ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Did postgrad (masters level 9) on stamp 1G

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Did postgrad (masters level 9) on stamp 1G

Post by ch123 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I wanted to discuss my exceptional case with you all and welcome your valuable suggestions.
I completed my undergrad degree from Ireland (level 8 on stamp 2 and was granted 1G visa after that. However, I re-enrolled and started a postgrad degree on the same stamp i.e 1G. My concern is that will I be able to apply for the 1G scheme again on the basis of my level 9 degree (24 months visa is generally given). Is it possible to apply for 1G with a valid 1G visa. As in, you require a valid stamp 2 to avail the scheme but I did not change to stamp 2 from 1G for my masters and stayed on it.

What do people think? Do I have a chance or did I make a mistake by doing masters on stamp 1G?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Did postgrad (masters level 9) on stamp 1G

Post by littlerr » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:05 pm

It sounds to me that you were creating troubles for yourself when you decided not to apply for Stamp 2 and pay 300 euro when you enrolled in a masters degree course.

In order to re-enrol in Stamp 1G, you must currently hold a Stamp 2. The purpose of Stamp 1G, as mentioned on INIS website, is to give you opportunity to find work. It is not intended for you to study on a full-time course.

Apparently you do not satisfy the requirement of currently holding a stamp 2, but you can try your luck by getting an appointment in Burgh Quay and explaining your situations.