments for me..

p.s - this is an excellent forum...cheers to whose ever has created this

Dom

abcdhero
Newly Registered

Status of my application

Post by abcdhero » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:15 pm

Latest status as on 29-July-2008:

Application sent through royal mail - 31 May 2008 (WP to Tier 1)
Received HO reference letter dated 03 June 2008
Status on 26-July-2008: Awaiting

I observe that some who applied on 4th June have already got Visa. Wondering why mine is taking so long.

grant1
Member of Standing

Post by grant1 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:52 pm

Hello guys,

Just a quick question, i have been reading the forum for quite sometime and people post the processing times all the time and also wht date applications HO is working on.

for example, when we say HO is working on 10th june applications, wht does that mean? does 10th of june here means the date when they recieved the application or is it the date on the refrence letter??

Please advise.

Regards :)

mbasaaga

Post by mbasaaga » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:03 am

I read in this forum that this is the date when the payment was deducted. Although the HO says they are processing till 10th June, and it will be 2 weeks before they move further however; one of the members who had his payment deducted on 13th June, has his case assigned to a caseworker. Cant say what to make out of it.

regards,
grant1 wrote:Hello guys,

Just a quick question, i have been reading the forum for quite sometime and people post the processing times all the time and also wht date applications HO is working on.

for example, when we say HO is working on 10th june applications, wht does that mean? does 10th of june here means the date when they recieved the application or is it the date on the refrence letter??

Please advise.

Regards :)

pcmalik

Updates

Post by pcmalik » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

Has anyone who had applied during 1st week of june got their tier1 approved ?

I had applied on 4th june, just wondering whether it's my only case which is pending or there are others as well in the queue?

joshi80
Newly Registered

Post by joshi80 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:24 am

we r in same boat i am also waiting for my tier 1

Apply on :4 th june
pcmalik wrote:Has anyone who had applied during 1st week of june got their tier1 approved ?

I had applied on 4th june, just wondering whether it's my only case which is pending or there are others as well in the queue?

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:37 pm

Thanks Joshi,

Have you tried calling HO asking about your application status ?

joshi80 wrote:we r in same boat i am also waiting for my tier 1

Apply on :4 th june
pcmalik wrote:Has anyone who had applied during 1st week of june got their tier1 approved ?

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

exchange rate for computing equivalent GBP

Post by tier1_visa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Could anyone guide me which exchange rate is to be used to calculate the equivalent GBP ? For eg , for my salary in Aug 2007 , I should take the exchange rate as on 1st Sep or the exchange rate when I apply for Tier1

summerleaf
Newly Registered

Re: exchange rate for computing equivalent GBP

Post by summerleaf » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:50 pm

I read from this forum that the HO use the exchange rate at the time when you are paid. that is, for your salary in August 2007, they will use the exchange rate in August 2007.
tier1_visa wrote:Could anyone guide me which exchange rate is to be used to calculate the equivalent GBP ? For eg , for my salary in Aug 2007 , I should take the exchange rate as on 1st Sep or the exchange rate when I apply for Tier1

gautam_309

Post by gautam_309 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:19 pm

---

PC, i have applied on 9th June and got visa delivered to me on 16th July. I have requested for Urgent treatment

pcmalik

Post by pcmalik » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:22 pm

Gautam,

I had followed your previous messages so I know your status.

Anyway thanks for putting your valuable time to write this message
gautam_309 wrote:

---

PC, i have applied on 9th June and got visa delivered to me on 16th July. I have requested for Urgent treatment

marbin
Newly Registered

Post by marbin » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:34 pm

Is it possible to provide a format of urgent request letter please?

gautam_309 wrote:

---

tier1_visa
Newly Registered

format of urgent letter

Post by tier1_visa » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:59 pm

Gautam .. can you do a copy paste of the urgent letter in the forum , as most of us are interested in this .. thanks

[PC, i have applied on 9th June and got visa delivered to me on 16th July. I have requested for Urgent treatment][/quote]