ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter of employment within 3 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mistersafe
Newly Registered

UK visa for Japanese wife

Post by mistersafe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:31 pm

I have been living in japan for 4 years.

I have recently married my Japanese girlfriend whom I was together with for 2 years before we married.

I have some questions.

1. What visa should I apply for?

2. Regarding the financial situation. I have been working the last year in Japan part-time earning around 15.000 pounds a year. My wife is self employed with a higher salary. Will her earnings help me meet the salary requirements?

3. If so will I be able to apply for the visa with a guaranteed job offer in the uk with the salary requirement, 3 months before the application

4. Will she be required to pass an English exam to get the visa?

All the information on the UK website is quite overwhelming.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK visa for Japanese wife

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:36 pm

1. Spouse visa https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

2. No, her income is irrelevant. Only your income is considered for an initial application outside the UK. To use overseas income, it must be at the £18,600pa level AND you just have a confirmed job offer in the UK to start within 3 months. Do you have any savings in either of your names?

3. Yes but only if your overseas income meets the minimum income requirement, which it doesn't appear to.

4. Yes. Minimum A1 level form and HO approved test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Post by mistersafe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:04 pm

Thanks for the information.

We don’t have savings in our names.

Our families may be able to support us my putting money in our names. But maybe half of the 60 plus thousand saving requirement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:18 pm

For savings to count, you have to have held them in an accessible account for minimum 6 months and declare the source of funds, unless proceeds of property sale.

Third party support from family is not accepted for spouse visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Post by mistersafe » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Update.

As my wife is self employed and we run the business together.

1.How Am I able to use our business income to meet the visa financial requirements. That would be plus my salary from my company in Japan.

2. Could your family’s give us the money to meet the savings requirement of plus 60k. By providing a letter stating that’s where the funds came from.

Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:23 pm

mistersafe wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:11 pm
Update.

As my wife is self employed and we run the business together.

1.How Am I able to use our business income to meet the visa financial requirements. That would be plus my salary from my company in Japan.

2. Could your family’s give us the money to meet the savings requirement of plus 60k. By providing a letter stating that’s where the funds came from.

Thank you.
For question 2. normally 3rd party support from Family is not accepted for spouse visas.
May work if unconditional gift(seek confirmation of MODs on this)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:22 am

A gift of money could be considered only if it has been held in an accessible account (by yourself or jointly with your wife), for a minimum of 6 months.

As CR001 has already advised, your wife's overseas income won't qualify.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Spouse visa for Japanese wife.

Post by mistersafe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 am

Hi I have posted here before but I need some different information as my circumstances have changed.

My wife is Japanese and we would like to apply for spouse visa.

I am just starting a new job in Japan. The salary is over the 18k mark. I understand you need to work 6 months earning over that amount.

1. So regarding the finding a job within 3 months in the uk. Do I need to find that job before I leave to the uk?

2. What is an example application timeline to start the proceed based on working for a year in japan earning over 18k?

3. Does my wife make the application in japan?

4. We will be living with my parents at first in a big house. Is that suitable?

5. Is there any way we can apply for the visa in the UK using the timeline in point 2. Or we have to apply in japan.

6. If here visa is granted how long will it last?

7. Can she work? If so are there limits on what she can do.

Thank you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Spouse visa for Japanese wife.

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:19 am

mistersafe wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:37 am
Hi I have posted here before but I need some different information as my circumstances have changed.

My wife is Japanese and we would like to apply for spouse visa.

I am just starting a new job in Japan. The salary is over the 18k mark. I understand you need to work 6 months earning over that amount.

1. So regarding the finding a job within 3 months in the uk. Do I need to find that job before I leave to the uk?

2. What is an example application timeline to start the proceed based on working for a year in japan earning over 18k?

3. Does my wife make the application in japan?

4. We will be living with my parents at first in a big house. Is that suitable?

5. Is there any way we can apply for the visa in the UK using the timeline in point 2. Or we have to apply in japan.

6. If here visa is granted how long will it last?

7. Can she work? If so are there limits on what she can do.

Thank you
1. Yes at the time of applying otherwise criteria won't fulfill.
2. Various timeline threads available. Search yourself
3 &5. Spouse visa can only be applied outside of UK although the documents can be uploaded from UK.
4. Yes fine
5. 33 months
6. Yes. No limit.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Post by mistersafe » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am

Thank you for the info.

Do you have and links to the timeline threads. I can’t seem to see a search function.

Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:40 pm

mistersafe wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 am
Thank you for the info.

Do you have and links to the timeline threads. I can’t seem to see a search function.

Thank you.
There is search tool at the top right hand corner (maybe you can't see probably due to having less posts) but even if you will find few timeline threads but these would be outdated (before CVD19 outbreak).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Spouse visa accommodation query

Post by mistersafe » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 am

I’m hoping to apply for the spouse visa via the savings route.

The problem I’m facing is I was hoping to use my parents home as accommodation when we arrive to the UK.

But due to family ill health I have no one in the Uk to assist me with any documents that end.

Also what documents from the Uk would need to provided. My savings are here in Japan so that’s easy to provide.

Any help is much appreciated.

vinny

Re: Spouse visa accommodation query

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:05 am

You need to show that there will be adequate accommodation at the time of arrival.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse visa accommodation query

Post by TODMATT » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:50 pm

mistersafe wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:04 am
I’m hoping to apply for the spouse visa via the savings route.

The problem I’m facing is I was hoping to use my parents home as accommodation when we arrive to the UK.

But due to family ill health I have no one in the Uk to assist me with any documents that end.

Also what documents from the Uk would need to provided. My savings are here in Japan so that’s easy to provide.

Any help is much appreciated.
Letter of No objection from your parents.
Proof of ownership (Land registry, Mortgage Statements)
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Overseas salary and UK job offer.

Post by mistersafe » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:16 pm

I’m currently living in Japan earning over the 18.700k threshold. I’m from the UK

I want to use the route where I can use proof of my Japanese salary plus a job offer starting with in three months of arrival in the UK. This is for my Japanese wife’s family visa.

What the requirements of the uk job offer?

1. Could a recruitment agency provide a letter saying I will start work at this date and the salary will be over the 18.700k mark.

2. Or does it need to be a direct hire post with a direct contract?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: Overseas salary and UK job offer.

Post by TODMATT » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:11 pm

mistersafe wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:16 pm
I’m currently living in Japan earning over the 18.700k threshold. I’m from the UK

I want to use the route where I can use proof of my Japanese salary plus a job offer starting with in three months of arrival in the UK. This is for my Japanese wife’s family visa.

What the requirements of the uk job offer?

1. Could a recruitment agency provide a letter saying I will start work at this date and the salary will be over the 18.700k mark.

2. Or does it need to be a direct hire post with a direct contract?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
1. Yes

“ 4. In respect of a job offer in the UK (for an applicant’s partner or parent’s partner returning to salaried employment in the UK at paragraphs E-ECP.3.2.(a) and E-ECC.2.2.(a) of Appendix FM) a letter from the employer must be provided:
(a) confirming the job offer, the gross annual salary and the starting date of the employment which must be within 3 months of the applicant’s partner’s return to the UK; or
(b) enclosing a signed contract of employment, which must have a starting date within 3 months of the applicant’s partner’s return to the UK.”

2. Any job offer with an employer showing that you are going to be earning £18,600 annually.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

mistersafe
Newly Registered

Letter of employment within 3 months

Post by mistersafe » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:51 am

I want to use the route of using my overseas salary and having an job offer starting within three months would be my best option. I have a friend who owns a recruitment company. He would be able to offer me employment. My question here is, would that be okay?

Also if I was to quit the job after the visa was granted would that cause problems with my wifes visa. Also do goverment carry out checks on the job offer, as it seems to good to be true that all they need is a copy of a job offer.

Also is there a route where you can use an overseas salary combined with savings and not need a job starting within 3 months?

Thanks.