ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1_Aspirant
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1_Aspirant » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:33 am

pyke wrote:
apunan wrote:
Accomodation Proof
- Friend's Invitation Letter
- Friend's tenancy agreement copy
- Friend's Passport copy
- Friend's Driving license

Please let me know if you need to know any specific detail.

Congratulations, apunan! I was wondering what approach you took with the friend's invitation letter. Was it addressed to you, inviting you with all your friend's personal, contact and accommodation details included or was it addressed to the BHC to inform them that your friend was able to provide accommodation with all those details? Would be really helpful if you can provide advice on what details you included in the letter too! Got a sample?

Would a printout of an email from a friend suffice?

Also, a copy of your friend's passport and driving license isn't necessary, is it?

Thank you!

I got a sample invitation letter from one the boards...might be of help.
It has been addressed to BHC.

Name:
Address:
Tel Home:
Mobile:
Email Id:

Date:

To,

The Immigration Officer,
British Deputy High Commission,
Chennai-600006,
India.

Sub: Accommodation Invitation for xxxx – Passport No. xxxx

Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that I would like to invite Mr. xxxx, my xxxx, who is applying for the Tier-1 (General) Visa, under the points based system. After he arrives in the UK, he will be staying with me, until he finds a suitable job and accommodation.
I have been working and staying in UK for the last X years. I rent/own a X-bedroom house at the above address, which is currently occupied by me. I have no problems in accommodating him in my house.

I will be accommodating him until he gets a stable job. I would like to assure you that Mr. xxxx and I would not claim any public funds in this regard.

If you need any further details with regard to accommodation, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours Truly,

Name

Enclosures:

1)
2)

pradeep0507
Newly Registered

Cleared HSMP - Query on EC under Tier1

Post by pradeep0507 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:26 pm

Hi,
I had applied for HSMP in March 2008. I got to know this week that my application is approved and the documents are on their way. Just wanted to check up few things regarding the EC process:
1. I had given the previous Earning proof from March 2007 - Feb 2008 for my HSMP Application. That included my payslips and Bank statement. Now while applying for EC, do I need to give the details for the same period or I'll have to give the details of last 12 months immediately before the EC application?
2. I started maintaining the Funds from June and will be able to apply for EC only in the First week of September. So if I need to give the income details of last 12 months immediately before the EC application, it would clearly show in my bank statement that the amount is there in my account only since last three months.
3. I have taken a personal loan for the maintenance fund. Will that create any issue. Because in the bank statement, the transaction remark mentions it specifically.

Please anyone who could answer these queries, it'll be great.

Regards,
Pradeep.

pyke

Post by pyke » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:57 pm

Thanks, Tier1_Aspirant!

pyke

Re: Cleared HSMP - Query on EC under Tier1

Post by pyke » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:03 pm

pradeep0507 wrote: 1. I had given the previous Earning proof from March 2007 - Feb 2008 for my HSMP Application. That included my payslips and Bank statement. Now while applying for EC, do I need to give the details for the same period or I'll have to give the details of last 12 months immediately before the EC application?
I've been wondering the same....

pradeep0507 wrote: 2. I started maintaining the Funds from June and will be able to apply for EC only in the First week of September. So if I need to give the income details of last 12 months immediately before the EC application, it would clearly show in my bank statement that the amount is there in my account only since last three months.
The Maintenance requirement is specifically for the last three months. If that's fulfilled, it shouldn't be a problem.

35kimmig
Newly Registered

Passport submission

Post by 35kimmig » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi
I plan to submit my Tier 1 application in Mumbai shortly.
The VAF9 form mentions that the current passport needs to be submitted along with the application.

However, I will need to travel internationally post the submission. My query is whether I will be able to get my passport back upon submission of my application and if so, how can I do it.

sach1636
Newly Registered

Post by sach1636 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:27 am

experts \ friends,

I am working in UK and hold a valid WP. I am planning to apply for tier1 (general) visa.

I have two options.

1. apply from UK
2. apply from india (was planning to utilise my holidays :)...

Which one would you recommend?

ganeshptrk

Tier 1 Approved

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Dear all,
My Tier 1 is approved. Here are my application details. I am writing this as this post may help to clear out some of the most commonly asked questions on maintenance funds, joint accounts etc.

Application Submitted on: 16-June-08
Application Submitted at: VFS Bangalore
Visa Stamped on: 18-July-08
Passport Collected on: 24-July-08 (Personally collected from VFS Bangalore)
INTEGRA Check: No Idea

Here goes section wise details
1. Age: 5 points. I cross 31 years BUT not celebrated my 32nd birthday. Hence 5 points.
Proff: Passport

2. Education: 30 points. I hold Bachelors degree. There is a spelling mistake in my university name as given in the Self evaluation tool.
However this seems to be not a problem with BHC.
Proof: Original Degree Certificate alone

3. Previous Earnings: 45 points. I showed the earnings for the first 12 months of 15 months period, i.e Mar-2007 to Feb-2008.
Proof: 12 months Payslips attested by my company's finance dept.
12 months bank statements. In bank statement, the salary credit was shown as "Salary for <month>". Either my name or company name was not shown.
4. English Language Requirement: My degree was recognised by the self evaluation tool. No extra proof.
5. Maintenance funds: Few things to be noted here.
1. I am a married person with one child. However I applied only for myself. I showed total three acounts. The 2800 funds is spread among these three acounts. And one of the accounts is a joing account with my spouse. I produced Marriage Certificate for this. The other two accounts are only on my name.
2. There were large credits into one of these accounts during the 3 months period. I have not produced any proof for source of funds. I transfered into credits into one of my other savings accounts which was not shown to BHC. Though, there were transactions showing large credits, the net balance remained the same.

And my EC is approved. So you can show a joint account on your spouse name though only one applicant is applying for EC.
Secondly, even if there are large credits if the balance not changed (because of subsequent debits for the same amount), no additional proof is required.
Thirdly, my statement shows the transaction from 10-Mar to 14-June.

I have not shown any accomodation proof. However, I produced the evidence of job offer.

I would like to thank all the members of this forum for their advice which helped me in getting the visa. In fact I was thinking to show the bank statement only from 1-Mar-08 to 31-May-08 (rememebr, my application date is 16-Jun), which is more than 7 days gap. One of the members on this forum advised me to be careful with the dates. Without this, my application would have surely rejected.

Cheers

ramesh1

Tier 1 Approved

Post by ramesh1 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:32 am

ganeshptrk congrats for your approval. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on these things also it would be of great help as i am planning to apply this month

1) Have u submitted Form-16 and Income tax returns?If so your Form-16 is attested by your employer?

2) Have u submitted all your appointment letter/increment letters? If so were they attested by your employer?

In-fact i have also crossed 31 and hav not celeberated 32nd bday so mine of similar to your case.

Pls advise.

ganeshptrk

Hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Hi ramesh1
I didn't submit form 16.
Yes, I did submit appointment letter/offer letter. But no increment letter.

ramesh1

re: Tier 1 Approved

Post by ramesh1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 pm

ganeshptrk thanks for your response. By the way what have u conveyed for not taking your family with you in another 12 months. That is a query to be filled in the form right and i am also in the same situation. Also except payslips none of other docs are attested by your employer it seems. Pls correct me if my understanding is not correct.

ganeshptrk

hi

Post by ganeshptrk » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:19 am

Hi ramesh1,
I said my wife is undergoing studies and cannot come with me until some time next August.
From employer's side, only payslips need to be attested.

narsii

Info on Tier -1

Post by narsii » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:01 am

Hi Guru . could you please help me in this regard .

I would be applying for Tier -1 in 1st week of September ,
i have a few questions ..

2)http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant from this URL i see that
Qualifications Attribute has the requirement of confirmation from UK NARIC of qualification’s equivalence to UK academic level
is this is mandatory ?

4) i have accumulated 2.5 L in the HDFC a/c(i.e my salary a/c ) where there are many huge credit /debit transactions have been made after i accumulated the amount. would this be a problem as i am providing the same bank statement ( in seperate) for both salary (8 mths) and maintainance funds( 3mths) .

is it necessary to provide the source of income for the amounts that had been credited into the account?( i dont see any requirement in the Guidance to provide the source of funds for the transactions)

Please correct me if my interpretation is wrong.

5) My name as per the passport is
Surname: Nadaduru
Given Name : Srenivasachary Lakshmi narasimham

Name in my Acedamic certificates : Lakshmi Narasimham N S

Name as in my payslips/Offer letter : Lakshmi Narasimham Nadaduru

please suggest me what should i do in this case ,

Cheers
Narsii.
Last edited by narsii on Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

baba ukwale
Newly Registered

Post by baba ukwale » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:38 am

:lol: :D Hi All,
My question is, if someone living in the UK as a work permit dependent and working with middle east company(tax free country) and getting tax free salary in the UK so, what documents required for TIER 1 application please advise and possible please post company sample letters also.
thx

tier1applicantArpit
Newly Registered

I have the same issue, Please guide how did you go about

Post by tier1applicantArpit » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem. I am showing UK bank statements & applying from India but can't get the letter so early as stated in the BIA website. It may take atleast 15 days to reach me. Can you please tell me how did u do. I have a option where for 2 months I can show UK and for 1 month I can show India Account balance. But not sure whether this will work or no.
Please guide me.
My email id is pankajsdwivedi@gmail.com. Please reply me.
Thanks,
Arp
jcs wrote:Hi Kaushal,
Can you give some more clarity on the bank statements requirement for Maintenance funds? If the date of my application is towards end of May, say 20th May 2008, then do my bank statements have to be from 19th March 2008 to 19th May 2008? If that is the case then it is not possible to get original statements as I am going to show my UK bank statements and they are generated online. I will be able to show my statement only till last month end, i.e. April end. Would that be alright? And it would not be possible to get them stamped in good time as I am in India. Moreover the BIA website have mentioned that for online statements the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from the bank confirming their authenticity. In my case it would not be possible to get the letter nor the bank stamp. Can you please give some suggestions?

Is it required to mention in the cover letter?

geriatrix

Re: I have the same issue, Please guide how did you go about

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 pm

tier1applicantArpit wrote:I have the same problem. I am showing UK bank statements & applying from India but can't get the letter so early as stated in the BIA website. It may take atleast 15 days to reach me. Can you please tell me how did u do.
Reading this will help.
tier1applicantArpit wrote:I have a option where for 2 months I can show UK and for 1 month I can show India Account balance. But not sure whether this will work or no.
Will not work 'coz your UK statement must still be dated within 7 days of your application. Start maintaining the min. amount in an Indian bank account and apply after 3 months.
tier1applicantArpit wrote:My email id is pankajsdwivedi@gmail.com.
People can contact you directly using the PM tool, so no point in disclosing personal contact information on a *public* forum.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ashishmalhotra8
Newly Registered

Job Consultant required for London

Post by ashishmalhotra8 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:29 am

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me out for any job consultants in London.

It would be a great help ff anybody can provide me the contact details for the same.

Thanks....

Balan
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 (General) visas

Post by Balan » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 am

Hi,

The main applicant is to fill in only VAF9..right?
what is VAF 9a & VAF 9b?

Your reply will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
Balan

coolguyIndia

Re: UK Tier 1 (General) visas

Post by coolguyIndia » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:47 am

refer to

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ationform/

or

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant

forms have been merged now, do check on the websites for latest forms. To best of knowledge, VAF 9A and 9B have been merged and in addition to that one appendix for points claimed has to be filled.
Balan wrote:Hi,

The main applicant is to fill in only VAF9..right?
what is VAF 9a & VAF 9b?

Your reply will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
Balan
Thanks & Best Regards

Haomom
Newly Registered

Post by Haomom » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:49 am

Hey All,

I am happy to inform that i got my Tier1 Visa today and it is stamped for three years.

Applied on: 30th July
Passport received on : 22nd Aug
total time taken: 17 working days

I want tp thank all the people here. This forum has helped me a lot in the process.

Cheers,
Haomom

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:13 am

Haomom wrote:Hey All,

I am happy to inform that i got my Tier1 Visa today and it is stamped for three years.

Applied on: 30th July
Passport received on : 22nd Aug
total time taken: 17 working days

I want tp thank all the people here. This forum has helped me a lot in the process.

Cheers,
Haomom
Hey which VFS did u apply from?

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:52 am

Hi All,

Status of my Visa on VFS website is "Processed application in Transit". Could anyone of you tell me the exact meaning of this.

Thanks.

Haomom
Newly Registered

Post by Haomom » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:24 am

i applied from VFS hyderabad

Haomom

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:32 am

This means ur application is processed and it has been despatched by respective BHC / BDHC offce... so u shud check with VFS (in case you applied through VFS).

Regards
tieronevisa wrote:Hi All,

Status of my Visa on VFS website is "Processed application in Transit". Could anyone of you tell me the exact meaning of this.

Thanks.
Thanks & Best Regards

tieronevisa
Newly Registered

Post by tieronevisa » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 am

Hi Guys,

I got my Tier 1 Visa approved yesterday. Thanks to every one in this forum.
You guys were of great help to me.

I applied from VFS Pune.

Date of application : 04/08/2008
Passport Received on : 25/08/2008

Thanks again!

Cheers!

kandasamy

Post by kandasamy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:35 am

Hi Kaushal,

Good morning.

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 general application in mid of next month. When I checked in the BIA assessment I am qualifying with the points.
Maintenance fund
I am having one doubt with the maintenance fund. As I understood I want to show 2,800 pound for me as well as for my dependant it should be 1600 each. My son who is 3.5 years old now. For him also I need to show 1600 pound as maintenance fund. Please clarify this.
Earning points.
Out of 12 months I am in UK for 9 months. I am having my UK pay slip as well as my UK bank statement. 3 months I am having Indian salary and I am having Indian pay slip and bank statement for this period. For showing my earning power I am planning to submit the following documents.
1. UK play slip with seal and sign from my employer
2. UK bank statement
3. Indian Pay slip with sign and seal
4. Indian statement not original. ( I have request duplicate copies of the statement from the bank and I am submitting the same)
5. Form 16 for year 2007 -2008 and IT return
6. Salary certificate from employer.
Please clarify any additional document is required.
UK experience.
When I went through the BIA site, I came to know that I if my earning is more than 16000 pound I can get 5 points for it. I am eligible for getting this point. My question is any proof I need to submit for my UK experience.

Qualification.
I am B.E graduate from Bharathiyar University, Coimabatore. This institute is list down in the BIA tool. So should I go for a qualification assessment or not.
Please clarify above points. It can be really helpful for me.

Regards
Kandasamy