ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mistah
Newly Registered

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Mistah » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:19 am

Visa granted
27 September
Scanned documents 2nd October
Bio 16 October
Eco 21 November
Email for collection 12 December

Remti

Post by Remti » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 am

SNK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 am
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:25 am
SNK wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm
Priority application
biometrics- 10/10/19
Not straightforward email - 18/11/19
contacted for update on 6/12/19 - currently awaiting decision.

The wait is so frustrating. I don’t understand how the HO find it acceptable to take payment for “priority” service and then provide little to no communication.

anyone else with a similar timeline?
Any update??
Hi, they contacted me and my employer today. I missed the calls unfortunately so not sure what’s going to happen next.
What time did they call you?

ElizaK

Post by ElizaK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am

Hey guys, does anyone know what date the holidays start? And when do offices re-open?

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am

BritishCit wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:09 pm
Non priority
Settlement - husband
Online application: 7th October 2019
Biometrics: 23rd October 2019
Documents submitted at Vfs scanning hub: 23rd October 2019
Email recieved on 23rd October confirming acknowledgment of application
Contactedfor collection: 17th dec via text and email
18th dec:Visa granted Alhamdulillah. Misery is finally over

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(

miolamaps
Newly Registered

Post by miolamaps » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am

BritishCit wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am
BritishCit wrote:
Non priority
Settlement - husband

4 weeks this Wednesday and the waiting game is killing me!!!!! Can't do anything :(
Did Call you or your employer ? What time did you receive the email

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:56 am

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:12 am
Smq123 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:36 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:18 pm
Application Category: Settlement Husband
Priority level: Non-Priority
Application submitted (Online): 05/09/2019
Biometrics enrolled: 18/09/2019
Email Recieved from ECO: 10/10/2019
Sponsor and applicant interview invite: 21/11/2019
Sponsor and applicant interview date: 02/12/2019
Processing of case not straightforward email: 05/12/2019
Contacted UKVI by telephone call: 17/12/2019, case is ‘awaiting a decision’
Contacted for Collection:
Collection made:

Only update as of today was my contact to the UKVI centre to be told case is awaiting a decision
I suppose this respond was expected - looking at other people’s responses but I couldn’t help myself
Qs/ now is - how long is a piece of string?

(60WD deadline was 11/12/2019)
We were praying for you to get a positive outcome before the holidays so it could give us a bit of hope too 😔
Thank you smq. I’ve seen so many other people receive a response who had either submitted after our biometrics and on standard service and even before us so I really don’t know generic the email is anymore but have to keep waiting :(

I think out of sight and out of mind is the best way
Have u not escellated the case? And if not then what are your reasons to not do so?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:56 am
ms1993 wrote:
Smq123 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

Only update as of today was my contact to the UKVI centre to be told case is awaiting a decision
I suppose this respond was expected - looking at other people’s responses but I couldn’t help myself

We were praying for you to get a positive outcome before the holidays so it could give us a bit of hope too 😔
Thank you smq. I’ve seen so many other people receive a response who had either submitted after our biometrics and on standard service and even before us so I really don’t know generic the email is anymore but have to keep waiting :(

Have u not escellated the case? And if not then what are your reasons to not do so?
No I haven’t

I have scoured this forum numerous times and have found the following:

- Contacting UKVI by telephone / email only provides generic updates eg awaiting a decision
- HO have already emailed me within their 60 days to advise that they will not be able to meet their own deadline
- Others who have escalated their delay haven’t had an adequate response and the HO still took their time

I am considering my options and may escalate via MP if I do choose to do so

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:08 am
Smq123 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Collection made:

😭😭😭😭
I paid priority and today (day 28 of 30) we received a non straight forward email... I'm so worried... is something wrong with my application or is this just them having a back log / lots of work ect
I've seen so many other applications on here made after mine and get granted before
This is making me poorly all this stress ...
My solictor is not helpful at all and now says can take up to 6 months for a reply now...
Sorry I didn’t see this reply earlier - I’ve been advised the same thing sadly by my solicitor

The delay could be anything... Could be application related, could be HO related

BritishCit

Post by BritishCit » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:07 am

miolamaps wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:15 am
BritishCit wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am
BritishCit wrote:
Non priority
Settlement - husband

Did Call you or your employer ? What time did you receive the email
Called us both. Email was sent around 11.44am

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:18 am

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:59 am
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Smq123 wrote:

No I haven’t

- Contacting UKVI by telephone / email only provides generic updates eg awaiting a decision
- HO have already emailed me within their 60 days to advise that they will not be able to meet their own deadline
- Others who have escalated their delay haven’t had an adequate response and the HO still took their time

I got the email on day 28 of 30
But I think maybe around day 20 I generally thought let's ask for an update... they saif awaiting decision... then day 25 rang again they said same thing total waste of money £22 for both calls...

But when the not straight fwd email came my solictor said it was my fault ! He said I kept ringing them for updates and that apparently case workers see all movement and we still were within the time frame yet I kept ringing for updates that's why now my case is delayed and even tho the email mentions nothing, I could be waiting upto 6 months he said

I find it ridiculous he would even say that as all I did was ask an update so how has that delayed the case cz if that Is the way the case workers work then that is very unprofessional and misconduct in my opinion

And I have already waited 6 weeks
Does this mean I'm now waiting another 6 months or just a total of 6 months out of which my 6 weeks are already done?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:24 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:18 am
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

No I haven’t

But I think maybe around day 20 I generally thought let's ask for an update... they saif awaiting decision... then day 25 rang again they said same thing total waste of money £22 for both calls...

But when the not straight fwd email came my solictor said it was my fault ! He said I kept ringing them for updates and that apparently case workers see all movement and we still were within the time frame yet I kept ringing for updates that's why now my case is delayed and even tho the email mentions nothing, I could be waiting upto 6 months he said

I find it ridiculous he would even say that as all I did was ask an update so how has that delayed the case cz if that Is the way the case workers work then that is very unprofessional and misconduct in my opinion

Does this mean I'm now waiting another 6 months or just a total of 6 months out of which my 6 weeks are already done?
I think the most important thing to remember is that the HO will take as much time as they require to make a decision. You should find solace in the fact that you have not had a refusal (and inshaAllah you won’t) as I pray for myself too.

I understand what your solicitor said and whilst I can’t comment on his point of view, I can say that I doubt a status request could cause a delay. Are there any complications in your case? Eg previous history / two jobs?

The 6 months starts from the date of biometrics

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:24 am
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

No I haven’t

I think the most important thing to remember is that the HO will take as much time as they require to make a decision. You should find solace in the fact that you have not had a refusal (and inshaAllah you won’t) as I pray for myself too.

I understand what your solicitor said and whilst I can’t comment on his point of view, I can say that I doubt a status request could cause a delay. Are there any complications in your case? Eg previous history / two jobs?

I have searched this forum and after the not straight forward email some wait weeks others 3 months or so

And mine I've only got 1 job which is with nando's so that's a big known company so dont think its that
I have been previously married but all divorce papers ect have been included in the papers
There is an age gap between me and my husband but I'm hoping it's not that as that would be discrimination wouldn't it?

And how long do u have to wait before getting MP involved? On a priority application?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:39 am

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 am
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

No I haven’t

I have searched this forum and after the not straight forward email some wait weeks others 3 months or so

And mine I've only got 1 job which is with nando's so that's a big known company so dont think its that
I have been previously married but all divorce papers ect have been included in the papers
There is an age gap between me and my husband but I'm hoping it's not that as that would be discrimination wouldn't it?

And how long do u have to wait before getting MP involved? On a priority application?
My only complication is my husbands immigration history - no overstay breaches etc but some history there

I think if there were any issues, they would have been highlighted by now

There isn’t any guidance on how long you should wait before escalating - I think it’s down to your personal choice. I’m not sure if the word escalate has any foundation behind that in that does it actually raise an escalation?

You have to remember that the HO are under no obligation to respond to your MP

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:41 am

Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

No I haven’t

Sorry just to add to this, my husband and I have chosen to wait

IsaacIsla
Newly Registered

Post by IsaacIsla » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:55 am

BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:15 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:10 pm
Remti wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:08 pm
BritishCit wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:14 pm

In Sha Allah will all hear good news. I didn't get the non straight forward email. My husband recieved the text and my solicitor recieved the collection email.
Omg i just missed 2 miscalls from private number coz im still at work and i wasnt allowed to pick up. I think it might be them. However they didnt leave a message.
What time did they call u sis?
I very much doubt that they would have called at this time. They called me around 12.30 after calling me employer. I think they must usually call during usual office hours. Eg: 9 to 5
This is wrong information. I got the call at 5.45pm and my employer past 6pm.

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:39 am
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

My only complication is my husbands immigration history - no overstay breaches etc but some history there

There isn’t any guidance on how long you should wait before escalating - I think it’s down to your personal choice. I’m not sure if the word escalate has any foundation behind that in that does it actually raise an escalation?

Personally I think I will wait till after new year then ask for an escalation... so far there has been no contact to myself or my employer ect and if this remains the same case then I really dont know why they are delaying my case. I will atleast try to escalate it.

If they are completing cases every day after our delay then surely how long can they possibly need to take to come to a decision... cant see how any searches ect can take months n months n months...

Btw how long after did pawson get their visa AFTER they got their automated not straight fwd email?

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:16 pm

Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
ms1993 wrote:

Personally I think I will wait till after new year then ask for an escalation... so far there has been no contact to myself or my employer ect and if this remains the same case then I really dont know why they are delaying my case. I will atleast try to escalate it.

If they are completing cases every day after our delay then surely how long can they possibly need to take to come to a decision... cant see how any searches ect can take months n months n months...

Btw how long after did pawson get their visa AFTER they got their automated not straight fwd email?
Pawson and I have a very similar timeline. He is two days before me and received the not case straight forward on 58th and response by 63rd day

I’m on 64 days now - the only contact I had was the interview and nothing more

Wishing you luck if you choose to escalate, we may end up waiting it out

My only frustration is that people who applied before me have had a response and even after me have had a response

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:01 pm

ms1993 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:16 pm
Nosh25 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:09 pm
ms1993 wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

Pawson and I have a very similar timeline. He is two days before me and received the not case straight forward on 58th and response by 63rd day

I’m on 64 days now - the only contact I had was the interview and nothing more

Wishing you luck if you choose to escalate, we may end up waiting it out

My only frustration is that people who applied before me have had a response and even after me have had a response
I honestly wish u the very best with your case ... plz pray for me too 😔
Plz do post updates as well

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:11 pm

Rob812 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:28 pm
We got her visa yesterday. Here is our final timeline.

Applied online 26/09 (priority)
Biometrics 07/10
ECO email 18/10
Case not straightforward email 19/11
Decision made email 21/11
Passport with visa 22/11 :)
Did u or employers ect anyone get contacted? U got your reply 2 days after the case not straight fwd email ma sha allah ...

SNK

Post by SNK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Remti wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 am
SNK wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:
SNK wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 pm
Priority application
biometrics- 10/10/19
Not straightforward email - 18/11/19
contacted for update on 6/12/19 - currently awaiting decision.

The wait is so frustrating. I don’t understand how the HO find it acceptable to take payment for “priority” service and then provide little to no communication.

anyone else with a similar timeline?
Any update??
Hi, they contacted me and my employer today. I missed the calls unfortunately so not sure what’s going to happen next.
They rang early in the morning,10am. I must say this forum is so addictive! Try not to get too attached to it because everyone has different cases and different caseworkers. I’ve seen so many people apply after me (October) using standard and had their visa granted. I’ve also seen people who have paid priority and had their visa granted in 20 days.

Pretty fair to say that the response is based on luck. The timelines vary so much it’s better to just accept everything will happen on its own time for you otherwise you’ll go crazy.

I paid for priority service and it’s been 50 days.

AS4LYF
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AS4LYF » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm

Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am
ElizaK wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:25 am
Has anyone else applied for a spouse Visa from pakistan and is still waiting 60+days?
81 working days for me/my husband so far but from Morocco
Yes I have just hit the century mark. 105 working days as of today :(

Biometrics - 23rd July 2019
Location - Mirpur, Pakistan
Standard
Documents returned - 4th September
not straight forward email (after 56 working days) - 10th October 2019
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

soo frustraing not knowing what is going on.

its been 105 working days and 22 weeks since the biometrics.

I can only hope that I am close to getting a response. :(

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:04 pm

AS4LYF wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:43 pm
Shidd1994 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 am
ElizaK wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:25 am
Has anyone else applied for a spouse Visa from pakistan and is still waiting 60+days?
81 working days for me/my husband so far but from Morocco
Yes I have just hit the century mark. 105 working days as of today :(

Biometrics - 23rd July 2019
Location - Mirpur, Pakistan
Standard
Documents returned - 4th September
not straight forward email (after 56 working days) - 10th October 2019
solicitor called up last week Wed 11th Dec (on 100th working day) - was told awaiting decision.

soo frustraing not knowing what is going on.

its been 105 working days and 22 weeks since the biometrics.

I can only hope that I am close to getting a response. :(
Have u escellated the matter?

Nosh25
Newly Registered

Post by Nosh25 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:05 pm

SNK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:14 pm
Remti wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:25 am
SNK wrote:
Nosh25 wrote:

Any update??
They rang early in the morning,10am. I must say this forum is so addictive! Try not to get too attached to it because everyone has different cases and different caseworkers. I’ve seen so many people apply after me (October) using standard and had their visa granted. I’ve also seen people who have paid priority and had their visa granted in 20 days.

Pretty fair to say that the response is based on luck. The timelines vary so much it’s better to just accept everything will happen on its own time for you otherwise you’ll go crazy.

I paid for priority service and it’s been 50 days.
You are right
Reading some people get fast replies gives me hope then reading the posts of people waiting 100 plus days breaks me

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:45 pm

ElizaK wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:34 am
Hey guys, does anyone know what date the holidays start? And when do offices re-open?
Hi Eliza

I believe the standard U.K. bank holidays only
I’ve been following your post since before I submitted my application, I’m sorry to hear your app is delayed

Do you have Any complicated circumstances that would result in this?

SNK

Post by SNK » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:02 pm

I know it’s a joke. Nothing more annoying than seeing someone not pay for priority and then get a response / visa before you. :oops: not sure how the HO works or the systems but doesn’t make any sense to me.