ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student dependent visa and Post study work visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sktrajenderan
Newly Registered
India

Student dependent visa and Post study work visa

Post by sktrajenderan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi,

My wife is doing Masters in Southampton university. We are living in UK for a while and planning to switch to dependent visa [Tier 2 to Tier 4 Student Dependent] for my self and my kids. I am having queries on dependent visa and Post study work visa.

1. What are the documents are required to apply dependent visa ?
2. Is it possible to switch dependent visa within UK?
3. Does Post study work visa visa applicable for September 2019 intake ? If yes, What is the process to apply PSW visa ?

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Student dependent visa and Post study work visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:40 pm

The psw visa is not even in place yet. Unclear if you are asking about switching to tier 4 dependent or PSE dependent.

uk-tier-4-student-visas/new-graduate-vi ... l#p1855251
sah10406 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:53 am
MarthaM wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:34 pm
I see that you can apply for a skilled job, but what are the conditions surrounding that? Do we still need a certificate of sponsorship
You are asking about the detail of immigration rules that will be in place for skilled workers after summer 2023, and that is currently unknown. It is highly likely that there will be a new post-Brexit immigration system in place by then. For what the current government proposes for skilled workers route post-Brexit, see the White Paper published in December 2018:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ion-system

The proposed skilled worker route seems likely to be similar to the current Tier 2 scheme, but the fine detail remains to be seen.

Needless to say, it is also not known whether those switching from the as-yet not implemented Graduate route into as-yet unconfirmed skilled work route will benefit from the same advantages as those currently switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2.
uk-tier-4-student-visas/new-graduate-im ... 93508.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ki1246
Newly Registered

Post by ki1246 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi sktrajenderan,

I am also applying for a student tier 4 visa from India. Could you please help with some queries with the visa application. I am currently on a dependent visa, but going back to India to apply for a student visa. In the application, I have a few queries about spouse information,
Your current partner details? in application:
My partner is presently in the UK and will be in Uk while I am applying for a visa in India. Do I need to give all his details including his present address, contact details, and passport details?
will this affect on a decision on my application?
Thank you

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:56 am

ki1246 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 pm
Do I need to give all his details including his present address, contact details, and passport details?
You need to give any details that the form asks you for.
ki1246 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:25 pm
will this affect on a decision on my application?
Withholding the information certainly would.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

ki1246
Newly Registered

Post by ki1246 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Thank you sah1040