ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sqmeb
Mood:

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by sqmeb » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Shidd1994 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am
• Country of applicant: Morocco

• Visa type: Spouse Settlement (Husband)

• Standard or Priority: Standard

• Visa processing office: Sheffield, UK

• Online application submitted: 5th August 2019

• All documents scanned/uploaded: 15th August 2019 (Self-scanned)

• Biometrics taken: 19th August 2019

• Email from TLS: 19th August 2019 - 'Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.'

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 3rd September 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.' - 11th working day from biometrics.

• 30th working day from biometrics: 30th September 2019 - No updates.

• Emailed UKVI for an update (payed £5.48): 10th October 2019 - 38th working day from biometrics.

• Received an emailed response from UKVI: 11th October 2019 - 'With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.' - 39th working day from biometrics.

• Email from the Home Office in Sheffield: 28th October 2019 - 'UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.
We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents. If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.' - 50th working day from biometrics.

• 30th October 2019: Sent copies of all original supporting documents via post to the TLS Scanning Hub in London as well as the receipt proving that I successfully uploaded the documents and that they were approved and accepted on 15th August 2019, and also a letter from my solicitor addressing the Home Office in Sheffield explaining the circumstances. - 52nd working day from biometrics.

• Another email from the Sheffield Home Office: 7th November 2019 - 'Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.' - 58th working day from biometrics.

• 60th working day from biometrics: 11th November 2019 - No updates.

• UKVI called Sponsor & Employer: No.

• Email from TLS: 11th December 2019: 'Application ready for collection.' - 82nd working day from biometrics.

VISA GRANTED: (Date on letter: 9th December 2019)
Congratulations on your husbands visa! My husband is from Morocco too, do you mind telling me when he did his TB test, how long it is valid for, when (and if) he didn’t the English test, how long it is valid for and was this all done in Rabat/Casablanca?

Also, how much did you guys pay for both tests?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:21 am

[/quote]

Congratulations on your husbands visa! My husband is from Morocco too, do you mind telling me when he did his TB test, how long it is valid for, when (and if) he didn’t the English test, how long it is valid for and was this all done in Rabat/Casablanca?

[/quote]

TB test result is valid for 6 months ND should be valid on the date of application.
UKVI approved English test Is valid for 2 years and if more than A1 I. E. A2 or B1 can still be used after expiry for subsequent application so far still on the HO list at such times.
Why not check from or contact the relevant providers of the tests?

Shidd1994
Newly Registered

Post by Shidd1994 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:49 pm

sqmeb wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:

• Email from TLS: 19th August 2019 - 'Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.'

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 3rd September 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.' - 11th working day from biometrics.

• Emailed UKVI for an update (payed £5.48): 10th October 2019 - 38th working day from biometrics.

• Received an emailed response from UKVI: 11th October 2019 - 'With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision.' - 39th working day from biometrics.

• Email from the Home Office in Sheffield: 28th October 2019 - 'UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.
We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.
PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents. If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.' - 50th working day from biometrics.

• 30th October 2019: Sent copies of all original supporting documents via post to the TLS Scanning Hub in London as well as the receipt proving that I successfully uploaded the documents and that they were approved and accepted on 15th August 2019, and also a letter from my solicitor addressing the Home Office in Sheffield explaining the circumstances. - 52nd working day from biometrics.

• Another email from the Sheffield Home Office: 7th November 2019 - 'Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.' - 58th working day from biometrics.

• Email from TLS: 11th December 2019: 'Application ready for collection.' - 82nd working day from biometrics.

Thank you! He did his A1 English test and TB test in Rabat.

TB test was done 19/07/19 and expires 19/01/20 - So it's valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The cost is about 600-1000 moroccan dirhams. I can't remember the exact amount. Sorry :(

A1 English test costs 1865 moroccan dirhams and is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

Hope this help :)

sqmeb
Mood:

Post by sqmeb » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:21 pm

Shidd1994 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:49 pm
sqmeb wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:

Thank you! He did his A1 English test and TB test in Rabat.

TB test was done 19/07/19 and expires 19/01/20 - So it's valid for 6 months from the date of issue. The cost is about 600-1000 moroccan dirhams. I can't remember the exact amount. Sorry :(

A1 English test costs 1865 moroccan dirhams and is valid for 2 years from the date of issue.

Hope this help :)
Thank you so much!! Jazakallah khair x

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm

Application Category: Settlement Husband
Priority level: Non-Priority
Application submitted (Online): 05/09/2019
Biometrics enrolled: 18/09/2019
Email Recieved from ECO: 10/10/2019
Sponsor and applicant interview invite: 21/11/2019
Sponsor and applicant interview date: 02/12/2019
Processing of case not straightforward email: 05/12/2019
Contacted UKVI by telephone call: 17/12/2019, case is ‘awaiting a decision’
Contacted for Collection:
Collection made:

Only update as of today was my contact to the UKVI centre to be told case is awaiting a decision
I suppose this respond was expected - looking at other people’s responses but I couldn’t help myself
Qs/ now is - how long is a piece of string?

(60WD deadline was 11/12/2019)

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:32 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:50 pm
Remti wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:44 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Update:
My employer was called today, lasted around 25 minutes. Asked a hell of a lot of questions.
Around 5 minz later they rang myself. Called lasted around 16 minutes. At the end i asked the woman on the phone how long would i wait now to hear. She said she could give a time but the employment part is the last part of the application. This wait has taken over my life now.
Also how many employers do you have sis?? And did u apply for your husband on behalf of him coz on the application it asks if ur the person applying or behalf of tge applicant. I chose the option as my husband is applying by himself. How about you? Hopefully it wont take too long now atleast the interview part is done.
I have one employer. And i think i said on behalf. As i went through legal reps
asalam alaikum. any news sis?
Wsalam my husbands been contacted today, going to collect tomorrow. Im so nervous. Please pray. In Sha Allah. How about u?

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:39 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Non priority
Settlement - husband
Online application: 7th October 2019
Biometrics: 23rd October 2019
Documents submitted at Vfs scanning hub: 23rd October 2019
Email recieved on 23rd October confirming acknowledgment of application

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(
Call to employer/sponsor: 13/12/19
Contacted for collection: 17/12/19
Decision: tomorrow in Sha Allah duas needed

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:37 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:32 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:50 pm
Remti wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Also how many employers do you have sis?? And did u apply for your husband on behalf of him coz on the application it asks if ur the person applying or behalf of tge applicant. I chose the option as my husband is applying by himself. How about you? Hopefully it wont take too long now atleast the interview part is done.
I have one employer. And i think i said on behalf. As i went through legal reps
asalam alaikum. any news sis?
Wsalam my husbands been contacted today, going to collect tomorrow. Im so nervous. Please pray. In Sha Allah. How about u?
awww mashallah sis thats great. in shaa Allah it will be good news . please update me. no nothing yet hun no calls nothing. please pray for me and others too on this forum sis.

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:05 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:39 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Non priority
Settlement - husband

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(
sis you didnt recieve those generic emails saying your decision isnt straightforward or any other ones??

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:14 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:05 pm
BritishCit wrote:
BritishCit wrote:
Non priority
Settlement - husband

sis you didnt recieve those generic emails saying your decision isnt straightforward or any other ones??
In Sha Allah will all hear good news. I didn't get the non straight forward email. My husband recieved the text and my solicitor recieved the collection email.

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:14 pm
Remti wrote:
BritishCit wrote:
BritishCit wrote:
Non priority
Settlement - husband

In Sha Allah will all hear good news. I didn't get the non straight forward email. My husband recieved the text and my solicitor recieved the collection email.
Omg i just missed 2 miscalls from private number coz im still at work and i wasnt allowed to pick up. I think it might be them. However they didnt leave a message.

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Remti wrote:
BritishCit wrote:

Omg i just missed 2 miscalls from private number coz im still at work and i wasnt allowed to pick up. I think it might be them. However they didnt leave a message.
What time did they call u sis?

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Remti wrote:
BritishCit wrote:
Remti wrote:

I very much doubt that they would have called at this time. They called me around 12.30 after calling me employer. I think they must usually call during usual office hours. Eg: 9 to 5

Remti

Post by Remti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:16 pm

BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:15 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Remti wrote:
BritishCit wrote:

I very much doubt that they would have called at this time. They called me around 12.30 after calling me employer. I think they must usually call during usual office hours. Eg: 9 to 5
Ohh okay then thats fine. Thank you sis

Smq123
Newly Registered

Post by Smq123 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:36 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Collection made:

Only update as of today was my contact to the UKVI centre to be told case is awaiting a decision
I suppose this respond was expected - looking at other people’s responses but I couldn’t help myself

We were praying for you to get a positive outcome before the holidays so it could give us a bit of hope too 😔

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:14 pm

Visa type: Spouse Settlement (Wife)

• Online application submitted: 21st October 2019

• All documents scanned/uploaded: 26th October 2019 (Self-scanned)

• Biometrics taken: 1st October 2019

• Email from TLS: 1st October 2019 - 'Your visa application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre for processing.'

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 4th November 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.'

Email to check if has been considered on the 26th November and replied same day that application has been considered and awaiting decision

Employer contacted: no
Sponsor contacted :no

Waiting game anyone on same timeframe

Dar5h
Newly Registered

Post by Dar5h » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:26 pm

Visa type: Spouse Settlement (Wife)

• Visa processing office: Colombo, Sri Lanka

• Online application submitted: 15th October 2019

• All documents scanned/uploaded: 30th October 2019

• Biometrics taken: 30th October 2019

• Email from Decision Making Centre: 31st October 2019 - 'Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.'

Email to check if has been considered on the 14th November and replied same day that all supporting documents have been received by the HO now and awaiting decision.

Employer contacted: no
Sponsor contacted: no

Last saw my wife back in June 2019 when I was flying back to the UK, our lives are on hold until we hopefully fingers crossed get her settlement visa approved. Btw we did use a specialist immigration lawyer who has had a very high success rate 👍.

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am

Smq123 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:36 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

We were praying for you to get a positive outcome before the holidays so it could give us a bit of hope too 😔
😭😭😭😭
I paid priority and today (day 28 of 30) we received a non straight forward email... I'm so worried... is something wrong with my application or is this just them having a back log / lots of work ect
I've seen so many other applications on here made after mine and get granted before
This is making me poorly all this stress ...
My solictor is not helpful at all and now says can take up to 6 months for a reply now...

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 am

SNK wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm
Priority application
biometrics- 10/10/19
Not straightforward email - 18/11/19
contacted for update on 6/12/19 - currently awaiting decision.

The wait is so frustrating. I don’t understand how the HO find it acceptable to take payment for “priority” service and then provide little to no communication.

anyone else with a similar timeline?
Any update??

Pawson
Nigeria

Post by Pawson » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:15 am

ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

I feel your pain in this waiting game. But please try and get something to keep you busy , I know is easier said than done. As long as your partner meet up with the financial requirement, accomodation you will be granted. May God hasten it for you with good news before this week runs out.

Smq123
Newly Registered

Post by Smq123 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:17 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am
Smq123 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

😭😭😭😭
I paid priority and today (day 28 of 30) we received a non straight forward email... I'm so worried... is something wrong with my application or is this just them having a back log / lots of work ect
I've seen so many other applications on here made after mine and get granted before
My solictor is not helpful at all and now says can take up to 6 months for a reply now...
Don't worry I think that's just an automated email they send on the 28th or 58th working day if they can't complete within the deadline. I also paid for priority right after your application, had one employment interview and now awaiting another but no "not straightforward email" as of yet. 27 working days today and holidays are approaching so whatever happens will happen after new years I guess. Just frustrating that when you pay for priority you expect a decision sooner. I've seen applications on here that are standard and getting decisions sooner than us so at the end of the day it all depends on individual cases

SNK

Post by SNK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 am
SNK wrote:
Priority application
biometrics- 10/10/19

The wait is so frustrating. I don’t understand how the HO find it acceptable to take payment for “priority” service and then provide little to no communication.

Any update??
Hi, they contacted me and my employer today. I missed the calls unfortunately so not sure what’s going to happen next.

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:18 am

SNK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 am
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 am
SNK wrote:
Priority application
biometrics- 10/10/19

Any update??
Hi, they contacted me and my employer today. I missed the calls unfortunately so not sure what’s going to happen next.
Seems like they take a month or so after the non straight forward email to start doing their checks
Soon the holidays will interrupt so guess not looking for a reply for a few months now 😭

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:20 am

Smq123 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:17 am
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am
Smq123 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

😭😭😭😭
Don't worry I think that's just an automated email they send on the 28th or 58th working day if they can't complete within the deadline. I also paid for priority right after your application, had one employment interview and now awaiting another but no "not straightforward email" as of yet. 27 working days today and holidays are approaching so whatever happens will happen after new years I guess. Just frustrating that when you pay for priority you expect a decision sooner. I've seen applications on here that are standard and getting decisions sooner than us so at the end of the day it all depends on individual cases
It's very frustrating to have paid that much extra and to see standard applications get replies faster 😭 I am so stressed I cant sleep eat or function well
I'm guessing u soon will get the not straight forward email too aa it is approaching the 30 days mark

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:12 am

Smq123 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

Thank you smq. I’ve seen so many other people receive a response who had either submitted after our biometrics and on standard service and even before us so I really don’t know generic the email is anymore but have to keep waiting :(

I think out of sight and out of mind is the best way